Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Bad Day
DublinGirl posted:
Oh, I'm having a bad Fibro day today. I'm tired, I'm sore, my concentration is deplorable. I'm just fed up with it all. Not even the Sertoline is helping today. There's something unfair about being so low when you're on anti-depressants.

Is it just me or are mornings hellish? I have to drag myself up out of bed I'm so tired, but no matter how early I get to bed at night, I can't sleep until way after midnight some times.

I'm fed up feeling fed up. And I'm fed up that no one around me really understands it and I'm fed up having to explain all the pains and why I'm so pale again and why I look in pain. And I'm super fed up with having to listen to all the advice from people who's friend's aunt's cousin, three times removed has Firbromyalgia and this amazing "cure" works for them. I'm fed up smelling of tiger balm and deep heat and having people sniff me because they love the smell or comment that the catering team must have something spicy on the menu. No, it's just me.

I'm fed up trying to hide it in work incase it's seen as a sign of weakness. Say what you want, but there's still predjuice there in some people's minds.

I'm fed up watching other people who can walk and it not hurt, I remember what that feels like.

Let me mention that I'm just fed up today. Today is just a bad, feeling sorry for myself kinda day. Tomorrow may be better. So although I'm having a good old fashioned rant right now, it's because I feel safe doing it here, where people get it and even if no one replies, I know there are plenty who will nod their heads in understanding and sympathy and say, yep, I've been there.

I've been worse, but I've been better. I'm in that no-mans land of Blah right now. But like all things, this too will pass. And as Scarlett said, Tomorrow is another (bloody) day.

DublinGirl replied to landaise28's response:
Really? It saved your life? Really? After the fortune and pain and suffering millions of FM sufferers have had, this one little book will save us all will it. Wow, you should advertise it and recommend some translation software...oh, you did. Why do you sound like a scam?

I'm having a bad day Landaise28 and I don't need to hear stuff like that. It's the exact same type of rubbish I've just been complaining about, magic cures.

Not to burst your bubble, but I've had that couple of years of being free from pain since my dx and it was bliss, until some so&so crashed into my car and the stress set it off again multiplied by 10. So your little spate of freedom may just be co-incidental but enjoy and thanks for rubbing salt in my wounds today. Just what I needed.

By the way, check your spelling and grammer you read like a bad advert. But if you're genuine, then learn a bit of compassion will you?

That's the last time I vent on this site.

An_249441 replied to DublinGirl's response:
Hey Dublin Girl, Well of course that was just a spammer. It's been reported. Not sure if you know but WebMD dropped their human moderators a few weeks ago, so now we get the privilege of having these jackrabbits show up sometimes.

Please just ignore it because the rest of us normal people. Come on back and vent, it's sad to hear that you were doing so well until a car accident.

dollbug replied to landaise28's response:
WOW*****one book really *saved your life*....and you now no longer have FM????????? This is one of those things when a person reads something that is TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.....well, I guess you have won today's prize....

MiMi in NC...there are a couple of things this may or may not be.....either you NEVER had FM...or you are trying to endorse a book for someone.

I think we all know that there is NO CURE for the wrath of the dragon, aka FM......

Good try though.

Sorry it did not work here. I think we, FMers, are smarter than this.

Dr. P was on board for a while and he had FM and even studied it....I think he would have been aware of *any sort of cure*....had there been one to exist.

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

katmandulou replied to DublinGirl's response:
Oh DublinGirl, please don't paint us all with the same brush. That post is a spammer; it has been reported and should be deleted soon. This person has been doing it a lot, and other posts seem to be in French.

I know exactly how you feel. My FN (dx'ed in 2005 after a car crash) went crazy last week in the bitter cold that invaded New England. As a result, I've been in such a foul mood (and my business has failed, let's not go there right now) that I'm even snapping at the dog. Woman bites dog, right? haha

Let me suggest a good site on the web. Of course, you've checked out the resources in the right-hand column. Also check out http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/ . There are some good tips for us, and you have to check out The Spoon Theory - it will help people understand what it's like to be in your body.

Have your doc check you for Vitamin D deficiency. Sounds simple, but we who live in the northern hemisphere are usually lacking in D.

Have the best day you can possibly have, and I hope to "see" you again soon,
Lou

DublinGirl replied to katmandulou's response:
Thank you all for your support, I wasn't in the right place to read a mail like that as you can imagine and obviously not clear headed enought to recognise it for what it was. All your subsequent posts have really helped, thank you.

As you all know, there's good and bad days and that was a bad one, but thankfully I'm in a much better place now less likely to snap someone in half. Thanks for the moral support, that was just what I needed. A problem shared and all that...

Thanks Lou and Mimi xx

booch007 replied to DublinGirl's response:
It is funny to read this and the SPAM is missing so the rest of the conversations don't go....like no one answered you.

Dublin...you just rant away, we have all been in the hole at one time and it is true..no matter how good you got yourself to when you went to bed...mornings are rough.

Try and look into a memory foam topper for the bed, it was the best thing I learned whe i joined the board (foreverago).

I now have 6" to hug into....got the last on Overstock.com. I have to say it stops the tender spots from waking me and making me toss all night. That plus my muscle relaxant was a gift of a few nights sleep to reset my body. A good turn around.

I hear so often a fix that will help and now that i am on theis path over 15 years I just say thanks so much...and go on my merry way ! It will happen for you too.

We share so much here, but our paths are just a bit different. In that difference when shared with eachother, can make all the difference. I hope things get better for you. Hope today is a good day for sure.....

Look for that "luck of the Irish"............Nancy B

Member Toolbox
http://forums.webmd.com/.f0324a2?@guest@

Try looking in the toolbox for more tricks. nan

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
360 of 387 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.