Skip to content
Monday Monday - Feb 11, 2013
katmandulou posted:
Hi All!
No MiMi today, hunh? It's after noon, so I'll start.

I hope everyone living in the blizzard area came through the storm relatively unscathed. We got 2'-2.5' of snow, hard to tell with the drifting. It's 43* here and raining, so you know it will be awful later when the temp drops again. The town plows just came by again and I can finally see pavement!

DH and I bought a new toilet yesterday to replace the one that leaked last week. I know there's mold in the ceiling over my office, but I'm not prepared to empty the room so it can be dealt with. Maybe when the weather gets warmer, but not now.

Yuki the wonder dog has taken up floor in my office. It's a small room and there's not much area for her to lay in, but she has. She'll lean in one direction so I can get a foot to leave when I have to. I've been in and out a few times, and she shows no sign of leaving.

Physically I have little to complain about. The FM seems to be under control, no pain and I'm sleeping. I see the GI doc Wednesday, and that should be fun. He's the one who saw me in the hospital before and after the surgery. I can't wait to see what he says.

Nothing else going on here. I wish you all the best day you can possibly have,
Lou

dollbug responded:
Hello Lou and FMily.....Thanks for starting the Monday, Monday post....I actually had a very rough week-end and then I hit the ground running this morning....had to go to run very important errands and did not get back until a few minutes ago...I am stressed to the limit....and we all know what stress does to us.

It is cool and damp this morning...and I hate I had to get out in the weather as well....but as I said...I had no choice....sometimes...we just have to do what there is to be done. (will share more on this later)

Here is hoping everyone will have a good Monday...I hope that each of you were able to rest better than I did...little sleep is not a good thing for the mind and the body.

Welcome to the new members who have joined us recently...I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM.

Vitamin D....be sure and talk to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked....low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

I hope the snow melts soon for those who got so much of it this past week-end....I am thankful that it all missed NC.

Take care, stay warm and stay safe.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

angelswife responded:
Hi Mimi and Lou!
I had a horrendously busy day yesterday---it was my second day of hard shoveling. I had to go and take care of my client. The public walk went okay because her neighbor went down it with his snowblower; but the front walk to her house was drifted in waist high on me. That took some doing to clear.

After that, I had to go in through her front door to get to the back yard, because her driveway hadn't been plowed yet. On the way through, she had me clear her tenant's stairs, which were also drifted in. When I'd finished that, I managed to clear the snow away from her garage doors (it was a foot deep there), and I tossed that into the unplowed driveway. Then I tackled the porch and the back sidewalk.

The porch wasn't too bad; but the sidewalk---OMG. The snow had drifted in there and it was murder to get through. I finally had to quit when the drift got chest high on me, because I couldn't get my arms high enough to throw the snow out of the way. I was pretty tired when I finally got home.

I was also sick---I'd had a runny nose all day but thought it was allergies. But that night I started coughing and aching, and I ran a low-grade fever. Today I have zero energy and have fever-type aches from head to toe; plus I still have the cough. So I am fighting something, I guess. It's not serious, just annoying. I've been cranky all day...My mind wants to get things done but my body's not going anywhere. I don't want to sit still but I feel too miserable to do much. I really hate days like this.

It's gray and rainy out, which doesn't help. We may get a storm Wednesday night, and another one over the weekend. I haven't even stuck my nose out the door today. Husband has a day off because the roads are still horrible here; and he may have another one off tomorrow. We'll see. Some parts of CT got four feet of snow.

Think I may go take a nap. I haven't gotten anything constructive done and it doesn't look like that's going to change. Hope everyone's having a good day.

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Angel... It is always constructive to take care of ourselves... So you are doing something constructive lol... I haven't been pacing well... But I did take time to rest and talk on the phone to my daughter... and ate some... now it is meds time... mmm bit late but better late then never... long as it isn't too late and it isn't...

I have to decide by tomorrow if I go for an hour drive to a Hearing Loss Association of America meeting or see this new counselor I don't like... on Valentines day... I can reschedule... and see her later... And the meeting is getting to find more support where I need it the most right now... I am also talking to someone about the possibility of seeing my old counselor... She wasn't given the option to keep me as a patient when they split her shift between 2 places...
Long story... But I have been with her since 2009 and very comfortable with her and so much going on now... I am uneasy with the change... But I will see...

I need to go out tomorrow for gifts for the little ones for Valentines.... They are already asking if I have gone to buy them... Now that's a secret... I hope to have the strength...

So I am going to watch me a movie and maybe take a nap-... You all take care...

Mimi I am glad you were just busy... Angel take care... and Lou thanks for being here and glad you are doing well... Pray you keep doing well...

Take care... Love... Jan/Dakota

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Monday to all. I am on late today because DH is sick. I think it's the same thing that got me last week. If so he's gonna be home tomorrow too.

It was over cast all day here but tomorrow it's supposed to be nice. Not real warm, but no snow. Which the news says will be her on Sunday. In February it's always wait and see. Most times snow is a no show. Fingers crossed it's that way this next time, but it will be cold enough they say, so who knows.

MiMi, I am so sorry that things there are giving you and your family such worries and I know how stressful it all must be. I am keeping you in my prayers, as I have been for a while now, and I do hope that your grand daughter is found soon and returned to NC.

Lou, don't put off cleaning out the mold. Belive it or not they tracked down the mold that got into my lungs a few years ago that nearly did me in. They found mold, a whole line of it over the whole upper door seal in our upstairs bathroom door and it formed there because of the AC vent to close to it. So if you find a few hours, more or less, to move things out and bleach out the mold, OH please do so.

Sharon, please take it easy over there. I know you can't say NO when people need help, but you've been sick so much laterly and with your leg being up and down, maybe it would be better to say NO to taking shovle to 7 feet of snow. Just this time? Will call you tomorrow. Am sure Rudy will be home so will make the time to get a call in to you. I know it's way over due.

Nancy, I hope things out your way are getting better. Keep good thoughts for you this past weekend. Hope they helped some.

Since it's late I guess I should close this and go back and check on DH.
Gentle hugs to all, Linda R

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
467 of 542 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.