Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Saturday *****2/23/2013*****Damp
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...and I woke up to rain again today....I am so ready for springtime...at least it is going to be sunny tomorrow....so I do have something good to look forward to. I am hoping and praying for a nice quiet week-end....since the past 2 were anything but. I have had a stressful week again this week...I had to do a couple of errands yesterday and DH had a doctor's appt...he was there 2 hours....OMG...I could hardly move later...I have a pillow and I waited in the car...but OMG...doctors do not seem to get in any hurry about appts. He was ready to just walk out.

I did rest pretty good last night but I still woke up too darn early this morning and I woke up with my lower back not feeling like I would hope it would. I am sure yesterday had something to do with this.

I do hope each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for all of us.

I have Harley today...and she is tired of the rain also. She likes to get outside and run and play in the sunshine. She had a restless time last night going to sleep...she was tired but did not want to give it up.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group...I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM. It does take a trial and error process to find the right combination of *tools and tips* ....so hang in here and learn all you can about what other FMers have found that helps them. You should also remember too that what helps one may or may not help you...only you can decide on this. As for me...I have learned how to *control my FM pain* by taking vitamins and supplements and doing other things as well. Using heating pads and Stopain Spray is something that I depend upon...drinking plenty of water each day and watching what I eat it also important...keeping a schedule of sorts also helps...and learning how to pace, pace and pace even more.

I have found that IF I cross the line....then I am in trouble...and it is not worth it...you have to learn though just how much you can do, without doing too much....this also takes time and effort.

Vitamin D....my favorite tip...and I continue to include this in my daily posts...I only wish that I could shout this out to the world...as I think it is just that important...low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well. The best part about this is that it is a cheap fix...I take my multi vitamin with extra D....just to make sure that I get what I need.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good day...stay safe and stay warm.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

booch007 responded:
Morning Mimi and fmily,

Rainy here too. I had some snow last night returning from work, but now is rainy. I too, while waiting for the computer to wake up, was thinking of spring and how desperately I NEED IT.

I can't imagine a life without the season changes but i am tiring of it at this stage....I have seen the buds to the trees so I know it is coming in slowly .

I started a new project at work joining the computers from our private ones to being with Columbia in Manhattan. Going well (I think so)....I am impressed with myself when I learn a new thing and I see I can. At my age and with our issues I always am fearful that I can't do things....

I asked for a headset for myself as working with the insurance companies on the phone is THE WORST for the neck....We'll see how long she takes to get me it.

In better form this a.m. I slept very well last night so things are looking good for the day to get something done. Though if you looked in the house it is such a mess with all the closets chlothes all over ! Poor DH walks around to find shoes...a shirt...pants are where??? HA... It is actually funny!

Well, hope the sun is out in your area, I will make myself busy to not notice this rain and I am getting my foil frosting done later today so I AM HAPPY. new/old hairdresser....hoping it won't kill me $$$. But I need to be blonde.....

Take slow...P A C E and bring it here when you have had enough............Nancy B

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Hi all... A chilly 47 here in AZ.. It has been an unusually cold winter here... outside of no snow here in Mesa it has been cold... For a while I have been saying it is cold enough to snow it should at least snow a little... But then think of all the people who would leave early for the warm air up north lol... Then they would take the cold with them lol...

Those who migrate south for the winter aren't liking it this year... Some of them have complained to me... like it is my fault... Like "I" control the weather just cuz I live here... lol... Don't I wish... I would surely even it out a lot better lol... warmer winters... Well I doubt it... Maybe a snow storm... at least one lol... And cooler summers... So I can at least go outside for part of the summer... At least go outside for the spring... That would be nice... But we get no fall and spring here... Jumps to cold and hot... To cold and hot... I do miss the seasons so very much... I miss the "regular" temperatures... Even when the cold was around 0 and then around 90... At least I could see a snowman and a beautiful snow angel... Did hurt a lot to get back up tho lol... lol... lol... And I could last in a pool longer then 10 minutes before the heat told me to go inside... lol...

