Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Tuesday ****2/19/2013 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...and it is supposed to rain today....it is cold right now....though and I really hope it does not rain. I am keeping my grandson today and then I have a couple of really important errands to run. I hate getting out in the cold and damp weather.

I am up too early this morning but the furbabies decided it was time to get up so I really did not have a choice in the matter. I slept ok...just did not get enough of it...of course, as it seems I never do anymore....even if I get a lot it feels like I still need more of it. I do hope each of you restful good though and I hope today will be a good day for us all.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group recently. There is a lot of good support here and I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process to figure out just the right combination of tools and tips that will improve your life....so hang in here and learn all you can about how to deal with coping better with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM.

Vitamin D....I sometimes wish I could should this to the world...that everyone needs to get their vitamin D level checked....I continue to make this a part of my daily post....hoping that new members will certainly read it and talk to their doctor about this. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well. The best part of it is that it is a very cheap fix...but it does take time to get your levels back to within *normal range*, if indeed they are low.

There is still medical research going on about this....as I read new articles every month about something new or different that has been discovered.

That's all folks.

Have a good Tuesday.

Stay safe and stay warm and remember springtime nearing.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

booch007 responded:
Ahhh happy Tuesday all.....Rain here as well, my elbows, hands and toes are talking..."rain is on the way" surprised no headache to go in the mix!

Today is a full rest day, as I was a weekend warrior with the closets and crap we went through (such keepers we are)...

Cleaning is a good thing though. It is amazing to see the closets (all 4 of them) empty. Yet it is another to see the crap all over the house and poles hanging from where ever I could balance one for the chlothes to hang!! It sure looks weird here.

Still in an upper level of pain from the grands*.... But so much better, I am hoping today resets me. I have to find a hairdresser to put me back together. I cut my own hair weeks ago and it just isn't right......so I have to head out. Color and a cut is in order. That will bring my spirit up too.

I have to say "spring is coming..." I see it in the trees and just now i heard it in the song of a bird outside. I am clinging to each crumb I can find.....I NEED TO WALK IN THE GRASS. Smell good fresh air....see green around. I did do the walk through in the craft store to look at the fake flowers for the colors...sending it all to my brain. (I am so tricky). But mood elevation didn't really happen. .

So, my hopes for you all today is to get distracted. Use a project a small trip and get out...use a guest at the house to help you move away from the dragon we are keeping house with. He is a bummer to have as a friend and needing to get away is so important.

Hope the sun is out where you live.........Take care Nancy B

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi and Nancy!
I haven't been on much lately...I've been stuck in a flare for a while and I couldn't shake it no matter what I did. I'm sure all the shoveling and painting didn't help. I finally decided to double my Vitamin D intake, and the flare has finally settled. I guess my levels were low again because I haven't been outside except to shovel.

We are getting rain here later. After that it should warm up a bit. I'm ready for spring! This winter has gone on long enough and I want to be outside and doing things again. I'm so ready for gardening it's not funny. I know it'll be at least another six weeks, though, before I can actually do something outside. But I can dream.

I have been officially out of the brace for a week and a half now. I couldn't use it when I shoveled, and my ankle was hurting worse with it on, so I decided I was done with it. Now I'm in the adjustment period as my ankle gets used to doing things again. My foot is still partly paralyzed, but I'm hoping now that I'm out of the brace that will resolve itself. I just wish I could do something about the swelling. That has been a real pain.

Today will be a low-key day. I spent all of yesterday making soup, and I'm feeling a little more tired than usual this morning. I made a batch of my Curry Ginger Lentil Sweet Potato soup in the crockpot; and I made an even bigger batch of White Bean/Kitchen Sink soup. It started out as white bean soup, but I noticed some of our veggies were getting rather tired-looking, so I threw all of them in as well. Thus, the "kitchen sink" label. I put five quarts of the white bean soup in the freezer, and six pints of the curry ginger etc. soup. Our freezer is nice and full now. That's a nice feeling, especially with Husband not working this week. At least we have something to eat.

I am going to start breakfast...Husband is up now, and is sitting half-asleep on the sofa, staring at the TV, which is off. I want to feed him before he decides to turn it on, lol. Hope everyone has a good day!

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Tuesday MiMi, Nancy, Sharon and to all that follow my post. I hope your yesterday was good and that your today is even better. I also hope the weather where you are is good and that you have nothing sever to deal with.

It's sunny here, the rain we had over night has moved on, but boy did it rain while it was over us! . And the wind was bad too. It's gonna be in the 40's today and tomorrow for day time highs and in the 20's at night. Winter still has a foot hold here. But I can see many of the tress here are getting ready to get leaves and the plants are getting their green on! So it won't be long here. We should have 3 more weeks of cold and then it will warm up and look like spring here. But there are early signs everyday that spring is nearer and nearer. Yea Spring I am so ready for you

I'm still draging from what ever this is I've got or better put, that's got me. I know I've got a fibro flare going as well as this lite stomach/ cold bug. I was just to sick to go to the doctor yesterday. ( that sounds so odd ) but I may just pick myself up and go today if I don't feel better by noon. I know I need a shot, the last in a series of three, but just feel to worn out to get over there and get poked at.

If I manage to get out the door today I also need to stop @ the Tea Shop and get some white tea. I love green, black and white and can always find the green or black teas, but can't always find white so I have to go to the tea shop to get the white tea, Whole Foods carries it, but it's 20 miles away. I was told white tea is much better for you than the green or black, easier on the stomach too, but since it's the young leaves of the tea plant it costs more to pick, pack and ship some stores don't carry it.

Okay, really nothing to add here. So will close this with wishes for a good day everyone. Feel well.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

fibroinsd responded:
Good Evening..

seems like a lot of this going around..but a slow day here..I just was feeling tired all day. I did get up this morning and check in with my diet people. I was a tad frustrated. I have been really trying to exercise lately and pushing to add more in...but my muscle mass hasn't gotten any better...and my weight was up a pound or two...It seems to go up and down...so not terribly worried about the gain, but frustrated at not getting more muscle built up..

Then off to run a couple of errands...and then home. No work this week so I have some time to myself. I watched a Ken Burns show on the Dust Bowl that I had taped quite awhile ago. Pretty depressing..but still well done...

Now to fix a little dinner..and call it an early evening. I am tired and it is cold and rainy out...so a good evening to curl up in bed...

hope you all get some rest too..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
365 of 392 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.