Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sad News
debrabrooks1960 posted:
I wanted to thank everyone for their prayers for my brother that has been in ICU since December 24th. Sadly he passed away on January 23rd. Luckily my mom was with him holding his hand. She told him it was okay to go, that she would be okay. He then closed his eyes and died. I will miss him so much. He was such a good brother.

On top of my brother dying, I discovered my husband has a 33 year old girlfriend on the Internet . He is 61. They have been planning on getting married for some time. When I asked my husband why, he said I have been too sick lately. Between the knee surgery I has the first of November and the FM he felt his needs where not being met. It tore my heart out when he told me that. Since I have had a few days to get over the shock, I think I will enjoy being single again. He is moving out this weekend.

Thanks again for your prayers. Gentle hugs to all.

Debbie Brooks, soon to be Debbie Lewis
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

readytogiveup responded:
OMG! I am soo sorry to hear ALL of that. I don't really know what else to say , but I wanted you to know someone is listening and cares. Feel free to keep posting, as I'll be up and here for a LONG time... Julie

debrabrooks1960 replied to readytogiveup's response:
Thank you so much Julie. That means a lot to me.

Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

readytogiveup replied to debrabrooks1960's response:
I'm glad to be able to be here to..if nothing else, share your burden. Julie

dollbug responded:
Hello Debbie....MiMi in NC....I am so sorry for your loss...thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as well....It is sad but at least you know he is no longer in any pain. I am glad that your mother was with him. I can not even imagine what she went through....as this is NOT how it is suppose to be. A parent should never have to bury a child.

OMG...so you are grieving over the lost of your brother and your DH decides he needs a much younger girlfriend....how very selfish of him....you know I can never understand what causes people to do such as this. But there are a lot of people who seem to think that the grass is greener on the other side. So many times they get fooled as well....but I think a lot of people really never know as much as we think we do about our mates....and as time goes by...we know even less.

I have always said that this is the reason we take marriage vows....but I am not sure that everyone really listens and understands exactly what they mean.

I hope you will continue to post often and let us know how things are going for you.

Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
463 of 538 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.