Skip to content
justpicky1
dakotaspirit1957 posted:
Hi Hun... I read your post in the other message... Welcome to our board...

It is so hard to be ill and especially have chronic pain and not have the reason behind it... When I first became ill over 30 years ago I was told that they would figure out what was wrong with me in 50 yrs and in another 50 cure it... The great Mayo Clinic said that...Took I think 26 or 27 I lost count or memory of it with my fog.... I am praying the cure doesn't take another 27... For everyone's sake...

Now they have found multiple things wrong with me... The list just kept growing and growing... Most of which cause chronic pain...
But only FM covers most of the pain cycles and symptoms...

I am sorry I keep falling asleep... I didn't sleep well last night and finally want to sleep... Unfortunately now I have to stay up to get my son up and get my grandson up for school... I get up an hour ahead so I get an hour to myself... But seems like I am falling asleep at the keyboard lol... Only 35 minutes to go before wake up call number 1 lol... I can do this right...

I rambled there a bit... Concentration is a real challenge these days lol...

I left some links for information on the other post I will go ahead and re-post them here... The first one is to our tool box... It on the right

http://forums.webmd.com/3/fibromyalgia-exchange/tip/4

And two sites to get information from are...

http://www.fmnetnews.com/

http://www.fibrocenter.com/index.aspx

I hope you can get in to see a dr to get some diagnosis and thus be able to try to find a treatment to at least alleviate the pain... Can you see if you can be referred to a rheumatologist ... They can diagnose and treat FM... Just make sure they believe in it and do treat it...

First thing out of my mouth when I call any new Dr... Do you believe in FM.. I have a team of 6 to take care of me... Now they all believe in it... My old cardiologist didn't believe in it... He said it was just a pretty name for something no one could figure out... And one of my Diabetic Dr.s said it was a p-psychosomatic problem... Like being schizophrenic... I don't know about you but I find that to be a whole different problem...

Yes antidepressants sometimes help us... But that doesn't mean the depression is causing our pain... Just the reverse... Our pain and loss in our lives is the cause for our depression and anxiety...

Read and see where and if you still feel you fit in... Then sit with your Dr and talk to her about a referral and what goes from here... Pain Management might diagnose and treat you too... I have been treated by both... Right now I am with pain management... But I have multiple problems and illnesses... So my dr's like to call me their "complication" lol...

I wish you luck and Gods speed...

Love... Jan/Dakota

justpicky1 responded:
Thank You for your message Jan Dakota ,

No doctor should say any thing negitive about the patience , and it's all his patience head . The doctor should write down what is wrong with the patience , and help him/her to figuring
out the problem . That's what makes a good doctor , someone who cares for the patience .

I don't enjoy being in pain , I just want to know exactly what's
wrong with me . And then , figure out what doctor and I can do
about it . I know for a fact I have "O" arthritis ...because I had many broken brokes (2 broken legs and screws in my hip ) ...
But my issue is everything on the left side of my body is in pain.
Right now my left arm is hurting , I took something for it and the
pain never went away . I am in pain 24/7...somewhere on my
body........

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
465 of 540 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.