Skip to content
At my end with this
Hurts2bmealways posted:
So has any Fibro peeps taken Suboxone. It's the miracle drug for Fibro pain. But recently new insurance said no more after 5 years. Back to skin burn and terrible pain and no sleep. Doc says sorry here is week Vicodin which does nothing. Help any ideas? At the end of rope and Docs are scared to prescribe pain meds because junkies that lie about pain. I needed nothing when on Suboxone.

Necrolicious responded:
Have you tried Lyrica?

My doctor put me on this and on the very first day I felt about 70% better. All of a sudden I could move my shoulders, and my legs didn't feel as if I ran a marathon. It was amazing.

I also have the burning skin problem in my hands. I take Lortab as needed for that, 7.5mg, and it helps to take the edge off.

I am so sorry to hear that your insurance is doing that to you I hope that you can find something that works as well. I would try asking about Lyrica. Good luck!

BetteK replied to Necrolicious's response:
Lucky, lucky, you. Lyrica, Cymbalta, anything that even hints of antidepressant and I can't start my urine stream. If you've ever gone 12 or 14 hours until you finally got catheterized at the ER, you know just how miserable this is.

My hubby is on both Lyrica and Cymbalta, tolerates them well, and seems to be helped by them. We're all different. I guess it comes under the heading of "One man's meat is another man's poison."

Keep trying. There are hundreds of combinations of drugs out there. One of them will help you.

Towards better days--for all of us,

BetteK

booch007 responded:
Good morning.

This should be a doctor fight for you. He knows you and in my world we fight against the insurance company dictating therapy for a patient.

Go back to the doc and say it isn't helping and that you really had a life when on the other med. He can do a peer to peer reveiw of this med and fight for you. Good luck, hope the docs believe in you. Nancy B

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
196 of 213 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.