Skip to content
I am 19 with Fibromyalgia
An_250533 posted:
I was diagnosed when I was 17, after spending days in the hospital having every test there ever was run on me, and I am now in college and am struggling very badly with my fibro. I take Tylenol3 multiple times every day and I am very worried about my liver being destroyed. It is also hard to keep a well balanced diet, as I am living in the dorms, and I try to exercise as much as possible. I am currently going through a flare that just wont quit. It has been about 3 weeks now and my body is swollen and all I do is sleep. I am afraid to ask my doctor for a stronger pain reliever because I am in college and I don't want him to get the wrong idea. Pain killers were not my first option, I have done literally everything in the book and nothing seemed to work so my doctor and I decided to take the pain day by day with a pain killer. Fibromyalgia is hard to explain to anyone and impossible to explain to young people, so I just don't talk about it to anyone who doesn't already know what it is. I am tired of people not believing my pain, my own father doesn't believe me. I would like to know if any knows a way I could ask my doctor for stronger meds without sounding like a drug dealer.

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
485 of 560 found this helpful