Skip to content
is this also fibro??
marty500 posted:
this is me again one of the things i forgot to mention is the chest pain it is so bad and my back as well how can you hurt sooo much and not be dying or have a serious illness i just dont know oh and i have a phobia about med so the only thing is ibprophen

fibroinsd responded:
Not being a doctor..and not seeing you ..I cannot tell you what that is or isn't..but I will tell you that there is something that is associated with fibro..that can feel just like that. I had it once..and it was miserable..and now I can't think of the name of it !

If you have any concerns, you should check with your doc and make sure it isn't serious..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

fibroinsd replied to fibroinsd's response:
Costchochondritis..or something like that !! That is what it is called...o.k...just saw your other post..

You describe a lot of things...I assume your doctor has ruled out most other things...

Did they suggest any meds for you?

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

BetteK responded:
Marty, chest pain is not something to mess around with. It could be a heart attack. Not all heart attacks have that crushing, worst-pain-in-your-life experience that any fool would know is a heart attack.

When I was 39, I had this horrible chest pain. It was so intense. It went up into my jaw and down into my arm. Classic, right? Not so fast. This was on my right side, not the left. I called 911 anyway and asked the experts. They sent an ambulance. I spent the next 36 hrs. in intensive care. It turned out to be costrochondritis. My family practicioner sat and talked with me for a long time. He was very upset because a woman a few years older than me had had similar symptoms and not dialed 911. She died.

What my doc told me was that even the "experts" can't always tell what's happening all the time. It's always best to assume chest pain is serious. If you're wrong you had a little trip to the ER. If you guess wrong and don't go, you could be dead.

Take care,

BetteK

booch007 responded:
Dear Marty,

I haven't seen your other note that I remember at this point but I will talk about this one at this time. Chest pain can come from many causes, some of them benign and some important to yor health. It is hard with this diagnosis to KNOW what is WHAT.

I have been in cardiology over 35 years now, and I laugh that I will have my heart attack and will be telling everyone it is just the damn dragon biting me!

Costrochondritis is the most frequently seen issue, but a clot to the lung from a leg can do this as can reflux of acid up into the esophagus give you pressure in the chest.....

One thing to help is to take a deep breath and see if the pain changes.....

IF it gets worse the cartilage from the chest is probably yelling or the lung tissue is inflammed and pleurisy can be the cause. Still needing to see the physician for the right diagnosis and a plan of care.

Chest pain...radiating...going to arm, jaw,back, teeth, elbows etc is problematic for me. The heart doesn't have it's own nervous system per se', it steals from the nerves around it. The back of the heart passes by the nerve to the stomach (vagus nerve) and thus many people complain of nausea, vomit or indigestion with their CP. The front of the heart is the power house of the heart and when it is not functioning right chamber pressure builds up and backs up to the lung....the patient complains of shortness of breath. (we take this symptom so seriously) It is many times in the story to say it sounds cardiac and looking at age and risk factors.

Please don't sit on this, call the office and get seen...they can send off a lab and do a cardiogram to see if you are in trouble.

Costrochonditis also is palpable at the site...taking your finger and pressing on that affected rib ""SENDS you through the roof"".

Be seen...I wouldn't want you getting hurt when this is so fixable these days. (an overnight stay).

Good luck, keep us informed.............NancyB

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
471 of 546 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.