Today's high will be 64 at least... Yesterdays was 59... But it felt cold all day... I wasn't out in it much... The one thing I like about hurting and feeling weak and sick is I don't get up much to smoke... We go outside or in the garage to smoke... Both are about as cold but the garage is minus the wind lol...

My pain level was out the window and then out the universe yesterday... And I had to make a special day for my grandson Ethan... It was a rotten day... But he was cool about it... I felt bad... He just kept telling me that he loved me like it was going to cure me... And I must admit it helped a lot... Till he started jumping on the bed... Then our day came to an end...

I am writing a post about something I want a poll on... Not exactly FM related... More life related... Hope some of you will give me your opinion... I would greatly appreciate it... It means a lot to me and I find myself really needing advice from people I trust... That is you for the most part... Thank you in advance...

Hope you are all having a great day... Pain free or as pain free as can be would be nice... I am not in as much pain as I was in yesterday so I am counting my blessings... And thanking God... Still have a slight weird headache... But I will keep ice packing it...

You all take care and do something special for yourself today {and everyday... for you are special...}...

Love... Jan/Dakota

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Sat all. It's sunny here but not so warm. Maqy cloud up some later. I too can't wait for spring. There's hope here as I went out to the back yard yesterday and checked out which trees were budding. Surprise, surprise, my Japaness Cherry Tree, the first of my trees to bud each year, is budding! And OMGoodness the flowers it's gonna have! So in just a week I bet I'll look out the kitchen window and see a armful of blossoms on that tree. I'll be soooo happy. Then DH said look at the peach, cherry and apply trees. And they too were ready to sprout flowers. I am so happy. I can take a few more days/ a week, of cold knowing that here spring is coming quickly.

MiMi sorry you had such a long, and painful, wait yesterday. I too hate that doctor's will cancel your appointment if you are 15 minutes late, but the other way around you have to wait and wait. Not fair. Hope you feel better quickly.

Not a lot to post about. Am waiting for the DISH repairman to come. He called 2 hours ago and said he'd be here around 8 and it's 10 now. Like a doctor I wait and wait and yet I don't get to cancel him.

Will close this here with feel well wishes going out to all. Have a great day everyone.
Gentle hugs, Linda R.

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Hello to everyone!

It has been raining here in north Florida since Friday morning. I thin we have flood warnings out. The rivers are really high. It is warm outside. Close to 70 degrees. I love living here. We do get all four seasons here, just no snow or icy roads. We do every once in a great while get snow flurries.But it rarely ever sticks. Our yards are flooded tonight. My brother teased me saying we now have a house boat! It does kinda look that way. My poor dogs are having trouble finding a place outsid to their business.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. I have been totally lazy all day. I did fix an easy dinner. With it just being my brother and I now, meals are so much easier. My soon to be ex always liked bigger meals. Now that he has moved out things are so much easier for me as far as cooking and house cleaning. I never though being single would be so nice!

Soft hugs to all!
Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

BetteK replied to debrabrooks1960's response:
Debra,

You were talking flood on Saturday. That was 2 very wet days ago. Are you all right?

Maybe it's just me, but it feels like we are a very large, very caring family. The threads are about more than FM, they are about life and living it fully in trying conditions.

Keep your head above water.

BetteK in chilly SW rural NY state

debrabrooks1960 replied to BetteK's response:
Dear BettyK,
Thanks so much for the concern. Luckily my place did not flood. We did have a lot of standing water. But most of that is gone now. We do have a lot of roads that are flooded or washed away. The rivers are still rising so more flooding is expected.
We are one big family here. In some ways better than our own families. Everyone here understands the pain and problems we all are going through. No one judges you or thinks you are faking. I feel so blessed to be part of this family.

Thanks again for caring.
Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
462 of 537 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.