Lyrica and Other Medications
MarFran posted:
I'd like to know how many of you have tried Lyrica and if it has helped you at all. After I first saw it advertised a while back, I asked my doctor about it and it wasn't recommend for me because of all it's side effects since I'm prone to getting all the bad side effects to every medicine I take and don't do well on most medications. Dealing with the side effects can be worse than my original ailments. I even tried a Vit. B-12 shot for my extreme fatigue, but after the first shot I reacted so severely that I wound up in the ER with a horrible case of vertigo, possibly as a reaction to the dye in the injection solution, according to my rheumatologist, who told me there was nothing more he could do for me. The only thing I can do is continue to pace myself carefully and rest and relax, avoiding stress as much as I can. I try not to overdo things with too much physical or mental activity, but it's hard to know how much is too much and I wind up paying the price for too much activity the next day or week. My state of well-being is so unpredictable, and that's one of the hardest things to cope with when you want to have a normal life. I had to go on Social Security Disability because of my condition and give up working, but I'd still love to find some way to work part-time to have some income since Soc. Sec. (retirement now) isn't enough to live on.