Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I am 19 with Fibromyalgia
An_250533 posted:
I was diagnosed when I was 17, after spending days in the hospital having every test there ever was run on me, and I am now in college and am struggling very badly with my fibro. I take Tylenol3 multiple times every day and I am very worried about my liver being destroyed. It is also hard to keep a well balanced diet, as I am living in the dorms, and I try to exercise as much as possible. I am currently going through a flare that just wont quit. It has been about 3 weeks now and my body is swollen and all I do is sleep. I am afraid to ask my doctor for a stronger pain reliever because I am in college and I don't want him to get the wrong idea. Pain killers were not my first option, I have done literally everything in the book and nothing seemed to work so my doctor and I decided to take the pain day by day with a pain killer. Fibromyalgia is hard to explain to anyone and impossible to explain to young people, so I just don't talk about it to anyone who doesn't already know what it is. I am tired of people not believing my pain, my own father doesn't believe me. I would like to know if any knows a way I could ask my doctor for stronger meds without sounding like a drug dealer.

Helpful Tips

Vitamin D level checked ***
I encourage everyone who is having pain problems to ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level......a simple blood test...and so very ... More
Was this Helpful?
214 of 244 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.