Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
FIBROMYALGIA NETWORK CLOSING DOWN
BetteK posted:
Today, I got a yellow postcard from Kristin Thorson announcing that the Fibromyalgia Network is a thing of the past. I am sure that many of you have eagerly awaited this marvelous publication and will miss it horribly. This was a source for everything from the latest FM research to self-help alternative options. And it did it all without any advertising.

Unfortunately, this change is brought on by a worsening of Kristen's neurological symptoms. We will miss her, her publication, and her constant advocacy.

Our site here is wonderful, our friendships and support invaluable. However, few--if any--of us can watch all the myriad research that is finally happening in FM. Kristen did it all. She was ever a spokeswoman for all of us, urging, prodding, following trends, and making sure that we are not forgotten by the NIH, the big PHARMAs, or by individul academic researchers.

Kristin, we will miss you. We owe you. Big time.

BetteK

Take the Poll

Have you ever seen the Fibromyalgia Network?
  • Yes, I've subscribed for years.
  • Yes, I've had a few issues.
vote
View Poll Results

BetteK responded:
OOps, I don't know what button I pressed, but the survey needs more option. I'll try again.

bjjazzy responded:
it was a good magazine, told me everything new and up to date, too bad it's gone, I also used to call the 1-800 phone number to them and she used to answer all my questions about fibro and every time I got or had a problem with any new drugs I tried for it.

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
462 of 537 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.