Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Help
An_250494 posted:
Hello my name is lizzy and im 21 years old, i was wondering if someone could help me. I have been suffering with pain for about 5 weeks now. It started like sharp twinges in my tummy and towards the end my trousers felt too tight, my pain then left my stomach and for 3 days had no pain. I then started having sharp twinges all over my body and am getting muscle spasms especially in my legs. Also when i wear legging the actual leg bit tingles where i touch the leggings. Can please someone let me know if this is fibromyalgia as i keep going to the docs and they think its stress as iv recentlu bought a house but sound like fibro to me! Please someone advise me as im going crazy

katmandulou responded:
Hi Lizzy, and welcome!

FM is widespread pain, not specific. A good doc who knows about FM will test to eliminate some stuff, like MS or lupus. Unfortunately, FM is an illness of elimination - they have to check for what it's not before they decide what it is. Make sure your doc checks your trigger points, and tells you as he/she does it.

There are some good resources in the right-hand column that will help if it is FM. Also check out http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/ . There are some good tips for us, and you have to check out The Spoon Theory - it will help people understand what it's like to be in your body.

Ask your doc check you for Vitamin D deficiency. Sounds simple, but we who live in the northern hemisphere are usually lacking in D.

Stress can certainly bring on pain, stomach aches, and muscle spasms, and buying a house is very very stressful. In my case, stress is also showing up as hair loss!!!

Stick around and see what others say. I wish you the best day you can possibly have,
Lou

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
463 of 538 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.