Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Do I Have Fibromyalgia?
har786 posted:
Every doctor thinks I am a liar, that I am completely fine, but my infectious disease doctor thinks I have not (not his expertise ) If I list my symptoms, can anyone tell me if I have fibromyalgia (maybe coupled with another problem)? Please and thank you, it means a lot if you could help. I have an appointment with a psychiatrist and a neurologist, but it is 2 months from now and I might get kicked out of engineering college, this has been happening (the pain) for 7 years.

Pain throughout entire body Burning, stinging Joint Pain Intense pain from physical activities Eyes go off focus often Read things wrong (even if read with the utmost care repeatedly) Senstivity to cold: Feet, legs, arms Sensitivity to Heat: Eyes burn/water, body pain/discomfort increases
Extreme difficulty concentrating (mind goes blank often) Memory problems Forget what I am doing Short term memory problems Unable to retain what is read Pressure inside head Headaches Difficulty in tasting salt, sugar Tingling head, focused near bottom left of scalp arms, hands, feet and legs Hallucinations Morning and night Often see things moving, hearing voices, feeling things touching me, seeing a body moving (shadows but in the shape of a body, during daylight as well) Being pursued Loss of Balance Lack of Coordination (at times) Lose ability to move Despite mind insisting I have ability, episode dissapates Muscle Spasms Particularly at night Difficulty with speech Stuttering, finding the words to say Fatigue Anxiety prevalent in younger age, most often feel disconnected from feeling Difficulty standing in place too long Pain results in waking up at night Wake up with intense pain (often) Subsides within an hour Quick Reaction to medication Heart Fast Heart beat from miniscule tasks Stinging (Common) Urinary frequency Involuntary body movements

Survivor2007 responded:
Saw both of your posts....wow, you have a lot going on. I am new to this...just diagnosed a few weeks ago. I would agree that a lot of your symptoms sound like fibro, but not all of them. Hallucinations, stuttering, urinary issues, taste changes and involuntary body movements are not symptoms I have seen anywhere in my research. I would definately consult as many docs as it takes to find out what is going on.....and definately keep that appt with the psych. Do all you can to take care of yourself.

Anon_57995 responded:
Lots of the symptoms seem consistent with fibro, but the ones listed, taken right from your narrative, really seem like psych issues. I hope that you'll discuss these with the psch.

Hallucinations Morning and night
Often see things moving,
hearing voices,
feeling things touching me,
seeing a body moving (shadows but in the shape of a body, during daylight as well)
Being pursued

Lose ability to move Despite mind insisting I have ability,
Stuttering,
most often feel disconnected from feeling,
Involuntary body movements

har786 replied to Survivor2007's response:
yeah sorry about that, i agree that psych problems are related, there was some problem with posting my topic, if you check the one below this ( http://forums.webmd.com/3/fibromyalgia-exchange/forum/23577 ), with no replies it has a better formatting (the way i posted it came out different for some reason in this one, still new to this board).

har786 replied to Anon_57995's response:
Yeah I agree, i believe it started out as fibro and resulted in my psychological problems, seeing as how most often I was told there was no problem with me (for the pain) and i let it slide thinking everything was normal and the pain ruined my sleep and etc. If you would be so kind as to look at the info in this link, it is my topic a few below this, it has better format and some extra info, I really really appreciate the help!
http://forums.webmd.com/3/fibromyalgia-exchange/forum/23577

Anon_57995 replied to har786's response:
Hi friend.
You really are coping with so much! I have so much respect and compassion for you.
I don't write much, but I read the board a few times a week.
I hope you'll get the answers soon and hoping that you'll be able to get better. My girlfriend posts on another board and I read the fibro. I was diagnosed about 5 yr ago and am doing really well with it. I think that I have it less than others.
I did read the link you posted.
You write very well and seem to express yourself very clearly.

I hope to see you again.

har786 replied to Anon_57995's response:
Thank you, the way I look at it is there is always someone suffering more than me, and they might be fighting through it successfully (hopefully), then why not me? I am very sorry to hear you were diagnosed, but I am glad to hear you are coping with it succesfully!

har786 responded:
if anyone has more information hey can provide i would be very grateful

please refer to this post for better formatting

http://forums.webmd.com/3/fibromyalgia-exchange/forum/23573

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
460 of 535 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.