Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hump Day *****2/13/2013*****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily...MiMi in NC...it is damp today and chilly...but at least I was able to sleep ok last night...getting enough sleep makes such a big difference for me in the morning...I am still tired...but not dead tired...there are times when I think I just can not even move...not a good feeling for the mind or the body at all.

Yesterday Noah and I had a good time...we made helicoptors and cars...and played with clay..Noah loves to make things, all kinds of things...he is the imagine of his daddy...so sweet and cute...his dad is and has always been very laid back and Noah is also like this.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all. I hope the weather is better for those who got the snow last week end...I hope it will soon be melted and the sun will shine and it will be warm again. As we all know spring is getting closer each and every day.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better....just hang in there and learn all you can about the wrath of the dragon, aka FM.

There are no quick fixes that I am aware of and of course no cure for it. It is a mean and ugly illness and you just have to figure out a way to *dance with the dragon instead of draggin the dragon*, (as Nana B puts it- which is such a good way to view it.

New members...be sure and check out the info under *tips* and *resources* as you will surely find something that perhaps you have not thought of trying yet. Talk to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked when is important to a lot of people these days. Low vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

That's all folks.

Be safe and stay warm.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

mnjeepguy responded:
Good morning everyone. My second run of 12hr shifts are done, 2 to go. It has been tough on the body, I don't miss shift work and hope there is little of it in my future.

My internet router went out so I havn't been able to use my laptop much. Hopefully the new one arrives today. It's funny how we get so used to things. Although not important to daily life it's one of those "gotta haves".

We had about 9 inches of heave wet snow Sunday afternoon. It was very windy and realy packed it down. I had to work so I only have half of it cleaned up. Today I will finish the mess. I take on too much and it bites me when we get heavy snow. I clear out my own plus 3-4 other homes on the block. I have 2 stuck cars to pull out as well. I will stretch it out over the day.

I have beeen sore and tired, but I have 4 days to heel up before nights on Sunday. Take care everyone and enjoy the day.

Cory

katmandulou responded:
Hi Allk;
A quick hello to all. It's still cold here, in the high 30s, and and inch or two of snow expected tonight. I'm hating this winter, with its cold and dryness. I have splits in three fingers, and it's difficult to work, knit...

My downtown association will be having its annual Chocolate Stroll this Sat, postponed from last Sat. The town cleared the sidewalks last night, and we should have a fun day of collecting chocolates and other yummies!

Dad called, they're sending Mo to the hospital. She has Alzheimer's, lives in a care center, and woke this morning lethargic and not talking. She usually pushes that walker around the place, circling constantly, and talking and singing. Gonna call Dad in a minute and see what's going on, and if he wants me to drive up to be with him.

I wish you all the best day you can possibly have!
Lou

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
179 of 196 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.