Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sunday *****2/3/2013*****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...where it is too darn early for anyone to be up....but I was blessed to wake up this morning at this time...and then just as I was going to try to lie back down....Harley woke up as well...so here we are...I plan to let her stay up for a bit and then put her back in her pen so that I can rest some more. I have been extremely sick...with congestion, cold and cough...OMG..my entire upper body is so very sore from where I have been coughing and nothing seems to help this. Not a good thing for the mind or the body.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest...and are still sleeping...I do understand just how important sleep is to all of us..but then when you can't, there is very little you can do about this.

It is really cold here again. Perhaps this is part of the reason I have caught cold again...the temps varying so much...never know from one day to the next what it is going to be. I am ready for springtime myself...as I think it has been predicted that we will have an early one. It will probably be lots of insects around as well since it really has not been cold enough to kill them off this year. That is not a good thing either.

Welcome to the new members who have joined this unique FM support group recenlty...I am sure that you will find something that will help you cope better...anything and everything related to the wrath of the dragon takes time and effort...but soon you will be able to *feel* a difference...and this is what counts.

I do suggest that you do your own research and learn all you can about FM and just how it works/or not....it is a mean and ugly illness and it does take a trial and error process to find the right combination of *tools and tips* that might work for you.

You will find some good info on this site under *tips* and *resources*.

Vitamin D...is what I promote the most...it is important that you speak to your doctor about getting the Vitamin D level checked...it is a simple blood test....but you MUST ASK the doctor to run it as it is NOT included in the normal bloodwork that the doctors do. The best thing is that it is a cheap fix. It might take a while to get your level within the normal range but your body will certainly appreciate this.

Here is hoping everyone will have a good Sunday. Well, I think it is actually Super Sunday too. 2 coaches who are brothers will be going at it ....which ought to be quite interesting. May the best team win.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it....hoping I will feel better soon....

Remember to hug your children and grandchildren each and every time you can.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi---I hope you feel better soon too!

Husband and I are a pair this morning---he hurt his hip and lower back and he can barely walk; I've got the "visitor" (early!!), a migraine and a flare. He isn't walking well enough to go to church; and I hurt at the thought of going out into the cold to clear snow off the van. So no church for us.

One of the choir members called. She was all perky and bubbly despite having RA and going through radiation; and she was checking to make sure I'd be there. When I said I wasn't coming, she expressed her disapproval in an understated way ("We were kind of counting on you to be there so we would sound even better."). I didn't bother telling her I wasn't feeling well. I just said Husband wasn't and I left it at that. There is no sense trying to explain myself and no reason why I should have to. I'm taking care of me today, and if she doesn't like it, tough beans..

That said, I'm lying down for a while. Husband is parked on a heating pad, and I'm going to stuff my banging head under a pillow. Hope everyone has a good day!

booch007 responded:
Good morning Fmily,

What a hard time I had to get to this site today! 4 attempt to get in! If I have this issue all the time it would only be love sliding me through the door.

Today I hurt...getting ready for the BIG Super Bowl Party.

I am rooting for the underdog..Ravens! We will see.

Franfurter truck in the dining room, pulled pork sliders, buffalo wings pizza, sausage bread,dips of every kind...It is great to own a deli for this sport. I don't cook for this either, I just set up...and decorate. This is my husbands holiday!

I am closing on the refinance we started before* the hurricane on Monday and then going to look at a house for my son in Conn. It is beautiful..the taxes are so* much lower then NY and I live so close to the line....Fingers crossed on the hopes that he can get this house....

Speaking of Conn. You are all aware of Caprese being in the hospital and now being in ICU with intubation on a ventilator. I know they have her sedated during this time and it is best for her (let her dream) She is septic (infected) as I can gather from talking with Pat our old sister from here.

Some here don't know either of these but some do. Please send out a prayer for her....her family is just arriving to be with her. She carries alot in her life as most of us do. Penny is starting a "mail her a card" If you want to show her family how the FM community supports eachother....her name is Caprese Dorman and she is at Connecticut University hospital in Hartford Connecticut. At present,place Attention ICU. It willblow that family out of the water to SEE that this is real and we care about eachother.

Thanks so much ahead of time if you join in with a small card.

OK, counting my blessings today and hoping you have many too. Mimi I hope you get to rest again today (dang dogs!). And Sharon...11* here and I have snow that needs to be shoveled. CRAP. I hope DH and you enjoy the day. Give DH some of your tools....bet he'll feel better. Heat, stretch a *massage.....and rest. Good stuff.

OK, off to meet the day.......Hugs to all, Nancy B

angelswife replied to booch007's response:
The address is:
Caprese Dorman
UCONN Health Center
263 Farmington Ave.
Farmington, CT 06030

booch007 responded:
Thank you Sharon....I was just coming back to straighten that out. I googled it and then had to call them for the zip code! But that is right and I am sorry for the bad info first.

Just writing mine out now. Hugs, Nancy B

angelswife replied to booch007's response:
Got word this morning that Caprese has had a stroke. Hoping it's not serious. She is still on a ventilator. Please continue to keep her in your prayers.

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
460 of 535 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.