Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Thursday ****2/21/2013****More cold weather on the way****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...where it is 28* with more bad weather on the way...rain and sleet to arrive tomorrow. I am so ready for springtime. I know that it is getting closer now and I will be so glad to see warmer weather.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good one for us all. Noah is having some quality time with his daddy this morning so I have a break. I am glad also since my week has been very stressful. I need the time to rest. I am still trying to get over a set back on the cold that I had. I was almost well but then things got out of control again and I got sick again...what is the saying...1 step forward and 2 backward? Well...that's what happened to me. So I am trying to nip it in the bud...before it get full blown.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group...I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process to find the right combination of *tools and tips* that will help you cope better. So hang in here and learn all you can about what others have found that has helped them. You should also remember though what helps one person may or may not help you. But I am sure that there is something out there that will work for you as well.

For me, I try different medicines in the beginning but none of them helped me without causing side effects...so I did my own research and have learned which vitamins and supplements and other tools works for me. I have now learned just how to *control my FM pain*...but have found nothing that truly has helped the Chronic fatigue. I am still looking though as I think that must be something that will help this as well.

Vitamin D....I can not stress how IMPORTANT this is...talk to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well. And the best thing is that it is a very *cheap* fix...I take a multi vitamin (source one 50+) with extra D...this is a good brand from walmart. I also take Omegas, Super B complex, Fibro Response or Magnesium Malate (found at vitamin stores) Calcium plus others, as I have other health issues as well. These are the ones which help my FM pain.

Drinking plenty of water every day and watching what I eat plus keeping myself on a sort of schedule...getting plenty of sleep, which is also so very important for us FMers. Learning how to pace, pace and pace even more, with anything and everything that we try to do....so very important...this is now a new way of life for us FMers to cope better.

Thanks to all the FMers here who has kept me and my family in your thoughts. A lot is going on with me, actually just too much to share. I do appreciate all of the concern and thank you from the bottom of my heart. I continue to hope and pray that things will indeed get better.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good day, stay warm and stay safe.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Morning MiMi and to all that will follow. I hope that each of you had a good yesterday and that your today will be a good one as well.

I will make this post short as I am still dealing with a cold and now a fibro flare, again. Fealt really flu like last night and woke up this a.m. with a sore throatI swear if it's not one thing with me it's another! .

It's been cold here too the past two days. Too warm to have sleet or ice but it will be raining. If I used these past two day and cold night's as a way to predict as to wheather or not spring is on it's way ealry I'd say NO. But it is going to warm up so I'm sure my warm spring weather, leaves, plants and green lawns are near. DH will be bringing out the Lawn traactor today and starting it up to make sure it's ready for a long mowing season. Yeah that.

On that note my SIL brought me two packages of passion fruit seeds from Hawaii last Thanksgiving. I planted the seeds in a simi large pot and baby sat it the past 3 months. I had the pot on a dresser where it got light from a grow light. Last week when the grow light blew out I put the pot in a bedroom window. I was totally surprised to find yesterday morning as I went in to give the little sprouts/ plants their water that 14 new plants have come up! Am I totally happy. Can't wait to get them outside where they will grow into beautiful tropical plants.

Okay, not a lot to say today so will close this here with wishes that your day is a good one. That you have little to no fibro issues to deal with and that the weather where you are is not bad.

Gentle hugs, Linda R.

Teelady1 responded:
Good morning, Mimi, LindaR and all to follow!

I don't think I've posted since last week. Actually, I've been feeling pretty good lately (hope I didn't just jinx myself).

After almost 7 weeks of doing some more activity - a DVD workout to do Tai Chi, I think I'm feeling the benefits of it. I am definitely moving better as my legs and hips feel better. The warm up routine before the tai chi moves includes some stretches.

My PCP and Rheumy have often reminded me that exercise should be part of my treatment. So I'm doing my best to keep active and exercise - but there are some days I just don't feel like it.

Sleep has been better and I think that's also a benefit from the exercise.

Wishing everyone a great day with no or little pain - and good sleep tonight!

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. I just finished what I hope is my last run of night shifts. I was supposed to do 4 but was called in a night early so five 12s it was. I made it through, they realy beat my body down. It is good to be home for a few days. Sunday I go back on days for likely 6 days. At least the nights are gone for a bit.

I havn't posted due to my silly schedule. It is just work, sleep, eat, work, doing 12s. I will be very busy with work for a while yet. We have a 7million dollar project that is almost completed. Now we have to make it opperate correctly. I am optimistic, as we have tremendous talent in the mill.

I suffered pretty hard from the winter blues this year. I can't handle the cold like I used to.We hit -23 the other night but now it is supposed to stay a in the high 20s for a while. That sounds cold to many of you, but it is a big jump in the right dirrection.

My wife, boys, and I have been petty healthy this winter. I am greatful.

Mimi, so much to deal with, I hope things get sorted out very soon.

Angelswife, the soups you spoke of sound realy good! I am glad the brace is off for you.

Linda R, I hope you feel better very soon.

Teelady, keep up the good work. I still need to get moving more. It does help a lot.

Take care everyone, sleep well.

Cory

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
188 of 205 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.