Skip to content
Fibromyalgia
Carrie2638 posted:
Hello everyone! I am new to this community, but so happy to be here. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia after having Mono 7 years ago. I contracted mono after having chemo for breast cancer. Needless to say, I developed chronic Epstein Barr syndrome,which lead to Fibromyalia. I am so glad to have a name to the monster in my body. I finally was told that I am NOT crazy or drug seeking. I am trying different medications, to see what will help. I am on Lyrica and Cymbalta, both seem to help some. I am also on pain medicine. I had surgery in may of last year to fuse my C-5 C-6 vertebrae in my neck. I am waiti g for surgery on my lower spine. I have degenerative disc disease and spinal stenosis to go with the Fibromyalgia. Now that that is all out......lol. I must say that life is am adjustment. It is wonderful to here from others and know I am not alone in this. That is not to say that oak glad others are in the same predicament.......I wouldn't wish this on anyone. I hope to get more understanding of this condition, and here others stories. Thank you for being here

katmandulou responded:
Hi Carrie 2638, and welcome! I hope you'll find us helpful, thoughtful and funny.

You'll find that we each have a very unique kind of FM; it's not the same for all of us. What works for one doesn't work for another. Ask a question and you'll get three different answers from three different people!

There are some good resources for you in the right-hand column. Also check out http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/ . There are some good tips for us, and you have to check out The Spoon Theory - it will help people understand what it's like to be in your body.

Have your doc check you for Vitamin D deficiency. Sounds simple, but we who live in the northern hemisphere are usually lacking in D.

Have the best day you can possibly have,
Lou

rudyandirmouse responded:
Hi Carrie2638, my name is LInda R and I just wanted to say Hello and Welcome you to the FMily.

I am sure you will feel right at home in no time at all. This is such a special place to be and be a part of. Everyone here is caring, concerned, supportive and understanding as we all have the same up and down days. And there is also so much helpful information onthings that help us deal with fibro flares and even thought some of it might not be as helpful to your as it has been to others, Fibro is not a one size fits all collection of illnesses, you may get some relief from other things you find suggested here.

Again I am so glad you've found us here, post often and let us get to know you.

Gentle hugs, Linda R

booch007 responded:
Great term.

Life is an adjustment....

I love your attitude, you will go far in this. You have alot on your plate though I sense a good perspective here. Welcome and I know there is always a trick you can teach us or we teach you. A great Fmily we are....

Glad you joined.....post often, Nancy B

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
191 of 208 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.