Skip to content
Sunday *****2/10/2013*****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC where I woke up too early this morning....Stress is NOT my friend and never has been. This week-end has not been a good one...I have had major problems just trying to eat. Seems like I am choking to death when I try to eat. I am thinking my throat muscles just close up and refuse to allow me to swallow. My food feels like it is getting larger as I chew it...I finally just gave up. Do not understand this but I do know that it has something to do with stress.

I got very little sleep night before last night...at least I got more last night. I thought I was getting better with my cold and cough...but it seems like it is trying to come back on me...again I will say this is due to stress...Stress can do all sorts of weird things to my body....and it does not take a lot either. And I have also learned that much of what happens to me is slap out of my control.

I never thought in a million years that I would be faced with the things that my family has endured. There could not be any soap opera compared to it. One thing right after another..and the sad thing is none of us have done anything to cause any of this. We think what is going on is related somehow but we have no idea how. It has been like a HUGE puzzle with some pieces missing or out of place.

So...no sleep for me on Friday, but I did sleep some last night. I am so thankful that I was able to do so. My body was in so much pain I could hardly stand it. I do feel better today.
I hope things improve...I guess we will see.

IT is cold this morning...around 30*....at least it is dry for now...but rain is expected...not a good thing to go along with my stress.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process...which does take time. So hang in there, learn all you can about the wrath of the dragon, aka FM....as the more you know, the better you will learn how to cope....anything and everything is a process...there is nothing easy about dealing with FM.

Vitamin D....speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked......SO IMPORTANT....everyone needs to know about this....I continue to wish that I could *SHOUT this out to the WORLD*...yes, I do think it is this important.

I hope those of you who are covered in snow and bad weather will soon have lots so sunshine to melt the snow away and remember spring is getting closer each day.

I hope everyone rested last night and I hope we all will have a good day today.

That's all folks.

Stay warm and stay safe.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

booch007 responded:
Dearest Mimi,

As my main issues are my throat muscles and neck.....when I get like that, I use the small rice pak to heat the muscles before eating and it seems to help. SLEEP will add so much to your issues as you know. What did we learn as parents a nap can fix amything in a child (anger, frustration, tears, crazy behavior...) for us it resets the body...

(Too bad you can't get the world to take a nap and reset it for you and start over) . I am sorry that cross is still on your back.

I didn't lose power from the storm...I got about 18-20 inches of snow, what did me in was my DH ....HAD to open the deli in the morning and NOT WAITING FOR THE PLOW to arrive. (well turns out he* showed up at 12***<so inappropriate>...so I am glad we did take care of it.)

Remember DH has a bad heart...but a good body and I have a good heart and a bad body...what a pair we are!

He cleaned the car...I did the steps so as I could watch him outside if he suddenly had an event and then...screw it, I was in knee deep snow cutting a path for the car to exit the driveway. He was out by 8:30 in the morning. I came in and just took another round of meds and did the morning chores and when I felt the wall approaching I cuddled in a blanket on the recliner and was OUT for 3 hours at least....the day was finished and today I awake like myself...no worse than usual.

Good I guess. I have started a project, remember guys I think the mind needs distraction all the time to help this mess.

I am fixing the closets to open them up to full veiw....a construction company is doing a few things here, so yesterday I began emptying the closets.....(Oh the things you find)..so I had DH put together a clothes rack I bought, I knew it wasn't for heavy things...I just put his shirts on it. (well it fell and broke and all the shirts were on the floor and they are still there as at night I cannot do a project) I have this a.m. to get it in line. I am going to use a ladder and a pole....to make a hanger. More sturdy. I have a table up with the pants laying neatly...I have 3 closets to empty though. CRAP...alot of stuff. ALL in the living room!! (A hoarder..I look like a hoarder..)

It will be nice and perfect when I am done but P A C E is our mantra...and clean out crap is the MOTTO too right now again.

I have about 20 pocket books..I have to look at them seriously to see if I need all of these. Shoes are better..I fixed that a while back as I saw the general ones were not for me to wear anymore. (You have to be honest when doing this stuff)

So this is the way I will get through the Feb/March duldrum..
having them tear the house apart.....I will be painting the bifold doors on little horses to help and take a few days off from work to do it with them. When done, I will be in heaven...

Today though, slow is the word. Didn't plan at all to shovel snow yesterday, and it is so bad for me.

I send hugs out to all.....hope you too have a project going and a plan to distract yourself. I do hope this doesn't become bigger and bigger as we go....that has happened to me before. Changed a rug and all the rugs that touched that one looked like hell and all were adjusted $$$$ ended up a huge project.

OK, take today and run with it....get your meds in you and cut out the best Sunday yet, Hope the sun is out where you are.

Sharon I saw the snow by you...don't ya just hate the plows that chose the wrong spots to put the snow...and that mound will be there forever! Hugs to all, Nancy B

P.S: Pat called last night, daughters have taken over and no further word of our Sis Caprese.... So we just keep praying for her recovery and soon a word from her herself. It is serious though .

Anon_10089 responded:
Mimi-

So sorry for all that you're going through. Thank you that even through that personal stress, you still do your daily posting here.

jillylin responded:
I am really sorry to hear you are struggling badly too. You are just so supportive of the rest of us.
Hugs
Jilly in the UK

fibroinsd responded:
Afternoon.

mimi..sure wish things were better..

nancy..glad you kept power..

me..I have bunco here tonight...and I can't seem to stay focused on getting things ready..a min. of doing something..a min of other stuff.. !

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
194 of 211 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.