Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Fibro--the Princess and the Pea Syndrome
BetteK posted:
Remember the fairy tale of the bedraggled girl who claimed to be a princess and the queen who tested her by placing a pea under the bottommost of her 20 mattresses? The girl was a real princess because she just couldn't get comfortable and didn't sleep all night long.

I guess Fibromyalgia makes us all princesses--you too, guys!

Try sleeping in a T-shirt. (If you sew, find a pattern for a raglan-sleeved top and use jersey knit.)

Some of us need our legs covered and a pillow between our bent knees. (Think late pregnancy.)

Some of us need to sleep in a recliner, or a Tempurpedic, or a Sleep Number, or an adjustable, hospital-type bed.

Some of us have to sleep on the floor.

And that's just sleep.

We have every twitchy, disfunctional syndrome there is from irritable bowel or bladder (and what joys they are) to Sjogrens or Raynaud's to multiple chemical sensitivities.

See, we're all so sensitive we're princesses!

Toward better days,

BetteK

P.S. I never did figure out why the queen would want her son to marry a girl--no matter how blue her blood--who would cringe in pain when her princely husband so much as touch her. Only in fairy tales would that lead to "happily ever after."

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
I am more like Sleeping Beauty these days... Awaiting my handsome prince to awaken me from this nightmare lol... But I guess I fit the princes scenario too lol...

That is quite an imagination... Did it take long to figure that out... Perhaps I am still too new at this to want to think that hard or to brain dead to be able to... lol... But it is a good analogy...

Still think I am more Sleeping Beauty and they haven't found the right handsome prince yet lol...

Have a l wonderful day... Thanks for the smile...

Take care... Love... Jan/Dakota

booch007 responded:
WISH THERE WAS A LIKE* BUTTON HERE. THIS IS CUTE, FUNCTIONAL INFORMATION AND I AM ON A 6" MEMORY FOAM TOPPER...FOR MY PRINCESS ISSUES!!

Nancy B Good post!!

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
464 of 539 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.