Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hump Day *****2/20/2013 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC....and it is cold here and more rain is headed to NC...and it might also freeze...not a good thing for the mind or the body...the high today 48* though and then only 38* tomorrow....I am so ready for springtime. At least we all know though that it is just around the corner.

Here is hoping everyone had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all.

I had a really rough day yesterday....I do not think this issue will ever stop...it is sad when any one tries to redress what has taken place and such as this happens. Laws are made for people to follow, but I guess for some this is not an important factor.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group recently. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process to find the right combination of *tools* that will help you cope better. So hang in here with us and learn all you can about what others have found to help them cope. We are all different and what works for one may or may not work for you but I am sure that there is something that will indeed work you just have to figure out what it is.

Vitamin D...be sure and ask your doctor about this. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Have a good day. Stay safe and stay warm.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!
So much for our warmer weather---I woke to two inches of SNOW on the ground, a howling wind, and temperatures in the 20s. I thought it was supposed to warm up?? Looks like I'll be shoveling today. I wasn't planning to do that, but the money will be nice. I'll be able to get a few groceries.

Not much else to say, really---I just wanted to say hello before I started my day. Aside from shoveling and shopping I don't know what else I'm doing. Husband isn't working this week; and right now he has a cold, so I'm holding off on my painting projects. I'll start them in a couple of days when he's better.

Time for coffee and breakfast...Hope everyone has a good day!

katmandulou responded:
Wonderful Wednesday!

Cold and sunny here in southeastern Mass., 33? and not going much higher. It doesn't seem very windy, so I'll go out this afternoon. We're looking at another snowstorm this weekend, we'll see >how that goes!

I played hooky yesterday and spend the day with my BFF. She's a special ed teacher and loves her work, and vacations are crucial to her physical and mental well being. We got together, caught up, had lunch, did some shopping, then it was 7pm and time for me to go home!

Today is the 10th anniversary of "The Station" nightclub fire in Rhode Island. My brother is very good friends with one of the victims; he was the worst one injured, but he has found the fortitude to go on with his life.

MiMi, stay strong, I continue to pray for you and your granddaughter. I can't imagine what you're all going through.

Angelswife, be careful when shoveling, don't over-do it. Did I tell you I shovel backwards? I'm right-handed, so I shovel the opposite way so I'll go slow and not injure myself. Just an idea to share!

Have the best day you can possibly have,
Lou

fibroinsd responded:
Morning all...

I need to get busy..but can't seem to focus...have to go over to mom and dad's today to take dad to a bank...As soon as I say I have a day off, Dad seems to find something I need to help him with...it is exhausting...

We had a winter storm go through her yesterday and mostly last night...really rained here..and lots of snow in the mountains...and left it clear and cold today..ok...so cold for us...no comparison to the Northeast !!!

My oldest son has been offered a job in Seattle, so looks like he will be packing up and heading out...Sad for us, but I am happy for him...

Mimi...I know how hard these things are...I will be praying for your family...I know what you mean about just when you think that it will end, it seems to go on and on..my heart breaks for your family...

Just wanted to check in..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

dollbug replied to fibroinsd's response:
Thanks cece....yes...you are so right...just when I think things might settle down a bit....something else happens...and what is bad is the fact that we are just having to *deal with it*....I am worried sick about my granddaughter....who is NOT ENROLLED in school...and then my son got a copy of her medical records...she has been sick a lot in the 3 years that we have not been able to see her. She has had a lot of infections (UTI's) and coughing...I think a lot of this has been due to stress.

And now the most recent *saga* with the lunatic that my daughter is having to deal with...I think he has mental issues...and I think we all know what might happen with them...I can only hope and pray that this ends soon.

It has been really hard for me to focus as well. I know what you mean.

I hope things get better for all of us cece...and SOON.

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

BetteK replied to dollbug's response:
MiMi, your granddaughter's UTI's are a red flag. I don't mean to upset you more (as if that were possible), but did you realize they can be a sign of sexual abuse? Your son HAS to follow up on this.

Maybe March will bring a little less madness to your life. You certainly deserve that.

Just know that we are all praying and hoping and praying some more for you and your family.

Just an idea from the top of my head. Is anyone in our group near your grandaughter? Could a call to the state police there help? We have a great untapped resource here. Our shared pain ought to be good for SOMETHING.

Towards better days,

BetteK (in Southwestern NY)

fibroinsd replied to BetteK's response:
Bette K...thanks for your concern for Mimi..but it is such a long story...and believe me, they have done all the things you "should do"...I wish it were that easy...

Mimi...I get so worried every time you talk about this guy w/ your daughter...he sounds so unstable..ugh..and the whole thing with the granddaughter..sure hope you can get some action from the courts soon....my heart goes out to her and to your family..

We will hang in there together..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
188 of 205 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.