Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TGIF****ROLL CALL***New Members****2/15/2013
dollbug posted:
TGIF****and a good morning to each of my FMily....MiMi in NC...
I hope each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for all of us. The *S* word in back in the forecast...it will be only light...but I am so ready for springtime. I am ready for good weather, lots of sunshine and flowers with bright colors, birds singing and fresh air. I know that this time of year is getting closer.

For the new members, each Friday we have *roll call* and hope that each of you will join us on Fridays to say hello and bring the FMily up to date on what is going on with you or whatever you care to share.

This week has been a very long and stressful week for me. We now know that my granddaughter in indeed out of the state. The court has ordered them back to NC for a hearing. There is 10 days allowed for this to take place. So this is a start. There is indication that my little one is NOT in school. I do worry about this because this is definitely not in the best interest of a child.

My daughter has a day in court this morning. So this might get interesting. I continue to just hope and pray for peace and safety. It is hard though to be calm when there is so much going on.

I have now decided that so much can happen to a person without any cause and there are times when a person can NOT get any help with what is going on, no matter what the circumstances. This is actually very scarey as well as stressful. I do understand how innocent people can get convicted for things that they have nothing to do with....not a good thing at all, such as this helps nothing or NO ONE.

OK...so that's enough on what is going on in my corner of the world.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FMily recently. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process in order to find the right combination of tools that will ease your pain and allow you to feel better. For me this has been vitamins and supplements, heating pads, Stopain Spray and remembering to pace, pace and pace even more. Drinking plenty of water and watching what I eat and keeping a schedule of sorts. Taking a hot shower using lavender bath salts right before I turn in at night and sleeping in a recliner.

Again I want to remind everyone to be sure and keep tabs on your Vitamin D level, which is important to a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

I hope everyone will have a warm and safe Friday.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
My Dearest Mimi... My prayers are with you and your family as you know I know from first hand experience what you are going thru...

Mine has worked out as far as the children returning home... Now the parents are having problems staying together... I believe they have fought so hard for the kids that they forgot each other along the way... It's sad... And just finding out... They say it may be irreversible... Too late for them... And more hardship for the grandchildren...

That is some of the stress I have been dealing with this week... That and some stress close by similar to it... Once again coming from a source not expected from...

Then of course we all know how FM reacts to stress... Throw in a MS and Parkinson's reaction and you have a very sick Nany and 2 very upset grandchildren... And 2 very upset sons... And then there was that good Dr friend that called every Day... Threatening the hospital every other phone call...

But I lived thru it... Thus this fine Friday... I am almost
FM flare free... not as weak so almost maybe in MS remission... I can suddenly see again so am more optical migraine free then last night... or 4 AM... LOL... And well... doing a great job at beating this keyboard up... LOL... And I am throwing things across the room if attempting to hold things... LOL... And Yes drinking my coffee with a straw... And Doing The Parkinson Dance... LOL... LOL...
So... No... The Parkinson's hasn't mellowed out... But what the hay... As long as I can stutter good enough for someone to understand and correct my typing good enough for you to read... I am sitting good... Right?? Right...

Well... If I want to read here and check some email... I better say good bye... You all have a glorious day... Hope many have as close to a pain free day as possible...

Take care... Love... Jan/Dakota

katmandulou responded:
TGIF! I thought this week would never end!

To day is cold and clear, with some snow flurries tomorrow. I hope it's light, because my downtown group is having an event from noon to 2. Out Chocolate Lover's Stroll is like trick or treating without a costume and is fun for everyone!

MiMi, I truly wish you and your family weren't being tested by these events. You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. I think of you every time I hear the new Montgomery Gentry song "I'll Keep the Kids". The gist is this: the wife made a list of everything she wants, from his grandmother's ring to the house, but there's "a couple little things Not there on your list" - the kids.

Jan, I wish you a great day as often as possible. I can't imagine dealing with everything you are, you are my hero.

Wishing you all the best day - and the best weekend - you can possibly have!
Lou

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Friday morning to MiMi, Jan and to all those that follow my post. I hope that your yesterday was nice and that each of you had a nice plan on how to spend the day / evening.

MiMI, they called for snow and even put brine on the roads and nothing came of it. Go figure. But perhaps you will not get snow after all as our weather becomes your weather within a few hours of leaving middle TN.
Also I do hope that things go well in court today I know you've just about had enough of court rooms these past years. And having your GD orded back to NC is such a good thing. Maybe now the courts will see what a mistake it was to give your ex DIL your precious GD.

It's nice here this morning, some clouds that over cast us then the sun breaks out so am hopeful that by this evening there will be sunny skies and warmer temps to finish off the day.

Last night the weather and temps were spring like here when DH and I went ot Olive Garden for dinner. so many resturants were reservations only so we went to Olive Garnden they don't take reservations. And because we went at 4:30 we beat the crowds by 1/2 an hour. When we left the parking lot for OG was packed and made getting out a hassel. We went shopping for a few things I had forgotten while out and then came home and had a nice eveing watching TV. A nice way to spend our 48TH Valentine's Day together.

Have a few plans for today, errands mostly and back home. I hope to get out to the movie theater tonight to see the movie OZ. I think it opens today. DH and I love all things OZ, as we once had the only prop Monkey left from the movie. My uncle worked on the film and took a rubber prop monkey home. It was along with the other props that were dropped into a trash can out side the special effects studio. The stuidos recycled all the things used in movies and the ruber props were going to be cut up and melted and remolded to other things. Anyway my uncle kept it for 30 years then gave it to my DH and said " I had it for 30 years now you take care of it for the next 30. "
After 30 years we gave it to the Wizard Of OZ musuem in Wammbago, Kansas. So having had that connection with the storyy of OZ DH and I try to see all the current productions of things about OZ. We Loved Wicked.. and so it gives us an excuse to go out on a Date NIght to go out and see them.

