Skip to content
Thursday *****2/7/2013 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC....and a damp and cold front is headed our way again....I am so ready for springtime to arrive. I am feeling better than I have but still am not completely well from whatever decided to attack my body....DH came in yesterday and he is now coughing and sneezing again....OMG...I hope he is not getting ready to go the 2nd time with this mess....it seems like we are just passing it back and forth....of course he now thinks this round is my fault....It is hard to stay away from germs though when you live under the same roof.

Please remember my granddaughter again....as we get ready for another round. It seems like the ex has moved yet again and we think it might be out of NC....the school refuses to tell my son whether or not she is attending....I am worried so much about this little girl and what is going on with her. It is sad that she has been pulled from pillow to post....when children need stability in their lives....I can only hope and pray that soon something is done about all of this.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest....and I hope today will be a good day for us all. I am going to keep Noah this morning....I have missed seeing him....since I have been sick. I do not go around my boys when I am sick since I certainly do not want to give what I have to any of them. I can remember when I had 3 children and they all got sick. That is not a good thing at all.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. Please check out the info under *tips* and *resources* that you will find on this site....I am sure you will find some good *tools* that perhaps you have not thought of trying. It does take a trial and error process....and you should allow at least 6-8 weeks of doing whatever you decide on, unless, of course, it is making you sicker than you were. There are no quick fixes and no cures...only things that might work so that you can cope better.

Happy Birthday Debra....I hope you have a good birthday and many more. I know you are dealing with so much right now and please remember that we are here to support you. I hope you will post often and know that we are here for you.

Lou was asking about magnesium yesterday. I hope those of you who have tried this will let Lou know. I have been taking magnesium malate for years now. I also take the Fibro Response but not the amounts which they say one needs. I take what my body can take. I think the directions are 3 on both of these but I take one. The body will let you know just how much it needs. I have increased my Omegas which has been a good thing.

I know there are FMers here who are dealing with all sorts of issues....I hope things get better for each of you as well. Just remember that this too will pass. Hopefully things will get better.

That's all folks.

Have a good day.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!
I am finally hurting less this morning, for the first time in over a week! Hope it stays that way for a while.

We are preparing for a whopper of a storm. They are saying we'll get two feet with the potential for three feet. We haven't had a storm like that since 1978! I am going through the usual preparations (filling water jugs, rounding up towels and buckets, getting what's left of our valuables off the floor upstairs). The cracked roof is a concern because of the snow's weight; but what I dislike most is the aftermath of the storm when the snow melts. The water fills the upstairs and comes down through our kitchen ceiling. We can't do anything about it except mop it up. I'm not looking forward to that.

I won't be stocking up for this storm either---we had a budget "oops" yesterday. Husband had emailed our church treasurer, asking him not to deposit all our checks at once (they had four). But the treasurer missed the email, and they all went in. Now our account has a whopping $8.09 in it, and Husband doesn't get paid until next Thursday. I am saying a lot of prayers, lol. I would feel better if I could get some food in, but there's nothing I can do at this moment. So I'll make a huge pot of soup and load it up with beans and rice and say thank you for what we do have. The alternative is just too stressful and I don't need any more stress.

Not much else to say...I need to get busy with storm preparations. Hope everyone has a good day!

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Let's try this again... I am beginning to think I am not suppose to post today lol... Something has happened to 4 posts now the last 2 my fault... I went to close my alarm and shut the browser instead lol lol... Silly Me... The other 2 were probably cancelled by my jerking cuz they haven't shown up yet lol... I am Just-A-Parkinson-Dance lol lol...

Everything I have is flaring... Especially my Parkinson's and FM... Mimi I think of you and your son and dear granddaughter more everyday... My X-husband and his wife have been living with us and she has been feeding information to my X-DIL that she can easily use against my son in court... Why.. Because she is mad at me and disagrees with the way I parent the grandkids... I pray it isn't a mistake to stay here... Most of the information she feeds my X-DIL is about me... I look at it as she is stabbing my son in the back... He looks at it as we are living with a spy...

So We had a blow out... My son had it out with her... And they are moving out this weekend if escrow goes thru on their trailer... My gastroenterologist was ready to put me in the hospital yesterday... I talked him out of it but we talked for 45 minutes about what has happened to get me so sick... The stress that hit the band... And he settled for bed rest and answering his daily phone call... Or calling him back on his cell if I miss it...

The colitis is still here but he wants to hold off on the antibiotic for a few days and see how I am if I can stay clear of the stress... It is still in the house until this weekend... Then they move out... Then I can leave my room but still not babysit or do household things... like I do a lot lol... And I am limited as to how long I am up yet... I of course have a special diet and need to sleep any chance I get... Day and/or night... No listening nor discussing what is going on... period... And do everything to keep it off my mind... Promised to try... He said no try just DO...

Such a bossy person he is lol...But a great Dr... Really cares about me... Hard to find...

Enough... I am not suppose to be talking about that... lol...

I am glad you are feeling better Angelswife and Mimi... I sure hope you manage the storm and the melting OK Angelswife... I love snow but guess I wouldn't if I had to worry like you... Your landlord should be made to live like this... Including with the FM... To have to worry about roofs falling in and priceless things getting put up... And then no matter how you feel the mess has to be cleaned... And if the FM hasn't flared it probably will then... Let him live with it...

I am drinking my first coffee in days... No major cramping today... Do have some nausea... Have to take my meds yet... Held off cuz I wanted the coffee lol...

I hope you are all holding it together... My jerking is getting a lot worse and it is almost time for them to get up... My X has his epidural today... So... I am going to talk to my son a bit and go rest...

take care... Love... Ja/Dakota

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Thursday everyone. Just popping on quickly to say hello and wish each of you a fibro pain and issue free day.

It's nice here today, going to rain they say. It's going to be near 70 and it sure feels like March. I am concerned for those in the FMily who will be dealing with the bad storm heading east. I hope that each of you stays safe and that the storm and it's snow is less than they say it will be.

DH is home so I have to head out the door. Have to get the Valentines' pkg off to NC for the grandkids and then run errands before heading home to start work on the RV room. I don't know why I don't remember how much trouble doing home repairs are.

Okay, wishing each of you a great day...
Gentle hugs, Linda R.

mnjeepguy responded:
I am having a decent day finally. I dealt with the friend issue. He played dumb like he didn'y know what I was talking about but my wife hides nothing from me. (Years ago she foud out I am very receptive. We are very honest ever since.) I doubt he realizes what I do know. I was shaking afterwards but I feel better now, relieved. My wife understands and is supportive so far. Moving forward with fingers crossed.

I had some internet problems the last couple days. I thought our provider. As it turns out the router. I went around it and "poof" issues abated. I do need a new router but at least I found the issue.

We had about 5" of snow again with a possibe storm Sunday night. Nothing of the caliber headed for the New England area. Stay home and safe people.

I am staying on Gabapentin. I don't have issues with it now. It seems that I had a dietary issue instead. It's wierd ho the body works with some things but not others.

I was able to catch up reading the weeks posts, too many to reply to indevidually, but I think of you all, stay safe, and hopefully pain free. Take care everyone.

Cory

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
370 of 397 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.