Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday, Monday ****President's Day Holiday ****2/18/2013
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...where it is cold again....24*...but at least we all know that spring is getting closer...as the days pass by. I woke up too early this morning but was able to drift back off to sleep which is good. The week-end was ok...not too much going on which makes it even better.

I kept sweet Alec yesterday but he is sick again...he has a really bad cold. I hope he will get better soon. He is such a sweet little boy and I worry since I do not think he eats enough. He takes spells of this though.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group. Here is hoping each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. I am sure that you will find lots of good *tips and tools* here and good support as well. We, FMers, are here to share what we know and have found to help us cope better with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM. It does take time to figure out just what the body needs. Please remember as well that what works for one may or may not work for another...as for me...I take vitamins and supplements and do other things as well that helps me cope.

Vitamin D....be sure and talk to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked. Yes...I do continue to mention this and I will continue to remind everyone about this as I think it is this important. Low vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good Monday.

Stay safe and stay warm.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

booch007 responded:
Morning Mimi and fmily...

15* here and below zero in wind chill.....YIKES. The burner was on all night!

I had an animal trying to attack my cat downstairs through the window last night, what a noise was going on. I just couldn't go down to chase him....so I used spot lights and opened the door up on the deck to help below.....think I got him. But Holy Cow when I opened the door...Brrrrr. and that was with the storm door closed!!

I am in unusually high pain these last two days....tried to use the board for distraction but didn't really do much. I got a massage on Saturday to prepare for the grands in the night BUT THEY(grands) KILLED ME. They are at a rambuncious age. Olivia was hanging on my neck wanting me to lift her around......(she is 3 1/2) too big for me. They are all activity and dopey brought Easter eggs filled with animal crackers as my THING to play with them. (hide and seek) Madelyn had no idea and was eating the plastic eggs* and Olivia ate too many cookies and I guess was sugar crazy.......punching me and giggling and pulling me.

I swear it was my worst night and I had little power or control to distract them and contain the crazy!.....When they went to bed...I went to bed! My DH was laughing at how beat I was.
Oh man I blew that night and it held til yesterday and even today a higher place of pain is where I am. I love em to death and yeah it near killed me!! (I learn quick though) won't do that again.

I have a huge project here as well that is triggering the pain, though pacing I have emptied 4 closets of chlothes, shoes and debris. A long overdue project and now a construction company will fix the doors and return my son's rooms back to 2 separate closets. I also had to move all my china as the cabinet was lifting off the wall.YIKES and the will restabilize that.

But I know that dishes are a trigger...so I have earned the mess I am in. I have tomorrow off too to rest....I plan on nails and another massage tomorrow to try and put HUMPTY back together again . :0.

I posted the toolbox for the new members as it is so hard to find these days...and no Caprice to move it up in resources...so we have to be proactive....hope it helps someone..

OK...slow day here for sure. The rest of the work is for DH (and he knows it)....We are going to lift the mattresses and get rid of the clutter under the bed and vaccume under there too...WOW

My bedroom is going to be so nice when done . I plan on not putting half of the crap back....

"Change is as good as a vacation" they say! Change it is!!

Take care all, Nancy B

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good morning MiMI, Nancy and to all that follow.

My post will be short as I have to get ready to head out to see my PCP about the worst cold I've had in a long time. Chest hurts, eyes are teary, feel more achy than most days and just feeling run down. I have my monthly back adjustment after the dr's appointment and just want to pass on it, but need to go as my back is also killing me. Along with fibro and IBS I'm a mess.

It's warm here today, cold tonight with rain starting around 5 pm.

I guess that's about all since I am just feeling so flu like. And I thought I had made it thru untouched. And I got the flu shot.

Sending feel well wishes to all, gentle hugs, Linda R

KatmanduLou responded:
Happy Presidents' Day! I debated "apostrophe s" versus "s apostrophe", and the latter won. I think we should celebrate all the presidents, esp the good ones!

Cold cold cold here, we got a couple inches of light fluffy snow yesterday. The sun is shining and ice is falling off the house creating a racket, but the dog hasn't reacted. Maybe I should check her pulse! If it weren't for knitting that afghan, I might not feel warmth.

I'm feeling achy and heavy today. Even with the new meds I'm not sleeping well. Now that Tramadol is a Class III drug, I might never find that "feel good" place again. I see the PA next month, and I'm hoping she can give me something better.

I'm not working today by choice - the "holiday" means I'll be cleaning the too-big clothes out of my closet, and putting them in the wash so they can be donated. I never realized I had so many pairs of slacks!

Have the best day you can possible have,
Lou

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
447 of 521 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.