Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday ****Monday ****2/4/2013****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily...MiMi in NC...where it is chilly at 30* this morning...I took some Nyquil last night and slept really good. I was talking to my daughter and she was telling me that sudufed is what she takes...so DH went and got me some and I have taken 2 doses of a 12 hr....my first dose in just a couple of hours I felt so much better...could not even believe the difference. I had been coughing so much that my stomach and rib area is so sore. I thought I had the flu again...I have now stopped coughing so much. I have no idea where I picked up this mess.

So....did you watch the Super Bowl and did your team win? I watched the very last few minutes of it...that's it...I am not a football fan. I was a cheerleader in school and still do not understand or even like the sport...I do like some sports but this is not one of them. I do think it was quite interesting that the coaches were brothers...I am sure that this will be a fond topic of their family for many years to come. I was reading some things about the brothers...one has had a really good life....I think it was referenced as having a silver spoon and the other one was the opposite, having to work for what he has. I did find this quite interesting.

OK....so I hope each and every one had a good week-end...with lots of rest and I hope you were free of the wrath of the dragon, aka FM...I hope it did not take over your week-end.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group...I am sure you will find lots of good info here...and something that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process, unless you are really lucky. There is something that will help you cope you just have to find it.

Vitamin D....this is my favorite tip....be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level which is so very important to a lot of people these days...low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

I hope today will be a good day for us all.

Stay warm and stay safe.

That's it.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!
I am finally feeling somewhat human this morning, after three days of hard flaring and a migraine. My usual "visitor" had been looming since Friday and my body went into total revolt. Things finally started last night, thank goodness. Today I am exhausted but hurting less; the migraine is finally gone and the flare is starting to moderate. I am very glad the worst is over!

But oh, what a day yesterday was! I had the flare and migraine; and Husband was dealing with back and hip pain. We were both creeping around like we were in our 90s. Nothing I did would settle things down, and I was finally reduced to lying down and staying perfectly still. It helped a little, but I was just miserable.

Then the bad news came...Mom called late in the afternoon to tell me my aunt was in the ICU with congestive heart failure. She went in by ambulance four days ago. She is on a respirator; her kidneys are failing; half her heart is enlarged; and her entire body is full of fluid. They have tried weaning her off the respirator several times, but her CO2 levels get too high. My cousin (her daughter) said yesterday that even if they wean her off the respirator, they still don't know how much time she has left. She is in really tough shape.

It's a little scary---my aunt is in her late 50s. A lot of folks on dad's side have died early due to heart problems. (I have a heart murmur and a damaged valve myself.) But my aunt, perhaps due to mental issues, never took care of herself, ate poorly and smoked like a chimney. She never once visited a doctor or a dentist, and most of her teeth had rotted away. I eat well and don't smoke or drink.

I guess her ankles swelled up months ago but she ignored it. From what I heard over the years, she refused to leave the house for any reason. When they finally took her in four days ago her entire body was swelled up and she could no longer breathe on her own. She still can't, and the long-term prognosis isn't good. I will be taking mom to see her tomorrow.

Although I haven't seen her in years, I'm still feeling sad. She represents a lot of unfinished history, in my life as well as with the family's. I saw her all the time as a child until she abruptly cut off all contact and refused to allow her daughter to see any of us. She supposedly never said why; but given the family's long abusive history, I suspect she caught someone with her daughter. Her daughter and I were close then, and I missed her terribly. I'm glad we were able to reconnect as adults; but a huge chunk of both our lives was lost as a result of her mom's actions. Those are years we can never get back.

Well---before I deteriorate into moaning about what might have been, I'm going to shut up, lol. I'm overdue for breakfast and need to make something to eat. Hope everyone has a good day!

booch007 responded:
Good morning all,

I got a nap since the early morning dilemma. CRAP what a way to start a day.

Mimi it is 20's here but the sun is warm through the windows.
Not anything planned for today...survive I think. All is cleaned up, what a mess..many spills and disasters with kids being here...I just stayed in my chair and let everyong fester away with it all. NO WINNERS in the house . Just deli customers and glad two staff members won good money......

It puts a dampening on the party when NO ONE WINS*

I am glad to hear you are feeling better...hopes that it continues.

Sharon, OMG so much with you two.....and now this poor aunt, it doesn't sound good and you are right, not taking care of herself is what makes it so much harder...some come in and the kidneys are already gone due to lack of care. She is my age, I just can't believe the shame to this.

My heart goes out to you, it is hard to see someone not care for themselves.....they can turn it around if they are good but it will be a long course and $$$ to the hospital. Having COPD and getting intubated is a challenge but not forever, I hope they trach her...(tube to the throat) it is so much more comfortable for her and it helps actually to wean them.....they will eventually get to a collar and can be done. It also depends on how bad that heart fuction is. Sounds like right sided heart failure. stemming from lung hypertention from the COPD.

My (((hugs))) to you. Take care of yourself and DH .

Nancy B

katmandulou responded:
Hi ALl!

Cold here in New England too. I really can't take so much cold and dry weather. My joints hurt, my skin is cracked, and it's not good when I'm bleeding on my knitting.

Football, thank god it's over! I really dislike football (like MiMi) I don't know how they call it a sport when the only reason to "play" it is to hurt each other. The ads were great (my have was the Budweiser ad with the guy and the horse), and the half-time show was awesome (Beyonce is a good entertainer). DH made meatballs and we had a good dinner.

My flare is over, the muscle relaxers helped me sleep, even tho I had to take two pills - 8mg! total I told the doc I hate that Tylenol does;'t help, and Motrin or Advil are bad for my liver. He gave me the 'scrip for both pain and sleep. DH said I got a little frisky the first night, then rolled over. LOL!

Angelswife, how sad about your aunt. It hurts when our "adults" (parents and aunts and uncles) decide not to speak with others in the family. My sibs and I are getting reacquainted with cousins we haven't seen in 30 years. Even those among us who don't take care of themselves (smoking, drinking, etc) should have someone who cares about them.

Still looking for work, and there's not much out there. I'm looking into teaching knitting again. Maybe some classes during school vacation week will work this time. we'll see.

I wish you all the best day you can possibly have,
Lou

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
365 of 392 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.