Skip to content
New Med Grailse
franr posted:
Hi All
Feeling better but still anixous and still being worked up.I went to pain management MD yesterday for first time and the MD was very sympathic and wants me to go on a pill called grailse which is a derivated of neurotin . I have been on 300mg of neurotin foir years,He said this is a long acting pill made from neurotin. My insurance won't pay and it is 100.00 for 30 pills. I don't mind paying but I am unsure. Has anyone had any experience with this drug. Fran

fibroinsd responded:
Sorry, I don't know anything about this...just didn't want to ignore your post..I hope someone comes on soon with some info.
cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

BetteK responded:
Fran, the drug companies are pushing their new, and possibly improved, versions of old drugs because once the old ones go off patent other companies can market generics. I was on Grailise and didn't notice any difference from regular neurontin.

Did you know that the normal neurontin dosage is 2, 300 mg capsules 3 X a day. That's 1800 mg each day. It's a pain, but a heck of a lot cheaper than Grailise.

Hope this helps.

BetteK

booch007 responded:
I am with Bette...if you have maxed your neurontin and need help then go for a try. But newer doesn't give you anything then a bigger bill.

I say stay with what is working and is within the pocket books ability. Even giving you samples won't be forever and there is no need to switch.

Good luck....Nancy B

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
371 of 398 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.