Skip to content
Guinea Pig
An_250631 posted:
Diagnosed 3 years ago, on and off of many drugs, found something that works, fentanyl patches, oxycodone for breakthrough and Lyrica. Dr and I decided together to lower the oxycodone dose, and I am SUFFERING! Normal pain, fatigue and now increased joint pain, especially in my knees, feeling lots of anxiety and crying easily. It's been 3 weeks since I tapered down the dose, so the Dr. Says I shouldn't be feeling any of this. Advice?

BetteK responded:
An, won't your doc return you to your previous dosage? If not, check out all your meds to see if any are NSAID's. If not, try some aspirin or naprosin for your joints. (Be sure to take with a WHOLE glass of water and/or a meal to preserve stomach lining.) If you're having joint pain, it may be arthritic. Start with the cheapest, probably generic aspirin.

If it is going to work, you should notice some improvement with your first dose.

Often when you don't want to use a lot of one drug you keep its dosage low and add another low dose med.

I'm sure you'll get lots of other tips here. There are some pretty savy posters here.

BetteK

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
376 of 403 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.