Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hump Day ****1/30/2013 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...well....we are about at the end of the first month of 2013****interesting time of the year. People are getting ready to do their taxes and hopefully get some money back....IF they can find the money somewhere to send back to those who are owed. I guess everyone got a nice surprise this month on payday when taxes took another 2 % of your earned income. It is sad when the majority of people are barely getting by to begin with and then this happens. And NC is now trying to cut back the unemployment check amount as well. One would think that they were worry more about trying to find jobs for people to go back to work.

Strange kind of weather we are getting right now....it was in the 70*s yesterday and will be there today as well....OMG..and then it is going to drop back to the 40* the rest of the week....I guess there are lots of areas which are having this kind of weather.

Noah got his glasses and he is so cute wearing them. He told me he can see better. I am so happy that the screening at playschool was done and his eye problems were caught. When he was a baby he use to stay right in front of the tv and I wondered why he would do this. Well, now I know. He could see better being close to it.

He is such a sweet little boy. He reminds me so much of his daddy. And even more so now that he has glasses. His dad also wore glasses but not this young.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FMily....I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process which does take time and effort. So hang in here with us....I am sure that you will find lots of good *tools and tips* that you can try.
We are all different and what works for one may or may not work for you. Only you will know when you have found the right combination of things that will work for you.

Learning how to pace is a good start....and so very important....having a good doctor who understands FM is a must. Some of the things that has helped me is drinking a lot of water...(this is all I drink)....watching what I eat....staying on a schedule of sorts, doing gentle exercises or stretches each day. We all need to move....so get up and about. I have also found that a heating pad does wonders for me when I am having a rough day or using the stopain spray which is *good stuff*.
Taking a hot shower at night using lavender bath salts in a stopped up drain helps to relax my body so that I can sleep better. Sleep and enough of it is so important for us FMers....and keeping the stress level as low as possible is also a must. (this is a hard one for me).

Do your own research about the wrath of the dragon. The more you know that better you will cope.

Vitamin D....be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level....which is so important to a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good day.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!
It's been a busy week so far. I've been slowly getting the kitchen painted. I deep clean each section as I do it, so it takes longer; but I'm not pushing myself either. I have until spring to get it all done.

My ankle issues have been off the charts, thanks to all the crazy weather. Even my toes are stiff and swollen. It actually hurts more to wear the brace, so I've been going without it. I'm hoping things will settle down after all this weather passes through. I didn't get much sleep last night because my ankle was yelling so loud.

Two days ago we had snow and ice; then it was raw and drizzly yesterday. Today it's foggy and warmer; but we have flood watches and high wind watches up for tonight. We're supposed to get several inches of rain, 60-plus mph wind gusts, and thunderstorms. Then tomorrow it will fall back into the 30s; and by Friday it will be in the 20s for highs with single digits at night. I will be SO glad when spring comes!

I am housebound this morning, and am trying to decide which wall I want to paint next (do I even want to?). Husband had to take my van to work so he could pick up a substitute work van. He ran over something sharp on his way home from dropping his student off last night; and his regular work van is now sitting in the yard with a flat tire. He tried filling it himself last night, but the air came out as fast as he put it in. So it's parked here until the company figures out how they want to have it fixed.

I have given up making plans for the week, because every time I've tried everything has gone to hell. It's one of those weeks where nothing comes together. I've been trying to get the laundry done since Monday (hasn't happened yet!); and now I can't fit it in anywhere. I put it on tomorrow's calendar, then remembered I have a meeting; so I changed it to Saturday. Then I remembered I have to bake a ton of cookies Saturday for Sunday's Super Bowl party at the Legion. Husband, bless his heart, "volunteered" my services as a baker. SO the laundry is of again. I have no idea when it will actually get done. Today would have been perfect, but I don't have a van, so today is out too. What do they say about the best-laid plans?

If I can keep this flare under control, I may get some more painting done. I don't feel like sitting around on such a gray morning. The question is, how much can I do without crossing that line? I guess I'm going to find out.

mnjeepguy responded:
Good morning.
I am having a rough start today. Luckily I don't have a lot to do before work tonight. It is going to be a battle to get through this with my back all screwed up. I don't realy have the option not to work, so hopefully it goes well. We do not get sick days. If we are out for more than two we need a Dr. note to get back. It is a silly system that they have. It protects the company but not the employee.

