Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday ****Monday****what a Sunday it was****1/28/2013****
dollbug posted:
OMG....what a party Alec had at ChuckECheese....there were little children everyone all ages, sizes and shapes...I could just feel the germs everywhere...as I entered the place it then hit me....OMG...I could then imagine what my next week will be like...well...here I am this very early morning waking up before any one with sense should be up...3 am is NOT my favorite time to get up every day...I hate mornings....and I hate waking up even more...so what the heck am I doing up this time of morning? Is this really considered morning yet? Well...maybe for some people but definitely NOT for me.

Anyway....Alec is not 6 but one time...and he had a BLAST...and that is what is important...he is such a sweetheart of a little boy...I pick at him when he comes to MiMi's....as he knows that his hands and nail must be clean...he normally comes in to eat and shows me his hands...dirty little fingernails...I bought him a little nail brush last yeat so that he would have this at his house to use...I have his own personal one here and I soap his hands up and scrub his fingernails good. He laughs so I think this is now a joke for him. I tell him that he needs to do this before mealtime. Yes...I do know he is a little boy and all little boys get dirty.

When I was in nursing school back in the 70*s....they taught the students there just how important washing one's hands is in the medical world...I did not finish school...which was a BIG mistake for me...(I missed my calling) but I did learn just how important handwashing is.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group...I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better...it does take a trial and error process though which does take time and effort on your part...as only you will know when you have found the right combination of *tools* that works for you. Dealing with the wrath of the dragon, as we refer to this mean and ulgy illness...it a challenge for most of us FMers each and every day. This is a good group of people here though who comes together to compare our notes on what we have learned on things that has helped us cope better...and we share what knowledge we know with others...this is kind of like *the meeting of the FMer's minds*.

So hang out with us here and I am sure that you will learn what others do to cope better...anything and everything is a process...as there are no quick fixes...a person should allow at least 6-8 weeks of doing whatever you decide to try...before making up your mind as to whether or not what you are doing is really helping you cope better...(of course, you would only allow this much time, IF you are not getting worse).

Vitamin D...I continue to try to include my favorite *TIP*...I only wish I could share this with the world....as I think it is indeed this important and everyone should know about Vitamin D and just how important it is for everyone....low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as will...It seems to be quite normal for people to have *low Vitamin D level*...so please do your own research and then speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level check....your body will thank you for this.

Here is hoping everyone else is haveing a good night's rest...and I hope today will be a good day for us all.

That's my story and I am sticking to it on this EARLY Monday morning.

Stay warm and stay safe and remember to hug your children and grandchildren.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!
Our weather will be all over the place the next few days. Today we're getting snow, sleet and freezing rain, and it won't get out of the 20s. Tomorrow it will be sunny and in the 40s; then Wednesday it will hit the 50s with heavy rain, strong winds and thunderstorms. Thursday it will be back in the 20s again, good grief, with snow by the weekend. My body could do without all these changes!

I need to get a couple of errands done this morning before the snow hits. Then I'm going to paint another section of the kitchen. I got the primer on yesterday. The old neon green color is slowly giving way to a nice pale yellow, and it looks so much better. The kitchen actually glows when the sun shines through the windows. Even Husband is impressed. That doesn't happen often, lol.

I am finding other painting projects and adding them to my list. After the kitchen, I'll be painting the corner where the computer is. The one wall there is dark gray, and it's thoroughly depressing. Then I want to do the windows in the living room. They were never painted and the wood is bare. Same for the bedroom. I may even paint the doors, which are also bare wood. There is plenty to keep me busy until spring.

I have two full gallons of yellow paint and two half gallons of white (all free!!) and I'll paint until I run out. There are plenty of things to use it on. I won't bother with the upstairs, though---that's so badly water damaged there's no use doing anything with it. I just want to make our living space more livable. I'm tired of the way it looks now.

Husband just called---the snow is supposed to start by 11. Gotta get my errands done. Hope everyone has a good day!

katmandulou responded:
Another Manic Monday, and an awful weekend here...

