Skip to content
In Trouble
booch007 posted:
Oh I am suffering now....

I ate foods I NEVER eat...pulled pork I think is what got me. It is 4:30 in the morning and I just had a reflux event in my sleep...IT WOKE ME CHOKING....

I ran to the med box for Gaviscon and couldn't find it at frirst, I grabbed Pepcid tablets and sucked on them....then I swallowed Prevacid....and drank water (which made it worse.) The whole esophogus and ring to the lungs are burning from the spice and I can feel the grease as well..... I am burping like crazy.

I made warm tea (decaf) and now the gaviscon repeatedly.....

I am in trouble, I am waiting for the wheezing from the gastric burn on the ring of my lungs.......(DH IS SLEEPING THROUGH ALL THIS!!)

Starting the pressure to the chest and to the back...........OMG I haven't had this since I left Gluten...I ate so many things I never eat yesterday. I am so ashamed of my mistake here....I know better...

This is a big one.

It is about 30 minutes since this started and no wheezing and I have a voice, but crap I am going to sit in the recliner for the rest of the time and try to sleep............... Lesson learned. .

Nancy B

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Dearest Nancy... Oh I do know how you feel... Only so well... I am so sorry you are going thru this... I was dumb and braved and ate some pork last night... et about the same results... Probably a little less severe... Had me up most of the night... But yours sounds worse...

I do hope you find great relief fast... I have some powerful meds that I take daily for it so I eventually find some... Actually the meds are for speeding up my digestion and that takes care of a lot of most of it....

Here I am rattling on when you need to rest... Take care love...

Love... Jan/Dakota

dollbug responded:
Hello Nana B....temptation is not a good thing....as is good food that we know we should not eat...sorry that you had a bad experience...I hope you will feel better today.

Partying is fun as long as we do not overdo or eat something we know we shouldn't...I know it is hard when everyone else is eating and enjoying the food.

I think we all go through this kind of thing every now and then and yes, we all know better.

Remember to rest and pace today.

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

booch007 replied to dollbug's response:
Doing so much better and will repeat the prevacid tonight and for few days. I can't take a god deep breath or it tickles that ring area and I have to cough..........

SO STUPID.....(stupid is as stupid does...right? Isn't that what Forest Gump said!)

Never again.Nancy B

xperky replied to booch007's response:
I hate when that happens! I have found immediate relief from Tums and sore throat strips that dissolve on the back of the tongue to numb the tickle. That and a raised head, like your recliner, or my multi-pillows. Scary and unpleasant, for sure.

I have a small hiatyl hernia and am avoiding surgery on it, but some day I might go there. Glad you are feeling better.
With Compassion,
Margaret

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
467 of 542 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.