Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sunday ****1/27/2013****
dollbug posted:
Happy 6th Birthday to my little Sweet Pete....I can not believe that he is 6 years old already....my time does fly, when you are having fun...I picked up his birthday cake...Star Wars and all of the little cupcakes for his friends.

MiMi in NC....and it is still cold...in the 20*....but most of the snow melted...I am sure that there are slick spots here and there...and possibly *black ice*....I had much rather have snow than just a big mess to try to get out in...and especially not the ice part. A lot of wrecks happened. I was thankful that my younger son made in bad safely last night. He had to drive in the snow.

I do hope each of you had a good night's rest....and I hope today we will be a good day for us all. I did rest good but woke up too early to suit my taste...as we all know sleep is so very important to us FMers.

The end of the first month of the year. Can you believe that January is almost over? At least we are getting closer to springtime and warmer weather. Flowers will soon be peeking up from the ground and the birds will be singing and getting ready to take care of their little ones. The weather will be nicer and then it will be hot again.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group recently...I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better...it does take a trial and error process...which does take time and effort...there are no quick fixes that I am aware of...everything is indeed a process in dealing with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM.

Be sure and check out the info here under *tips* and *resources*....I am sure you will find some good tools that others have found that has helped them. You should also remember though that we are all different...and what helps one may or may not help another...only you will know when you have found what works for you.

Vitamin D.....(my favorite tool)...have you gotten yours checked? If not...then perhaps you should speak to your doctor about this..low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well...do your own research about this...there is a lot of good info on the internet about Vitamin D and just how important it is.

It is quite amazing all of the information that anyone can get these days....on any topic at all...and all right here at our fingertips...with the click of a mouse...interesting that it seems like the world is now even closer than it has ever been before.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it on this 27th day of January...where 6 years ago I was waiting in the hospital to meet my grandbaby. What a joy I have been blessed with.

Stay warm and enjoy your day.....I know I am.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

booch007 responded:
Happy Birthday Sweet-Pete! The light in Mim's eye!!

Well the snow is going no where here guys....Freezing our butts off!

I have had quite a weekend here and it continues....Fri night out for the BOYS and their award...Last night a sudden dinner party for my SIL's as they lost electric with a car accident that hit a pole at their neck of our woods. So, that was fun to have a sudden dinner event happen. Hurting a bit more today but it will get better.

I am going in an hour over to the girls, I was in detox and offered to give the Mom a moment or two out and away. SO she is runnig!! Always things to do for a young Mom, let alone some me time too.

I am going to bring my Mom's old necklaces and play dress up with them. Clip on earings and they will be bejewelled so pretty. Have to bring a mirror too so they can admire themselves.....a litttle nail polish and they will be little gems!

Today, well this afternoon I have to decorate for the BIG superbowl party we have. I thought i had one extra week...that went fast. Now I feel under the gun to get it done. DH has to be on the ladder for the flags and hanging decorations...(I am too short).

Planning a gathering is one of my strongest meds....having the party, knocks me over, but with planning ahead and DH helping it happens and we do well.

We have pools for the party and it is the center of the fun...the winners are people in town that we all know and it is just a focal point. Remember last year I did so well and it is a med in itself to help you feel good. Nothing like winning a prize.

OK, off to dress to see the girls...glitter, lots of glitter to dazzel their eyes with nana...., :0.

Nancy B

dollbug replied to booch007's response:
OMG....Nana B....I am sure your girls have lots of fun with Nana...I can only imagine....as it is cars and trucks and Scooby Doo....for me...and Alec....well...he is happy but only with computer type things...I have gotten him some books for his birthday and some other fun things....chess set...yes....Alec plays chess...so I have also bought me a set to learn...let's just see how well this goes...I have no idea...and I also got some cards games for Alec.

These boys love the computer and phone games...they are not *normal*....so much modern technology and they are right there wanting to do it also.

So funny...the difference between little girls and little boys.

I do miss spending time with my granddaughter...G is 8 years old...and I have not seen her in over 3 years now...I love her and miss her every day though...you know I watched this little girl being born...and now I can not even see her...it is so very sad. So much has now took place though..and it continues...it is now so BIG...with so much which has happened and so many people drug into *issues*. My heart hurts for *G*....she is her daddy's little girl and I am sure she is mad at the world for not being allowed to see and spend time with him.

OK...enough on my soapbox...I hope you are a great time with your girls...you are providing them with so many good memories with their Nana. You will be blessed for this and they will always and forever remember you for the good times.

Take care. Have fun.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

mnjeepguy responded:
Good morning everyone. This bitter climate I live in can be tiresome. I try to thinnk of how nice summer is here and not focus on the cold. There are some places it is too hot to e outside in the summer where here that is not an issue.

On the subject of driving in snow and ice, I have manages to do it for 20 years withought issue. The main tricks are to not use cruise control, slow down, keep lots of distance, and remember that the most icey places are bridges, tunnels, and stop lights. Take extra time to get where you need to go.

We have broomball at 9. I have not gone yet played this year because y body has not been up to it. I am still on the fence this morning, we will see.

I do take quite a few supplements. D, calcium, fish oil, magnesium, and a daily vitamin. I know it is very important to eat properly, but the supplements still help.

Tome sure does fly. My boys are 9 and 12. It is so important to take the time to interact with them at as much a possible. They need it, as do we, and before you know it they grow up.

I hope you all have a great day. Take care everyone.

Cory

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
462 of 537 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.