Like Angelswife, we're still in the freeze, with snow coming in tonight. It will get close to 60 Wednesday, then back to the cold. And what a cold it is! I'm flaring awful bad, it started last Thursday and didn't know what was going on, and it got the better of me Saturday. DH thinks I should get some leggings/ footless tights, whatever they're called, to layer under my pants. I know it's bad when I can feel the cold in the house, and I'm thankful for the afghan I'm knitting for my nephew. I'm scheduled to see the rheumy wed afternoon, so we'll see what he says.

MiMi, I don't know how you tolerate Chuck E Cheese! The noise alone would set me off. I hope when your little ones are not-so-little they'l realize just how wonderful you were to them, coming to their parties and caring so much!

Angelswife, enjoy the new color. I have a friend who moved into a condo, and the previous owner had painted one whole room bright yellow - up to the top of the cathedral ceiling! She asked whether she should have the whole thing repainted, and I suggested she use white and sponge paint to lessen the brightness. She emailed a few weeks later that she loved the effect, the room was still bright but not so, well, yellow.

I wish you all the best day you can possibly have!
Lou

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Monday, the last Monday in January, to everyone. I hope you had a wonderful weekend and that the weather was good where you are. I also hope that you had few to none, fibro issues or pain to deal with.

It's over cast here today but not so cold. It will be kinda spring like the next few days, with strong rain storms here and there, and then back to cold again for a few days, but this week will be warm and I lke that.

Angleswife, sorry you weather will be all over the place. I hope none of it turns bad. The news people here are saying some strong storms here, maybe, so I'll be watching the sky as well this week and maybe make a trip down to the storm cellar. But sounds like you will be keeping busy indoors anyway so that's good. Rudy and I are going to be painting this week as well. He wants to paint the TV room. The TV room used to be my dining room. when the girls moved out we thought why not just have the TV in here. Works and he has his California things in there. ( I'll send you a picture when we're done. )

MiMi, sounds like Noah had a blast for his 6th birthday. Sounds like you were enjoying yourself as well and that's such a good thing when our little ones are having a birthday party.
MiMi, you may not have finished nursing school but your compassion and concern for others is a God send here. We are so blessed to have you guiding us and being comforting and supportive. Thank you so much.

And YES washing one's hands and using a sanitazer is so important right now. Thanks so much for posting on it. DH and I went to late afternoon church service yesterday and there was sanitazer at both doors as you entered the church. And I used used it as well as everyone there, going in and out.

cece, thanks so much for posting the info on the uses of cinnamon and honey. As you know I have been using hone and cinnamon for years and swear by how great it is for the body. I posted it on my wall and will be refering to it.

Have a few errrands to run today and don't like the idea of being out in the dreary weather, even if it's not cold out there.
They say sunshine tomorrow and by Wed we'll be up in the 70's. Seeing is believing... they said today would only be partly cloudy and its dark and gray out there, so again, seeing it I will believe it.

Yesterday DH and I met up with my youngest DD, her hubby and our grandchildren @ the OPRY MILLS MALL. And to my surprise she gave me belated birthday gifts. ( My birthday was on the 22ND ) One was a COACH coin purse, which is way over priced, that I had mentioned to her that I'd get when I had the extra money. It matches my purse and then she reaqched down into the COACH bag and handed me a COACH daily planner case.( My old one, not a COACH, is 13 years old. ) I knew the coin purse was way over priced that's why I had put off getting it, but when she gave me the planner, which is well over 150 dollars. I asked her why would she spend over 200 dollars on me @ the COACH store ( I love all things COACH ) and she said " She couldn't' put a price on how much she loves me and wanted to make me happy". I nearly burst out crying with pride on what a special child I have. So lucky me

Okay I guess ugly out there or not I do have to go out and get those errands done. Have a wonderful day everyone..
Gentle hugs, Linda R

fibroinsd responded:
Good Morning...thank goodness the sun is shining this morning. I felt so bad for the national golf tournament this weekend..they had terrible weather for a golf tournament. It was so nice the weekend before and they expect next weekend to be nice. I swear it is always terrible weather when the PGA tries to have the Torry Pines Tournament...but then again, I guess we don't want all of you that are freezing in the NE to be too jealous !

