Skip to content
Thanks For "Much Needed Advice" Responses... and more...
dakotaspirit1957 posted:
I am sorry this has taken so long to get back to you... Thank you for helping me with your advice... I finally got the messages this morning... Been busy with the kids and a migraine...

The bump pain on my head seems to finally have let go now I have a migraine that won't let go... My migraine meds do bring it down so the Dr. doesn't want to do more... I am out of my Imitryl which would probably put an end to it but she won't give me another prescription for it... So I ride it out again... I wish Dr's were as smart as me sometimes lol... lol.. lol... Don't you.. lol... lol... lol...

I am back in flares again... MS is the worse... Parkinson's Jerking is next and I am headed to an FM flare for I already have more flu like symptoms and beating the keyboard hurts worse... But my miraculous word program works only without this nasty stutter... Which I am told is a stammer not a stutter... Asked what the difference is... I was told... Stuttering is breaking up and stammering is actually trying to talk too fast... I have had stuttering trouble all my life at times... I can concentrate to deal with it but all the concentration in the world won't slow this down... Maybe they are right... lol... And maybe I just can't concentrate hard enough anymore... lol... I already feel like half my brain is dead... lol... Did I say :HALF"... lol... lol...

This fog has been funky these fine days... I didn't cal my Mom for a week... I call her every day and actually thought I talked to her a lot sooner then that... But according to my phone history it was over a week... Not like me I am the only one out of 5 kids that call her every day... I was shocked to hear she hadn't heard from me... It is greatly important to me to call her every day unless the sound of my voice would only worry her more... I set a daily alarm now to call her... How sad I can't remember even her any more...

Can I be so absent minded at 55... {Well... I do sorta remember... I am 55 and turn 56 in May... Only because my first born turns 36 tomorrow.... Sorta dates me} lol... Is it all my illnesses or the meds... Or simply because TV and books aren't stimulating enough lol... I find self help books to be stimulating and Steven King even more stimulating... But I do have to re-read chapters by the dozen... Do any of you have this trouble sometimes... It is simply driving me crazy... I read like a race horse... Love my books... Started to build my collection again for after I have a harder time hearing/go deaf... Have to have something to replace the stimulating TV... Listening to TV and being pestered by grandchildren is one thing lol... Reading captions thru grandchildren pestering you is another lol... Don't you think lol...

I am also looking for something that throws more light then my angels that light up and change colors... like the tree toppers... I need it to relax with... If I put them all together they light up the room better but I like them to circle around me... I want something like a soft fading light to take the place of my music... Any advice... I can't seem to think of anything... did think of stringing Christmas lights tho lol...

Well,,, I have rambled enough... Love to you all...

Just found out... I lost another friend today... An accident early this morning... They think he went quick... Don't forget to tell your family and friends how you feel about them... You never know when it will be too late...

Take care... Love... Jan/Dakota

katmandulou responded:
Jan, I just want to wrap you in a blanket and hug you and tell you it'll be ok. This looks like such and awful time for you, and you need strength. I'd make yo a nice cup of tea, maybe a big bowl of oatmeal, and listen to you all afternoon.
((( hug )))
Lou

dakotaspirit1957 replied to katmandulou's response:
I would rather a hot chocolate unless I haven't drank too much coffee yet lol... And thanks for the Oatmeal... MMMMM... Just like Mommy made...

I feel all your support and know that sitting here is like a big coffee/tea party... I just feel great helping and even greater emptying out lol... And knowing there is someone out there like you...

Thanks... Love you Lots... Jan/Dakota

BetteK responded:
Jan, my sister-in-law has those little clear Christmas lights going all year. She intertwines them with a garland of plastic flowers to light her stairway at the foot of the rails. Pretty. She has them on her mantle (changing other decorations with the seasons) and under her upper kitchen cabinets. It's soft and very pleasing, especially if you can't sleep at night.

It is so hard to lose a friend. It's like losing a part of your self. I think the hardest thing for the very old is not having anyone who remembers way back when. When my husband's last aunt passed away, his sister turned to us and said, "You, know, we're the older generation now."

Oh, how I wished I had listened to more stories of my own mother's life growing up as a sharecroper's child. (Yes, there were sharecroppers in NJ during the 20's. It was a way to put a roof over the heads of your 12 children and to feed them.) It's so little to give, a little of your time. But time, of course, is the one thing we can never do over.

Off line Tues. and Wed. HughesNet is beter than dialup until it snows on the dish.

Towards better (nonflare) days,

BetteK

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
465 of 540 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.