I slept alright. I woke a few times to try and get comfortable. I am fortunate that my bed is decent enough that I can sleep. I will have to nap to prepare for tonight's fun.

I am on the couch finishing my coffee and getting some hound therapy. My Basset Buster is cuddled up with me. My animals always make me feel better.

We managed to get our taxes done on Friday. We are getting a little back from federal and paying into state. We still come out ahead. I see many people struggle to make ends meet then they get thousands back. It is smart to set your witholding so you are loaning too much to the goverment, and letting you keep more of your hard earned cash every payday.

We say almost 40 yeaterday. Today is supposed to be in the teens, high of -5 on Friday. It is supposed to onlly last a few days and warm back up.

I hope you all have a great day!

Cory

angelswife replied to angelswife's response:
I completely forgot to mention---my middle GD has gone in for surgery this morning. She had one operation on her knee last summer and now she's having one on her wrist. She's only 13---I'm sure it will go well but I still worry. I would appreciate any prayers sent her way.

I have also suddenly started a sore throat, and I'm hacking! I didn't have this when I got up. It blew in out of nowhere and now I'm having chills. I'm re-thinking my painting plans and making myself some tea instead. Guess I'd better tell Husband to keep his distance.

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good middle of the week, last middle of the week for January. I hope day is a good one and is going well so far. IA also hope that your today has started out well and that you are not dealing with fibro issues or pain.

Well last night was a busy weather night and sadly a killer night as well. The pictures on the news are showing how bad it all was. It went from top to bottom of our state. Seems to have been bad everywhere. They are saying a couple of E3 torandos. Two sat down near us.. but we didn't get any damage in our city, so far. One man in a city farther up from where we live has been killed when a large tree fell on the shed he was sleeping in. The storm roared thru here last night with bursts of winds exceeding 80 miles an hour. The rain was coming in sheets you couldn't see thru. UGH a really bad 2 hours. But it's gone now and some sun here and there thru the clouds and the weather is heading east. I hope it doesn't cause any damage there.

Now we wait for the cold that is heading our way. They say we could even get snow flakes Thursday and Friday. UGH. MiMi said it right when she said it sure is wackly weather! And I have to go out today to get my bi yearly dental cleaning. After last night I'd rather just stay in.

angeslwife, I sure hope you are feeling better by tomorrow and that what's bothering you is just a passing thing. Rest and feel well. Am sending gentle <<< HUGS >>> to you.

cory, congrats on getting the taxes done and coming out better than even. This year we seem to be doing okay with only paying 1/3 RD of what we did last year. For us, with no deductions, we're happy with that. Hope your back feels better soon.

I guess I should get up and get moving as my dental appointment is just an hour away.

Here's wishing each of you a nice day..
Gentle hugs to all, Linda R

katmandulou responded:
Middle of the week, and almost February! It's warm - in the 50s - but we'll be back in the cold before we know what hits us.

And I'm not having the best week. I haven't slept well in a couple of weeks, I just drag myself around, and I hate it. Still begging for work, I have more resumes out there than I ever have in the past. So tired....

Went to the podiatrist yesterday, I should have checked the new orthotics in different shoes instead of writing them off. It cost me $30 for my stupidity.

Today I started at the rheumy. He's concerned about my sleeplessness, and faxed in a prescription for something that begins with a z - it's $35 for one month! Can't afford that, so I'm shopping around. DH will have a fit ("we'll get reimbursed from the spending account...") but I hate wasting any more money.

This afternoon I had the ultrasound for the "fullness" they gyno felt last week. The tech said my ovaries were good, the right size and everything. It's probably from the surgery, and we'll leave it at that.

THEN I went to the back to make a deposit, and two people in front of me told the one teller working "I have a deposit, but I don't know the account number." WHAT????

UGH! Gonna surf the web, then "go home" (I can see the sofa from here!) and knit more. My littlest nephew turns two today - I hope to see him in his Auntie Lou-made sweater this weekend!

Have the best day you possibly can,
Lou

Anon_10089 replied to katmandulou's response:
Hi, Lou-

Is your new prescription zolpidem? If so, that's the name of Ambien. I understand not wanting another monthly cost. I take melatonin sometimes with benedryl to get to sleep. I take 9-12 mgs of the melatonin, so it's definitely more than one pill! However, it's pretty cheap.

You really can't put a price on sleep though. Maybe you'd only need a few pill of that prescription per month--just to get you back into a good pattern.

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
188 of 205 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.