Monday, Monday ****2/25/2013****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily.....MiMi in NC...and rain is headed to NC again....it will be cool today and then tomorrow the rain is expected...good weather though for the rest of the week...spring has to now be just around the corner though...as we are about to get into March in a few days.

Here is hoping each of you had a good week-end and I hope today is a good day for us all. I slept ok last night but woke up too early and too tired. Some days it seems to be worse than other days...and I have no idea why. At least we had a peaceful week-end. I hope this continues.

Noah and Alec were in a good mood after lunch yesterday...they sat together in the recliner and played a game on my older son's computer. The boys love their uncle and he lets them play on the modern technology toys. He keeps these updated and has the most recent tools to work/play on. I love these little boys...they are the apples of MiMi's eyes. Alec had to X off the days on my calendar and then marked everyone birthday.

Welcome to the new members who have joined us recently. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. It does take time and effort to figure out just what might help your pain...so hang in here and learn all you can about what others do to ease it. There are no quick fixes with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM.

Vitamin D....be sure and speak to your doctor about checking this...which is important to a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Have a good Monday....stay warm and stay safe.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

booch007 responded:
Morning Mimi and Fmily,

Snowed last night as a surprise....we were out at a 50th birthday and the car was frozen ...I hate surprises. But the roads were OK.

I AM SO READY FOR SPRING. To tell you how ready, I woke up this a.m. and laying in bed I thought I heard at 4am (soon to be 5am) the morning songs of the birds...though distant they seemed...

"well to make you laugh...it was the squeeky dried out NOSE of my husband making those "distant" sounds!!! L O L....

When I realised it I couldn't help but giggle and turn over....crap, here I am listening with such need to hear spring that I am grabbing the sounds from a NOSE!!

Today has nothing on the roster and I am itching to be at work to continue the chart loading....but I will KEEP my BUTT HOME as 4 days is enough and they are long days each. 9-10 hours. So I go tomorrow. I will find something to do. With the house in all disarray(sp?) it is hard mentally to be here...trapped in spots and confusion is everywhere.

They start next week and I could do the painting IN the closets to get it done. Though easier if I wait til the doorways are open more.....we'll see. Maybe I could hunt for the paint in the garage and get it in the house to warm and get the horses I need to paint the new bifolds....see as I talk i think of things.

The "wellness time I have is limited so I am looking from now til 1pm or 2pm only then I need to rest after that. So we will see.

Hope you find a project for the day, a chore to chip into or a nice distraction to get your mind off this mess we are in.
My best med is distraction and it is free.....not hard to swallow and has no side effects!! (well unless the project and distraction is beyond your reach!)

Have a good day all........one foot in front of the other...

Nancy B

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi and Nancy!
I haven't been on much...Husband was out of work all last week and was glued to the computer when he wasn't glued to the TV. I spent my time using the crockpot, tackling various cleaning projects, and even doing some crocheting. I am beyond ready for winter to end and it's not happening.

This morning the weatherman cheerfully said that TODAY will be the only day we see the sun until sometime NEXT WEEK. UGH...Even with the extra Vitamin D I'm having a hard time keeping the blues at bay. Some days when I wake up I have no motivation at all, and I have to force myself to get out of bed. There's just nothing worth getting up for, it seems. I've been using all my tools to keep the blues to a minimum because I really can't afford to get stuck there. I need some good gardening time to get my spirits back up.

We're getting snow tomorrow night, mixed precipitation and rain on Wednesday, periods of mixed precipitation Thursday and Friday, and maybe snow over the weekend. The weatherman also said that March's weather pattern is going to be more like January, aack. How can he be so perky when he says that spring won't be coming any time soon? I wanted spring a month ago!

We are still dealing with the financial challenges. They are becoming part of the woodwork, so to speak, because we can never seem to get free of them. I don't know if that's good or bad, lol. The frustrating part is, I can't do the little things I'd like to do, like mail my packages (no postage), visit my aunt in the hospital (no parking money) and get a haircut. Our checks are spent before we get them. But next month should be better then this one. There is always something to look forward to.

Not much else to say...I need to grab some breakfast and decide which project I'm tackling next. Hope everyone has a good day!

katmandulou responded:
Good Monday to you all!

We in southeastern Mass. missed the storm that was supposed to dump another few inches of snow on us. We got mostly rain Sat and Sun nights. This morning there was an inch or so on the trees, DH had cleaned off my car so I could meet with a friend and catch up. I'm trying to keep up with friends; you never know what opportunities are out there until you ask!

DH and I had a lovely Valentine's dinner at a local restaurant Sat night. They prepare a maple-glazed grilled salmon with roasted walnuts - yum! I was able to fit into a suit I haven't worn in years thanks to the weight loss. I'm still tracking calories so I can maintain my thin self!

MiMi, enjoy the boys while they're little, all too soon they're grown and move away. I love my sister's granddaughter, she'll be 2 in a week, and is the apple of her eye!

