Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Lyrica and Other Medications
MarFran posted:
I'd like to know how many of you have tried Lyrica and if it has helped you at all. After I first saw it advertised a while back, I asked my doctor about it and it wasn't recommend for me because of all it's side effects since I'm prone to getting all the bad side effects to every medicine I take and don't do well on most medications. Dealing with the side effects can be worse than my original ailments. I even tried a Vit. B-12 shot for my extreme fatigue, but after the first shot I reacted so severely that I wound up in the ER with a horrible case of vertigo, possibly as a reaction to the dye in the injection solution, according to my rheumatologist, who told me there was nothing more he could do for me. The only thing I can do is continue to pace myself carefully and rest and relax, avoiding stress as much as I can. I try not to overdo things with too much physical or mental activity, but it's hard to know how much is too much and I wind up paying the price for too much activity the next day or week. My state of well-being is so unpredictable, and that's one of the hardest things to cope with when you want to have a normal life. I had to go on Social Security Disability because of my condition and give up working, but I'd still love to find some way to work part-time to have some income since Soc. Sec. (retirement now) isn't enough to live on.

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
365 of 392 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.