Skip to content
Hand felt like I burned it.
An_250762 posted:
Last night when I showered all of a sudden when the water hit my right hand it felt like my hand was burned, like I had previously grabbed a hot pan or a curling iron..except I hadn't. It lasted most of the night. Is this a normal fibro issue. I have other pain and my clothes bother me off and on, but I have never felt the burning sensation before.

katmandulou responded:
Hi AN:
Did you whack your hand on anything? Using anything new in the shower?

Usually, FM pain is more widespread. When I flare, it feels like my whole body is on fire,m so I know that burning feeling. I'm not saying it's not FM related, but it doesn't sound like it to me.
Lou

dollbug responded:
Hello....MiMi in NC...in the beginning when I was having major issues with both hands....(carpal tunnel)....I would have a lot of *burning sensations*....this continued until I fell and broke my wrists, at different times, thank goodness. ...first it was the right one and then it was the left one. Each time I did a good job with breaking it. The burning sensation finally went away once I completely recovered. The doctor had to put both multiple pins and plates and screws in both hands.

I would suggest that if this continues for you....to try either hot wax therapy or soaking your hand in epsom salts to see if this will help you....you could also try the *STOPAIN spray*....which is good stuff.

I do think that the burning sensation might be related to FM. I also had some in my elbow as well. Eventually I had right elbow surgery too.

I do not know if you have had your Vitamin D level checked or not....but if you haven't I would suggest that you speak to your doctor about doing this.

Take care and good luck.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
473 of 548 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.