I thought I would try and post this page that Linda is talking about...the Cinn and Honey info..not sure if you can get to it, since it is on facebook..I got some honey and cinnamon for my dad as he wasn't feeling well this weekend. I was so mad...about a week and a half ago, dad was so ill that the doctor told him he was going to die..then when I got him on a new pill (same medicine different manufacturer)...and dad didn't die...the doctor gave him a flu shot and now he isn't feeling well...It has to be from the flu shot..I don't think he was well enough to have the flu shot..and seriously..if you are a doctor...why are you giving the flu shot to someone you just told they are going to die??? ok I will try not to get on my soapbox about how this doctor has my dad come in constantly ..and I think it is mostly because he gets paid my medicare to do it...he never really does anything for my dad...

Any..hoo...here is the Cinn. and honey website..

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=430055713727441&set=a.339664746099872.75349.339656259434054&type=1&theater
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

rudyandirmouse replied to fibroinsd's response:
@ cece: Jeez cece you'd think they'd think before giving such a sick senior the flu shot!! And most doctors say it doesn't really do that much to protect people over 65 from getting the flu anyway. Soooo jeez why did they do that?? I hope he gets to feeling better quickly and that he doesn't get any of the flus that are going around.

And yup I see the link and it's here for all to view

Honey is a food and it really is helpful to the body in so many wonderful ways. The Greeks called honey the necture of the gods for a reason.

And am so glad the weather there is nicer now. And that bad weather thing always seems to happens here as well when they have the women's spring time PGA event in Franklin, 2 cities up from me. And I too feel sorry for the ladies as they always get rained out a day or two of the tour here.

Wishing you and your family a good week and I hope that your dad is okay from this point on.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

dollbug replied to fibroinsd's response:
Diane Duran Art
Cinnamon and Honey

Drug companies won't like this one getting around. Facts on Honey and Cinnamon:
It is found that a mix of honey and Cinnamon cures most diseases. Honey is produced in most of the countries of the world. Scientists of today also note honey as very effective medicine for all kinds of diseases. Honey can be used without side effects which is also a plus.Today's science says tha...t even though honey is sweet, when it is taken in the right dosage as a medicine, it does not harm even diabetic patients. Researched by western scientists:

HEART DISEASES: Make a paste of honey and cinnamon powder, put it on toast instead of jelly and jam and eat it regularly for breakfast. It reduces the cholesterol and could potentially save one from heart attack. Also, even if you have already had an attack studies show you could be kept miles away from the next attack. Regular use of cinnamon honey strengthens the heart beat. In America and Canada, various nursing homes have treated patients successfully and have found that as one ages the arteries and veins lose their flexibility and get clogged; honey and cinnamon revitalize the arteries and the veins.

ARTHRITIS: Arthritis patients can benefit by taking one cup of hot water with two tablespoons of honey and one small teaspoon of cinnamon powder. When taken daily even chronic arthritis can be cured. In a recent research conducted at the Copenhagen University, it was found that when the doctors treated their patients with a mixture of one tablespoon Honey and half teaspoon Cinnamon powder before breakfast, they found that within a week (out of the 200 people so treated) practically 73 patients were totally relieved of pain -- and within a month, most all the patients who could not walk or move around because of arthritis now started walking without pain.

BLADDER INFECTIONS: Take two tablespoons of cinnamon powder and one teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink it. It destroys the germs in the bladder....who knew?

CHOLESTEROL: Two tablespoons of honey and three teaspoons of Cinnamon Powder mixed in 16 ounces of tea water given to a cholesterol patient was found to reduce the level of cholesterol in the blood by 10 percent within two hours. As mentioned for arthritic patients, when taken three times a day, any chronic cholesterol-could be cured. According to information received in the said Journal, pure honey taken with food daily relieves complaints of cholesterol.

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

dollbug replied to dollbug's response:
COLDS: Those suffering from common or severe colds should take one tablespoon lukewarm honey with 1/4 spoon cinnamon powder daily for three days. This process will cure most chronic cough, cold, and, clear the sinuses, and it's delicious too!

