Skip to content
When you do too much you pay for it.
BetteK posted:
I spent the day in bed because I didn't have enough sense to quit yesterday. We were getting our taxes ready for the accountant--our 2011 taxes, but it's all right we never owe anything and the accountant files extensions. Anyway, I knew we could finish the job if we both worked together.

Well, you know how that goes. First he had to feed the pigs. Then he had to take the tractor out and feed the cows. (No, he didn't have too, they still had plenty of hay.) Then he couldn't find his checkbook. Then he wanted a certain pen. By this time, I had already totalled up all the household expenses. Being a big softie I even helped him with the farm expenses. (They are on little register reciepts from all over the place. My purchases are all listed on the credit card or in my checkbook--easy as pie. It's a running disagreement.)

Anyway, today every inch of me hurt. I forced myself to take a warm shower. Plastered on 3 Lidoderm patches. Crawled back into bed. Tried to read, but it's hard when you've got double vision. (One of my worst symptoms because I read all the time.) Got out my old eye patch from 1998 when the double vision began. Read with my right eye rest of morning.

Dragged myself to bathroom, then kitchen for brunch of large glass of orange juice. Back to bed and eye patch.

This is what happens when we forget to listen to our bodies. Most of us know how much we can do and what happens when we overdo. Unfortunately, we often forget. Then we pay the price.

I'm pretty good at giving out advice. As you can see, somethimes it's "Do as I say, not as I do."

Towards better days, (Hopefully tomorrow. Ever try typing with one eye?)

BetteK

Take the Poll

When are you apt to overdo and pay the price?
  • If you're doing something you really love and don't mind paying.
  • If you just want to get a rotten task OVER.
vote
View Poll Results

booch007 responded:
Oh Bette...how many times I have paid that piper!! It is a good thing though, as in the end I look back and say "Look what I did.." or :I had just so many laughs"...It took near 3 days to recover from being beat up by the grands last weekend. I have learned that is too high a price, no more jumping on Nana!!

Rest , use your tools and you will get through it. Maybe back as a young chippee right now as I type! Hugs, Nancy B

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
really want to vote twice... I voted that I would do something I would enjoy and suffer the consequences... But I do both just that one much more often... I may over do it to get something done to be getting it done about once maybe but hardly ever twice a week... But I over do something I enjoy much more then that... Sometimes I can pace thru it almost to the end and quit before I do major damage... And sometimes I can't pace at all... Those are the times that hurt major... I wake up my oldest son to wake my youngest son in the morning lol... I can't stand him up to wake him lol... And that is what I usually have to do... lol...

I Don't mind paying tho if I am really loving it... I watch my football... I am a football fanatic... And cheer for most teams but especially for the Cowboys... So on TV... Or computer... I cheer for them... On TV sometimes I get physically active... I have fallen out of bed or the wheelchair... lol... But this last year it only happened once... I am trying to prevent falls now lol... And trying to do more screaming and less action... Even tho my grandchildren keep reminding me that they are on TV/computer and cannot hear me... I say they do but they don't see it lol... Anyway... I won't give up my football but I do sleep thru it and tape it for later lol...

I also don't give up a lot of special time with my grandkids unless I am in really bad shape...

Such Is Life In The World Of Jan...

Take care... Love... Jan/Dakota

RebeccaLAc responded:
Hello,

BetteK, I'd like to acknowledge you for recognizing when you indeed did too much. Sometimes its hard to know when to quit and its a learning curve. Only you can steer your own ship. I think stating your gratitudes for the day before bed is a great way to remember what went well that day. It puts the mind in a different place has you drift off to sleep.

I am an acupuncturist who specializes in chronic pain management and have realized I love helping those with conditions like fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis get out of pain and feel energized in their bodies again.

I'm looking for people like yourself to interview over the phone or meet in person to see what has worked for you, what hasn't, and perhaps see new opportunities for healing. I"m gathering information so I can see how I can best help more people. If you or anyone else you know is interested, feel free to call or email, 415-730-2454 info@goldenpointsf.com

All the best to you and don't forget to use whatever calming practices you have not just once a day, but as many times as you need feel good.

Be well,
~Rebecca Fettig L.Ac.

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
467 of 542 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.