Skip to content
Finally Answers
franr posted:
Good Snowy Morning Everyone
Here in Boston we are bracing for a very bad snowstorm. I went to see ENT yesterday and told be I am have Larengeal spasms in my esophagus caused by acid in the stomach .And he said it was clear as day.I am on priolsec 2x a day and ned to watch the diet, My appetite increase with the remeron med the psch gave me for the fibro.He is also testing me for sgrogens syndrome. I guess I need to know if anyonelse haas this syndrome and does this coincidende with fibro.

katmandulou responded:
Hi FranR, and welcome! I hope you'll be safe and warm during the blizzard. I'm in southeastern MA, and watching the birds fil up at my feeders.

I don't know whether stomach acid is one of the many things that come with FM. You'd do well to watch what you eat, write it down and note when you have spasms.

There are some good resources in the right-hand column. Also check out http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/ . There are some good tips for us, and you have to check out The Spoon Theory - it will help people understand what it's like to be in your body.

Have your doc check you for Vitamin D deficiency. Sounds simple, but we who live in the northern hemisphere are usually lacking in D.

Have the best blizzard you can possibly have,
Lou

booch007 responded:
Oh Fran glad to hear this news...(well not good but so glad you can get better). Sjogrens is often mixed in with a couple of things we get...but also our meds will give a false positive too.

Things like Cybalta and the SSRI group dry you out. Some have bad side effects and some have few. So watch your meds. Be sure the doc knows everything you take even supplements.

Again so happy you will be feeling better. Nancy B

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
198 of 215 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.