Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hump Day *****2/6/2013 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...and it is too early for me to be up...I woke up around 5 due to the furbabies thinking that it was time for them to get up and about...I was not ready to get up...but it seems like once I wake up...then I am up..I am really very tired though, actually much more so than when I went to bed last night...perhaps it is the Nyquil that I took...still trying to get rid of whatever I was blessed to catch...I have improved...but still not where I need to be. I have tried to rest so that my body could recoup.

It has been cold here but it gets warmer during the day...so that helps some. I seem to have less energy though regardless...so the weather has not really affected me that much..if I am cold during the day I put on something to fix this problem. I increased my Omegas which I feel has helped me.

I was talking to the man in the vitamin store one day and he told me that people with FM have to take more than the normal people do in order to get the results that we would expect to get. At the time we were talking about ribrose, for energy.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will work for you. It does take a trial and error process though which does take time and effort. So hang in here with us...learning more about dealing with the wrath of the dragon...since the more you know the better you will cope.

Vitamin D....again I remind those of you who have not talked to your doctor about this...be sure and do so soon...as your body will thank you...low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some of us and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

That's my story....and I'm sticking to it on this sunny day in Feb....it is going to be almost 60* today...actually high 50*s.

Have a good one.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

booch007 responded:
Morning Mimi...
When sick, you ARE supposed to rest and listen to the body saying I am beat from kicking this viruses ass*.......

So then you rest, hey... rest until SPRING there is nothing to do til then anyway!! Once our dear spring comes (and you get it first)......it is up and out in the sun for us. I hope you get better soon and I hope the dogs allow it!

Pat has been doing a great job keeping us informed of Caprese....again it is an infection but more so they have found she had a stroke . R sided (often this will entain speaking so I pray she is not bad and this was small). I am so glad Caprese put Pat as her contact with the docs, it gives the whole FMily...those not even here and on other sites a contact to share our love and concern.

Years ago when I joined, they had role call on Fradays...I was told it was a head count...to be sure we were all OK. There were losses in suicide years ago as many meds were not available and the TOOLS were not as perfected as now. I even asked my neurologist if she ever lost someone, she said Yes..........so I think we are better than before.

This is a large group of people that communicate with eachother or just peep in...and learn and follow and try to be better. When a FMer is in trouble it is also great to give shout outs to help or hold em up! Can think of 3 right away that were so bad and daily check ins were needed.

This board has changed so many times, right Mimi? Seems like we are in transition again.......stay for they ride everyone.

I took today off from work to recoup myself from the party. I was struggling yesterday and it reallly showed. Shots aren't until next Tues so I need a massage to get by and rest in the mix here. B/P is up so I really have no room to increase the savella a bit......(popping a gasket is not a plan). So hot shower, stretches...some fresh air and rest...good for the soul.

I am hoping that all are doing better as I don't see too much on the board, it can be you are all busy with life...or you have not issues at the moment, or *God forbid..you are in bed and can't get to the computer.........we will look for the first two! So, I hope this day goes well for you. For me, the day always inches better after I awake at 90 years old...hope it is for you too.

Take Care: Nancy B .

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!
It has been a really tough week...the flare has settled in and made itself at home and I've really been dragging. I'm a little better this morning, but tired and hung over from the extra meds I took to function yesterday. All I feel like doing is sitting and staring at the wall.

But this too will pass...this flare is compounded by the stress of having my aunt in the hospital and a dear friend in a nursing home. Plus Husband hurt his back and hip a few days ago...Although he's a little better he says he "hurts too much" to do anything; so I'VE been doing it all, even with the flare. I have probably pushed myself more than I should, but I'm determined to get this place looking like somebody actually lives here. I hate resting too much because I feel like I'm wasting the day.

The weather hasn't helped either. This is the first time in almost a week that the sun has been out; and it won't be out for long. It is already getting cloudy again, in fact. We have had snow every night since Sunday; and they are now calling for (possibly) up to TWO FEET of snow on Friday. My ankle has been hurting nonstop with the cold, and the rest of my body isn't far behind. I'm tired of gray weather and even more tired of winter!

This morning my brain is saying get up and do something productive...my body is saying yeah right. All I want to do is go back to bed, pull the covers over my head, and stay there until April. I've been crying a lot because of my aunt; and I'm sure that doesn't help the Fibro either. I need to do something to get my head turned around so I don't get stuck in a hole. It is too easy to get depressed this time of year and I am dangerously close to it. I need to distract myself with one of my many projects.

Enough rambling for now---I'm going to curl up with my journal for a while. Maybe after a good writing session I'll feel like doing something. Hope everyone has a good day!

dollbug replied to booch007's response:
Hello Nana B....yes, you are so right....we have been through so many changes....you know they say though that *change is good*....you just have to hang around for the long haul....as they say....we do get use to change....but it does take time....anything and everything is a process...which does take time and effort.

Personally, I have learned so much from other people here....I have many *tools and tips* that others have shared....some works, some don't....but that is ok...as we all know we are different and what works for one may or may not work for another...and only you can know what works for you.

I do this since I need the *contact with other people*....I have missed *people contact* since I was laid off of work back in 2005....I thought for sure that my time from work would be short lived, but then other health issues popped up, one being the chronic fatigue, and I was not able to get back to the work force. I had worked in public work since I was 14 years old and actually had jobs even before then. I baby sat a lot even before I went to work. My first public job was working in a Dairy Queen type place...I worked for the town police chief and drove myself to work, without having a driver's license. (yes, this man knew-told me to stay on the back roads) this was many years ago.