UPSET STOMACH: Honey taken with cinnamon powder cures stomach ache and also is said to clear stomach ulcers from its root.

GAS: According to the studies done in India and Japan, it is revealed that when Honey is taken with cinnamon powder the stomach is relieved of gas.

IMMUNE SYSTEM: Daily use of honey and cinnamon powder strengthens the immune system and protects the body from bacterial and viral attacks. Scientists have found that honey has various vitamins and iron in large amounts. Constant use of Honey strengthens the white blood corpuscles (where DNA is contained) to fight bacterial and viral diseases.

INDIGESTION: Cinnamon powder sprinkled on two tablespoons of honey taken before food is eaten relieves acidity and digests the heaviest of meals

INFLUENZA: A scientist in Spain has proved that honey contains a natural 'Ingredient' which kills the influenza germs and saves the patient from flu.

LONGEVITY: Tea made with honey and cinnamon powder, when taken regularly, arrests the ravages of old age. Use four teaspoons of honey, one teaspoon of cinnamon powder, and three cups of boiling water to make a tea. Drink 1/4 cup, three to four times a day. It keeps the skin fresh and soft and arrests old age. Life spans increase and even a 100 year old will start performing the chores of a 20-year-old.

RASPY OR SORE THROAT: When throat has a tickle or is raspy, take one tablespoon of honey and sip until gone. Repeat every three hours until throat is without symptoms.

PIMPLES: Three tablespoons of honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon powder paste. Apply this paste on the pimples before sleeping and wash it off the next morning with warm water. When done daily for two weeks, it removes all pimples from the root.

SKIN INFECTIONS:Applying honey and cinnamon powder in equal parts on the affected parts cures eczema, ringworm and all types of skin Infections.

WEIGHT LOSS:Daily in the morning one half hour beforebreakfast and on an empty stomach, and at night before sleeping, drink honey and cinnamon powder boiled in one cup of water. When taken regularly, it reduces the weight of even the most obese person. Also, drinking this mixture regularly does not allow the fat to accumulate in the body even though the person may eat a high calorie diet.

CANCER: Recent research in Japan and Australia has revealed that advanced cancer of the stomach and bones have been cured successfully. Patients suffering from these kinds of cancer should daily take one tablespoon of honey with one teaspoon of cinnamon powder three times a day for one month.

FATIGUE: Recent studies have shown that the sugar content of honey is more helpful rather than being detrimental to the strength of the body. Senior citizens who take honey and cinnamon powder in equal parts are more alert and flexible. Dr. Milton, who has done research, says that a half tablespoon of honey taken in a glass of water and sprinkled with cinnamon powder, even when the vitality of the body starts to decrease, when taken daily after brushing and in the afternoon at about 3:00 P.M., the vitality of the body increases within a week.

BAD BREATH: People of South America, gargle with one teaspoon of honey and cinnamon powder mixed in hot water first thing in the morning so their breath stays fresh throughout the day.

HEARING LOSS: Daily morning and night honey and cinnamon powder, taken in equal parts restores hearing.

dollbug replied to dollbug's response:
FMily.......cece provided a link in her post today but you have to have a FB account to see it.....IT IS TOO GOOD TO MISS.

So I did some copying of it and put it in 2 posts so that everyone can read it......just in case there are people here who do not have FB accounts.

Thanks cece for providing the link.

I am so sorry that you are having to deal with so much right now....I know just how hard this can be....especially since you have FM....I hope things will improve for you and your parents both.

Hang in there.

Take care.

MiMi

mnjeepguy responded:
Good afternoon everyone. I had the house to myself all day today. I have to say I was pretty lonely. I did get one of my tests done. I thought I was going to barely pass and I somehow aced it. I was pleasantly surprised.

It was warm today so I went out and banked the house. This is piling snow around it for free insulation before the next cold snap hits. My old house was only built with a partial basement, the rest is on posts. The floors get pretty cold below zero.

It's been a pretty good day. I hope yours is the same.

Cory

readytogiveup replied to dollbug's response:
local honey .(.to YOUR area) taken every day eliminates allergies also.

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
191 of 208 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.