Skip to content
Help
An_250494 posted:
Hello my name is lizzy and im 21 years old, i was wondering if someone could help me. I have been suffering with pain for about 5 weeks now. It started like sharp twinges in my tummy and towards the end my trousers felt too tight, my pain then left my stomach and for 3 days had no pain. I then started having sharp twinges all over my body and am getting muscle spasms especially in my legs. Also when i wear legging the actual leg bit tingles where i touch the leggings. Can please someone let me know if this is fibromyalgia as i keep going to the docs and they think its stress as iv recentlu bought a house but sound like fibro to me! Please someone advise me as im going crazy

BetteK responded:
Lizzy, most docs won't diagnose FM unless you have:

Chronic pain--at least 6 weeks.

Pain above and below your waist.

Pain on both sides of your body.

In addition, most doctors will check for tender points--specific areas on your body that are painful if pressed. (This one may or may not be phased out in future conferences.)

Before you get your diagnosis a careful clinician will rule out a whole passel of other conditions--everything from Lyme disease to MS.

While you are waiting for a diagnosis, why don't you try just standing up and stretching and wiggling your hands every 30 minutes or so just for a few seconds. No responsible employer could object to that. If you're self-conscious, try a walk to the copy machine or some similar ploy. You could just have been in one position too long. Your hands could be carpal tunnel.

Hope some of this helps. Feel free to throw out anything that doesn't feel right to and for you.

Towards better days,

BetteK

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
194 of 211 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.