Skip to content
Tuesday ****1/29/2013****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...where we are having the weird weather yet again....OMG...do not even know about what is going on...it is really foggy today...but it is supposed to get to the 60*s...really?? The temps are all over the place...and it is wintertime still...one has to wonder why is this going on?

OK...I guess there are other places as well having this kind of weather too. Not exactly good for the mind or the body.
But regardless we have to deal with whatever comes our way, since we do not have a choice in the situation.

I am going to have to break down and buy a new tv...so it looks like. We have one which take forever in a day for it to come on...do not know exactly what is going on with it. I can turn on the switch and it just continues to click on and off itself, without any picture. It is really annoying. So we are looking at tvs and there are so many choices. Last night the sales person asked if we wanted a *dumb one or a smart one*...I told him I had enough *dumb* at home. Never heard of this phrase. Oh, I do know what the *smart tv* is, but really a dumb one?

Here is hoping you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all.

Cece...ok...I am now here to say...do NOT drink the cinn and honey drink at night, before bedtime...it is not a good thing. I will now start this in the mornings from now own. Yes...I am going to try this and see where it leads me...can't hurt, can it?
I will see. So many good things that it might do. I could NOT believe the list which indicated cinn and honey is good for. I know this is really a very old thing. I know that you told us about this a very long time ago. So tell me if you tried this and are you still drinking this? Has it helped?

Welcome to the new members who have joined this unique FM support group. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process...which takes time and effort. There are no quick fixes that I am aware of. I think we all would like something that works like *yesterday*...but that is not the case. Anything and everything takes time. You should allow at least 6-8 weeks of whatever you decide to do before making a decision as to whether or not it is helping you cope better.

Vitamin D...be sure and get your Vitamin D level checked...low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

That's all folks.

May the sun shine where you are today and may we all enjoy it.

Hug your grandchildren if you have the chance to.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

mnjeepguy responded:
Mimi, smart tv's let you connect it to the internet withought a game system or other external device to do things like watching Netflix. If you don't need that and it's more money, pass on it. A dumb tv is just your typical tv.

It is right at freezing here and the roads are icey. They did not cancel school for this or my wife's work 30 miles away. I am glad she is in a Subaru. The weather certainly is crazy the se days. It will only get worse over time.

I woke this morning with numb index fingers and surrounding areas. I had this happen a couple weeks ago and it passed shortly after waking. Today I woke at 6 and it is still here 2 hrs later. amy research has shown possible pinched median nerve. I hope it cures itself. I have had issues with dexterity and grip for years so I am not very optimistic.

I have to work on my schoolwork again today. I am making good headway now and can see the end. I cannot wait to be done with this long trek. It feels good to almost be done.

Coffee time is done and I have to make breakfast and get the day going. I hope you all have a great day. Take care everyone.

Cory

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Tuesday morning MiMi, Cory and all that will follow.
I hope that everyone had a good yesterday and that your today is even better.

Cory, Thanks for the FYI on TV's. DH and I are going to replace our TV room flat screen sometime within the next few months. I am amazed at the kinds and types of TV's out there now.. cheap to over priced and they all have a " hook " to get you to want it. LOL DH and I want a 3D, 55" TV so I guess we'll start our search in that range. .

MiMi, you are so right about the weather. Nothing you can do but go with it. But today I am not looking forward to our weather. It's over cast now with light rain on and off. ( That I can deal with, ) And by mid day it will be in the 70's. Sounds nice until you hear that bad news about the strong storms that will roll thru here after midnight. They are saying winds gusts up to 70 miles an hour, straight line winds and tornados are more than likely imbedded in the stroms. Spending the night in our cramped storm cellar isn't going to be any fun. And bad storms like the ones coming at us from west, hitting at night are the worest kind. I'm worried. :-0

Well I didn't get a single errand done yesterday as I had planned. Got busy taking things off the walls in the TV room, repairing things, doing the wash, etc. So today I really do have to go out and run those errands. So will make this post a short one.

Heres wishing everyone a good day... one that has little to NO fibro isuues or pain.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

Teelady1 responded:
Happy Tuesday! Hello to Mimi, Cory, LIndaR and all to follow!

Strange weather indeed! It's going to be in the 60s her in No IL! Is it really January? Over the weekend I was talking to someone who said their daffodils were startinng to peek out of the ground!

I hope I'm not going to jinx myself - but I've actually been feeling pretty well lately. I'm getting some good sleep - and I know that has been helping.

A goal of mine for 2013 has been to increase my exercise! Both primary Dr and Rheumy are always reminding me about exercise as part of my treatment for FM. About 3 weeks ago I have started a DVD workout program to learn tai chi. I have always heard that tai chi is very good and could help with pain. I'm taking it slow - but I am getting some activity now 6 days a week. I do believe I am getting some benefit from it.

Wishing everyone a no or less pain day - and good sleep tonight!

mnjeepguy responded:
Well, I went out to get dome sun and pick agates at the lake. That lasted about 10 minutes before I wrecked my back. I am back on the couch with flexeril.

Tealady, keep it up. It hurts to move but we hurt more if we don't. Just don't push too hard. I need to get back into my yoga. That helped me a bit.

Take carew everyone,

Cory

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Hi all... Just thinking about life has me so stressed my meditation feels like irritation... and life is not flowing like it should be......

Everywhere I look I feel pressure... My X-DIL left a big impression last night and it wasn't a good one... I wrote a message about what happened so I won't go into it a lot... But along with making me look bad saying I am the reason she isn't here with her husband and children... And I am trying to take her place... Now my grandson has come home from school to tell me that she says I am an evil witch and they are to stay away from me...

One of the last things I said in my message was that I will not allow anyone to come between my grandchildren and son... Especially her...

But now my heart breaks for my grandchildren for they have me to trust and I have been here to care for them for almost 4 years... While she ran in and out of their lives 4 times... And was very inconsistent... Now they fear and doubt me... Is that how you treat a 4 and 5 yr old you love...

I am going to go and search for a Dallas Cowboy pin for my grandson... Promised him and of course he remembered and I couldn't remember what I promised lol...

Take care all... Love... Jan/Dakota

fibroinsd responded:
Thanks for the warning on the cinn./honey at night...I will remember that..I quit using the cinn/ honey..I think it was just one of those things that you have a habit of using for awhile, and then for some unknown reason you get out of the habit.. I don't remember having a big difference..but like you said..it didn't hurt..I probably quit about the time I started medifast...but I do think I will get some more and do it again..It was a good warm drink..but like that note said...you can even make cinnamon toast with it..

I called today about getting a special ed certificate to go with my teaching credential..looks like it could be do-able...would take a year, but then I could probably get a job in special ed at least...

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
370 of 397 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.