Skip to content
Help
An_250494 posted:
Hello my name is lizzy and im 21 years old, i was wondering if someone could help me. I have been suffering with pain for about 5 weeks now. It started like sharp twinges in my tummy and towards the end my trousers felt too tight, my pain then left my stomach and for 3 days had no pain. I then started having sharp twinges all over my body and am getting muscle spasms especially in my legs. Also when i wear legging the actual leg bit tingles where i touch the leggings. Can please someone let me know if this is fibromyalgia as i keep going to the docs and they think its stress as iv recentlu bought a house but sound like fibro to me! Please someone advise me as im going crazy

katmandulou responded:
Hi Lizzy, and welcome!

FM is widespread pain, not specific. A good doc who knows about FM will test to eliminate some stuff, like MS or lupus. Unfortunately, FM is an illness of elimination - they have to check for what it's not before they decide what it is. Make sure your doc checks your trigger points, and tells you as he/she does it.

There are some good resources in the right-hand column that will help if it is FM. Also check out http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/ . There are some good tips for us, and you have to check out The Spoon Theory - it will help people understand what it's like to be in your body.

Ask your doc check you for Vitamin D deficiency. Sounds simple, but we who live in the northern hemisphere are usually lacking in D.

Stress can certainly bring on pain, stomach aches, and muscle spasms, and buying a house is very very stressful. In my case, stress is also showing up as hair loss!!!

Stick around and see what others say. I wish you the best day you can possibly have,
Lou

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
485 of 560 found this helpful