Here is hoping everyone will have a good day.

MiMi

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good middle of week everyone. I'm just checking in to say Hi and say I hope your day is going well and that you have no fibro issues or pain to deal with today.

Its warming up here this am. and will be high 50's. Tomorrow it will be 61, so it's feeling a lot like early sping. I hope so! Everyday it looks and feels a little more like spring. I hear the birds churpping more latley and they seem to be looking for things to build nests with.. grass seems to be greener than it has been, and daffodilds are popping up everywhere. Feels like March and that in itself makes me happy.

I went to my new allergy doctor yesterday to have skin tests to see if I was allergic to this or that. NOT. I am the kind of person who is sensitive to this and that and thus I get sick like I did the past few days with dust from moving this out of one room into another. So I have a new med for those times when I have a reaction ( mild ) to whatever. Not happy but at least I have some things to help.

angelswife, I hope this post finds you feeling better and up doing those things you had on your to do list. Sending
<<< air hugs >>> your way.

Nancy, having only been here 3 years I haven't seen too much in the way of change. When I started there was some really great people here. Most of those have gone MIA over time. But those who few that have stayed on the board, let me say thanky you so much because you are still here and are a true blessing.
But as you and MiMi said the board and the people who are on it are here to make a differance by being caring, supportive and understanding.. and that's what makes this board so special. So let the powers at webmd change away, as long as those of us who use the board stay in touch and help each other when ever we can it's all good.

It's a very slow news day here as I have nothing much to do today except get my nails done and drop of a few things at Goodwill. But I guess I should get up and get at them.
Gentle hugs to everyone.. have a great day. Linda R

katmandulou responded:
Good Wednesday to All!

Cold here, 35? and feels like 28?. The weather will turn Friday when two weather systems will merge and become a snowstorm, with 12" or more of snow. The downtown Chocolate Stroll has been postponed to the 16th.

I think forums like this have to evolve, and change is good sometimes. Nine years ago when the doc said "fibromyalgia" I didn't know what the heck he was talking about. As I looked for info on-line, I got scared. By the time I was actually dx'ed (March 2005), DH had done a ton of research, gave me a boatload of links that were helpful. I think it was a couple more years before I found this group, and I have made wonderful friends here.

I have to get out at least every other day to interact with humans, too. Being self-employed means you don't have to go out to work, even if you do have work. I get really house-bound. Lately, between the lack of work, the cold and the clouds, I feel myself becoming depressed. it's sunny today and I'm making sure I get outside to stock up on my Vitamin D!

Speaking of supplements - does anyone take magnesium, and does it help you? My yoga instructor suggested it for bone strength and muscle function. Not that I need to take more pills but I forgot to ask my doc last week. The tizanidine is working now that I have figured out the dose I need.

Wishing you all the best Hump Day you can possibly have!
Lou

dollbug replied to katmandulou's response:
Hello Lou....I have been taking magnesium malate for a long time. I actually alternate this and my Fibro Response both which I get from the vitamin store. I buy the source naturals brand which is a good brand for vitamins and supplements.

Dr Oz talks about magnesium a lot and just how important it is for people. I think both magnesium and vitamin D are probably the 2 most important things I take...and the Omegas too. I will say this also...it takes time for your body to get use to it.

I think Nana B also takes it...she is the only one that I think I have seen who has posted about it.

You will never know UNTIL you try it whether or not you might get some benefit from it.

Take care.

MiMi

rudyandirmouse replied to katmandulou's response:
Hi Lou, I take magnesium @ 250 mg. They say you can go as high as 500, but I've been good @ the dose I'm taking, 300 mg a day, so maybe if I need to take more I will. I was told by my PCP to add it to what I already get my daily vitiman pill magnesium was below 100 mg. It is so I take the supplement. My PCP said it's an important vitaman and most people don't get enought in their daily diet.

So if you think you want to add it, check your vitiman's offering and if it's below 100 mg's a day please add up on it with a supplement.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Happy Hump Day!

Things are looking up here. My husband is almost moved out. He will be out by Friday. I am looking forward to being single again. Or at least that is what I am hoping for. He will be having his 33 year old girlfriend move in with him in a couple of weeks. He is 61 years old. I have to laugh when I think about what she is getting herself in to. She deserves what she gets!

The weather here is pretty. In the low 70's. It did rain a little today. My birthday is Saturday. I am looking forward to a birthday party my family is throwing me. We are having an outside picnic party. My twin brother will there too. I do not think him and I have ever spent a birthday apart. It is sad my youngest brother will not be here. He died January 23, just one week after his birthday.

I am off from work this week. I am cleaning my home from end to the other. I clean one small area and then rest. It has taken me two days to clean my livingroom. I am trying to pace my self so I do not have a flare. I am already in such pain from the stress of getting a divorce and my brother dying. Each day gets a little better.

Gentle hugs to all! Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

fibroinsd responded:
Hi there...just stopping by to say hi..and reading...nice to see you all here...It is late and I should be asleep..but you know how that goes.. well...I will probably go try again..

wanted to say a special hello to debbrabrooks..glad you found your way here....sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now too..happy upcoming birthday...

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

debrabrooks1960 replied to fibroinsd's response:
Thank you for your kind words. I really appreicate them.

Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
190 of 207 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.