Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
healthful benefits of molasses???
fibroinsd posted:
So, something came up in conversation this week about molasses and it got me to wondering what the benefits of molasses are. I don't remember anyone drinking molasses for years...so naturally, I googled it.

http://www.organic-sugar.com/what-are-the-health-benefits-of-organic-molasses/

and it says stuff like helps chronic fatigue, arthritis..etc..and I figured it would be great to try it..but I somehow can't get myself to try it..It just doesn't sound good..

any thoughts ..ideas

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

dollbug responded:
Hello cece....I have been on the honey and cinn kick now for a couple of weeks...I make a hot drink in the morning and I also put it on my oatmeal....

I never had a taste for molasses though....never did like it...I guess I have doubts about anything which says it is a *cure* for something...as I think we all know that a cure for most of the health issues is not likely.

I hope things get better for you...you know being a caregiver is really a very stressful job. I hope you will take time to take care of you...which you know is important.

I think that when spring arrives perhaps we will all feel better...at least I am hoping it will help.

It seems like it is just one big cycle of things to deal with. I know though that it could indeed be so much worse. I have to remind my older son of this all the time...as he worries about his daughter and her well being.

Take care and I hope you will feel better soon.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

fibroinsd replied to dollbug's response:
thanks Mimi...yes, I agree on the cinn. and honey drink..it tastes good...and I can't bring myself to try the molasses..but I guess I should..although I should tell you...the reason the conversation got started on molasses is that my oldest son was told that it was used as a rust remover on automobiles..and he was wondering about it..so we got out our jar of molasses to try it..No word on the success of that yet. ! Can you imagine drinking something that can take out rust??? LOL !

yea..and the caregiver thing is only one of many problems I am facing ...mostly now are financial...just lots more money going out than in.. not a good plan...

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

georgia888 responded:
Hello fibroinsd,
I'm a vegetarian & rely on other sources of foods for iron including unsulphured blackstrap molasses. I never cared for molasses but knowing the nutritional benefits (iron, calcium, potassium & magnesium), I came up with a great way to tolerate it. I add it to unsweetened Almond Milk (a highly recommened food by Dr. Oz) & the taste of the molasses is really disguised.

Hope this helps.

georgia

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
463 of 538 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.