Not a lot to talk about so guess I will close this here with well wishes for all and I do hope that you have a really good, pain free fibro day.
Gentle hugs to all, Linda R

dollbug replied to katmandulou's response:
Hello Lou....yep...I am still trying to figure out exactly why we are being *tested* myself...it seems like this has been a *neverending saga*....actually it has been. There has been something going on for a very long time now...none of which is good for the mind or the body.

I have 3 years worth of *things* that my granddaughter will probably never use. As all of the holidays and special events took place when I get my grandsons something I also get *G* something as well. I have a bathroom shower which holds all sizes of clothes, some of which she will never wear now. It is really sad. But I also refuse to get rid of these things as well. I want her to know that I never forgot her during all of this. I miss her so much and love her more than she will ever know.

I have sent hundreds of emails to her...(but they were directed to her mom's email address) I am sure she never got any of them and she probably does not even know that they exist.

It worrys me a lot that she is not in school. The school attorney indicated her records have not been transferred anywhere. Even is she was home schooled the school would have to be notified. I happen to know that the ex is NOT qualified to home school my granddaughter.

My daughter has no idea just why the ex officer is *stalking her*...she tells me it is *reverse stalking*...he is doing it but accusing her of the crime. This has got to stop.

I am in the process of trying to connect the *inside connections* here to law enforcement. I know that they must be something. I spoke to the DMV this week and they provided me with a couple of resources that I can check out. I am now waiting to hear from one of them.

Law enforcement is not allowed just to provide information to anyone who calls in wanting to know who drives a vehicle with the Tag # that they give out...but this is what he stated to my son that he did. He called someone and it was verified that the vehicle belonged to my daughter's DH. There is so much going on everywhere. So who can people actually trust? I am not sure of anyone, at this time.

The Chocolate Lover's Stroll sounds like fun....I do like dark chocolate. I hope that everyone has a good time.

Take care. Thanks for all of the thoughts and prayers.
I do appreciate them so very much.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

missshortyd replied to dollbug's response:
MiMi
I'm so sorry for you (((((((hugs)))))))))

jennagale76 replied to dollbug's response:
Hi all~ I'm Jen from Ohio. I'm not a new member, and I post once in awhile, but lately I feel the need more than ever to vent and connect with others who understand.

I was diagnosed with fibro about 4 years ago, but I think I've had it for a long time. I'm 36 and wonder if I feel this bad now, how will I function when I'm 60? I'm really scared. I also have interstitial cystitis, carpal tunnel, TMJ, vulvodynia, and nerve pain, among other things. My sister was recently diagnosed with MS, and I have so many of the same symptoms, that I'll be talking with my Dr. in March about that. He's mentioned having an MRI done before, but I have the Interstim implant, so no MRI's. I guess now they CAN do a brain MRI, but have to make sure settings are lower.

I've been trying to get off Effexor, and have been tasking 3 or 4 mgs less per day, so as to taper off of it. That may also be why I'm so worried and fed up with this disease. I've done a bunch of research, and one of my theories to the cause of all these autoimmune disorders may be preservatives, toxins, etc. I went vegetarian in Dec, and have also stopped drinking milk and pop. I've cut back on unnatural personal products over the past few years. I still feel like crap. I don't know what to do.

Thanks for reading.
Jen

angelswife responded:
Hi Mimi!
I haven't been on for several days...I've been dealing with a massive flare brought on by all that shoveling. There has also been some stress here, and that doesn't help any.

Husband lost six days of work due to the snow...Today he found out he won't be working at all next week because his student's school is having their winter break. This means we won't be seeing another paycheck until MARCH 14TH, omg...That's almost a full month away!!

I am flaring too much to really panic...actually I can't afford to panic. We are okay on most of the bills for the moment, and the rest will just have to wait. But a month without a paycheck...AAAAACCCCKKKK!!! I'm doubly grateful I was able to get a bunch of dry beans and barley on sale yesterday for 79 cents a bag. We will be eating a lot of both. I won't be grocery shopping for a while now, that's for sure.

So that's been my day...I was really laid low by this flare and I'm trying to ride it out. But I will have to suck it up and get out there with the shovel come tomorrow. We're getting two snowstorms between now and Sunday morning and I have my client to take care of...Now I'm going back to bed!

mnjeepguy responded:
Mimi, we are all thinking of you today. I am sorry things are so stressful. I am a firm believer in karma, people get what's coming to them in life, the good and the bad. I hope things get better soon for your family.

Jen, welcome. This is a wonderful place to be. I am 38 and can relate to your struggles, although mine are fewer than what you are dealing with. I had a hard time with Effexor. Coming off it slowly is the only way. My side effects lasted for 6 months after being off it. I hope it goes better for you than I. Eating as clean as possible is very smart, you may not notice a benefit from it but if you reverted to your previous ways I am sure you would feel worse. Depression is an ugly word but it is a factor for many of us as. Do things that make you happy. Stress compounds what is already there. I hope you can mininmize anything negative. Keep coming here for support.

I am doing OK, my back is relentless, but I am dealing with it. I have been foggy the last two days. I hope that goes away, but it usually follows me with the shift work.

Take care everyone and enjoy the evening.

Cory

fibroinsd responded:
Goodness...where is everyone today??

Mimi...can't imagine the stress you are under...oh wait..I guess I can imagine it..but I am so sorry you are dealing with all this..I surely will keep you and your family in my prayers...

Jan...so good to see you hanging in there...it isn't easy I know.

me..I just got off work..I have next week off...which means a smaller paycheck this month..but I have a long list of things to get done..so that is good..

The weather here today was nice..not hot ...but pleasant..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
360 of 387 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.