I can't wait for spring either, Nancy, but I certainly can do without the rain; it brings mold with it, and makes me miserable. When I hear something in the middle of the night it's usually the dog, downstairs. DH doesn't snore as much since he lost the 85#!

Angelswife, I hope this new year (OMG, is it still new?) brings some prosperity for you. I'm looking into selling some knits, we'll see how that goes. I'll bet you can't wait to get out to the gardens!

I wish you all the best day you can possibly have,
Lou

dollbug replied to booch007's response:
OMG***Nana B....funny story about the *birds singing* or so you thought...actually I wanted to comment about this...as I did hear one morning the birds singing outside...perhaps they were just passing through. On sunny days I do see a lot of little birds...looking for food. I bought a 40# bag of seed this past week-end. So I am ready to start feeding them.

I also have to clean out the blue bird house....I want DH to move it this year...to put it in a better place, with some shade for them. I also bought some blue bird food. So I hope this will help them out some. I love to watch them go about their days.

I have been *stressed lately* due to the lunatic that my daughter is dealing with. I could hardly believe that the *judge* fell for the *LIES* that he told. There is so much going on in courtrooms that I think judges DO NOT EVEN HEAR what is being said. It is sad when a person just gets caught up in the system. But this happens a lot. So many *innocent people* going to prison for crimes that they are NOT GUILTY of.

Anyway...I think soon this will surely stop...do not know what else can happen.

I hope and pray that Thursday brings GOOD NEWS about my granddaughter...I guess we will soon know.
This is about to become a *FEDERAL ISSUE*, if the ex does not show up in NC Court with her.

I hope you can enjoy your time off.

Have a good day.

MiMi

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

dollbug replied to angelswife's response:
Hello angelswife....I am so sorry that you are not feeling better....I hope spring is soon here too. I think we will all feel better once we can get out of the house and feel the sunshine.

I hope things get better for you soon.

Just when I think things are going to get better, something else happens. So yes, I do know what you are referring to. Surely things will indeed improve for all of us.

Take care and I hope you will have many good days ahead of you soon.

MiMi

dollbug replied to katmandulou's response:
Hello Lou....I do enjoy my grandsons...and love them so much...they are so sweet...I have missed my granddaughter so much. I continue to hope and pray that soon things will change with this issue. It is sad that I found out just how sick she has been in the past 3 years..and I think she has been exposed to so much more than we even know. I am sure she has changed a lot in 3 years.

Our hands have been tied though....as there is nothing else we can do. We have tried to do what is *legal and lawful*...and sometimes that does not work out either.

I think that the ex's lies have finally caught up with her...and so she decided to run. This is why she took my granddaughter out of school.

Sounds like you had a very nice Valentine's dinner.

I hope spring will soon arrive and that we will all feel so much better.

Take care.

MiMi

mnjeepguy responded:
Another late post, but I made it here. I hleped the DW through an orientation quiz for her radtec program. She has all of her generals done and starts the 2 year clinicals in August. Once coplete, if jobs are available we will be in a better place. We are doing fine for now. I worry every day, wondering how long I can be the provider I am. Some days I feel strong and full of energy, but instead of that being every day now it is a rarity.

I was tired all day at work and I am hurting. It makes the day a heck of a lot longer. I was fortunate however, that todays work wasn't bad. I was able to be outside for part of it in the sun and almost 40 degrees.

I finally was able to make an appointment with my massage therapist. My back is a train wreck. She is still booked two or three weeks out, but worth the wait. She is a very good therapist that askes a lot of questions.

The weather is crazy. We are getting less snow than Kansas this year. It worries me. I think it will get worse before it gets better. I think mother nature is cranky.

I hope you all have a good day tomorrow, as I probably won't have time to post until late. Take care everyone.

Cory

fibroinsd replied to mnjeepguy's response:
just wanted to say "evening" to all..I am tired tonight..going to bed shortly..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

All_is_One responded:
I have an interesting position as to origins of pain. Most of the time, physical ailments are the last manifestations of problems within us. Sometimes, mental and spiritual issues can actually cause physical stress, which in turn can cause physical pain.

Whether that is true or not, I propose an option for all of you. Try to include five to fifteen minutes DAILY of meditation.

I would recommend the kind of meditation where you sit, stand, or lie down in a comfortable position for the length of time of the exercise, and then try to still the racing thoughts within your mind.

This is easier said than done, but from my own experience I have meditated daily for months now after having taken a hiatus from it, and it is truly life changing.

This practice done daily has cumulative benefits, and the extreme de stressing this Silence brings cannot be over exaggerated!

Sorry this is so long, but I was led to post this here as I can sense the weight each one of you carries... the daily grind, as if we were a machine piece... a cog in the wheel of "daily life".

The moment contains all things, dark and light... be one with the light.

Blessings to all!