Skip to content
Making progress
foreversore posted:
Well, I went to my appointment the other day and saw my doctor instead of the nurse practitioner. We made a lot of changes to my medications, we dropped everything except for my Klonopin for RLS and he put me on Soma. So far, once I get to the point where I can fall asleep, the Soma helps my stay asleep. I don't wake up in pain every time I roll over and the muscle spasms are now gone. His office is supposed to call me tomorrow with a referral to a neurologist for an EMG of my lower extremities and a consult for a spinal cord stimulator.

When I talk to them I will let them know we are getting there but I need some day time pain relief for the neck/back/joint pain that the Soma doesn't cover. Hopefully it will only be temporary if the SCS is a success I am hoping I can (maybe) eliminate the need for pain medication.

While I am sleeping better and longer of course with fibro I still don't feel well rested when I get up and I still have the morning stiffness. I do however feel that we are finally on the right road to getting my pain under control so I can be the best me that I can be.

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
376 of 403 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.