Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Thursday *****3/7/2013 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...and it is cold and 35*....boy was it cold yesterday, with the wind blowing all day. Not a good thing at all. I am so ready for spring. I know that we now have it down to less than a month. I just hope it will get warmer soon and stay this way, without bringing on the hot, hot weather. I can always wish and hope. It seems like this is the only way these days.

So much going on around the world....one has to wonder when and IF things will get any better....very strange and weird things....I continue to think that perhaps everything happens for a reason....it is just that some people seem to have more burdens than others....I now understand just how such as this can happen. It just depends on what some people are allowed to get by with.

Life is not fair at times....regardless of what some people think. Had someone told me that we would be dealing with so much back a few years ago....well....I would have said *no way*....so one never really knows what may or may not take place.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group....I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. It does take time and effort as there are no quick fixes that I am aware of. If you have found one, please share it with the rest of us so we can try it as well.

In the meantime I would encourage all new members to be sure and speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked, which is important these days for a lot of people. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

New members can also find some good info here under *tips* and *resources*....and be sure and read the *member toolbox*....we understand what you are dealing with and know just how hard things might be....but please remember that as you learn more about the wrath of the dragon, aka FM, the better you will cope, so hang in here with us. It will indeed get better for you.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good Thursday. As for me....I can hardly wait until Friday.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Thursday MiMi and to all those that follow. It was cold here yesterday as well. And I really felt, I hope, that last blast of winter temps and am ready for 70's that are due here this weekend. DH and I plan to put the plants out now that the day time highs are getting into the 60's but will cover them each night until the over night temps get warm enough for them to weather the weather. I am so ready for spring and summer temps. I can't wait to be out of doors again and I promise, I do this each year, not to complain that it's too hot or muggy. But this time I really do PROMISE.

DH is home for his once a month long weekend and he plans to go get the / his, new smart, passive 3D, flat screen TV after he gets home from his bi yearly dental cleaning this a.m. I will be so glad to have it bought, up and done with. It's been nickling a dime ing us for weeks. I will be glad, soooo glad, to have this project behind me. Can't tell you the hours that man has put into researching which brand was the best of the best. And I do mean hours! :- And the price of the TV kept going up after each online search. From 1,000 when he first strated the room remodling up to 1500 plus tax as of last night. Since I'm writting the check I asked him to PLEASE land @ one price long enough for me to catch my breath. It's @ 1350.00 as of this a.m. Fingers crossed he stays there. I shutter to think what will happen when we get to the store.

Speaking of checks I got the check mistake, I HOPE, finally cleared up @ the SS office, but OMG the hoops I had to jump thru get it done. And they kept telling me the whole time how they were sorry about the mistake, but I've made 5 trips to their office to take care of someting I had thought was taken care of with the writing of a check for the over payment way back in July. And each trip down there they assured me they would not be bothering me again. They lied!! Was called back in 7 weeks later when they addmited they LOST the first check and I wrote them a second check and again they said I wouldn't be bothered with this again. My second check cleared the back in 7 days way back in September so I thought Matter done. NOPE, because guess what, ??, they found the first check and tried to cash it and because I was told to cancel it and write a new one, it of course bounced, so they went after DH for the money! :- Cause his name was on the check too.

Okay need to get up and get ready for the trip up to Cool Springs to buy that TV. So will close this here with gentle
<<<< HUGS >>> to all.

Lou hope your yesterday went okay and that everything is A OK, and angleswife I hope your headache is gone and that your going to be okay with the weather coming @ you. MiMi, now that the court dates are behinde everyone there I hope you get a long rest from any stress. : )
Have a great day everyone.. Linda R

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Hi All... Well... I finally am impressed with my Pain Management Dr... She finally did something totally out of character... last month I was ordered by the state to give a piss test to them... Due to my digestion problems my meds don't show up in my piss tests most of the time even tho I take them religiously... Anyway they didn't show and the state said no meds... She and my gasteroentologist have appealed.. And without an answer from the appeal she wrote my prescriptions out... Which puts her license in danger... I hated to take it from her... But she insisted that she will hear from the appeal and it will be in our favor... And she has the right to treat me as long as it is in the appeal... So I said a prayer and left...

Then I finally got a call about a Dr to give me an epidural... So I called right away... I thought it was great news... However it might not be... they don't treat FM... I am not asking to have him treat my FM... I have deterioration of bones and herniated discs and muscle and nerve damage in my neck... I want that treated... They don't want to do surgery... So at least give me a chance of a break from the pain... Facet shots don't work... And if he will do a series of epidurals I am ready for a lot less pain... If I flare I can quit... But give me a chance... Please...

I am waiting for another phone call about my tens unit and my walker with a chair... That is suppose to come this afternoon... My Dr. was yelling at her staff who finally admitted to neglecting in getting right on it and staying on it... I got one phone call already and hopefully the 15th I will be told he will do the epidural... If not I may have another 6 month wait... lol... Now to get the other one... lol... I am not holding my breath... I might suffocate lol...

Gotta go in and have my tegretol level in my blood tested... I need to up the dose and have to check the level before I can... So... I have to go...

You all Take care...

I am going to write a post later I hope lol... It is something important to me... Something that seems to be happening a lot with my FM... And I want to know if I am the only one... I will try to write it now but I don't know if I will have time to finish it before I have to leave... Just please watch for it... Please... Thannks...

Love... Jan/Dakota

BetteK replied to dakotaspirit1957's response:
Jan,

Sounds like your pain doc is a winner. We need more like her. It sounds like you are going to get at least some of the things you need fairly soon. That's great.

Wouldn't it be great if there were a reliable fix for spinal arthritis! All of this pain just ramps up the FM. It's a vicious circle. We have FM which makes us hurt more. We have arthritis which sensitizes more nerve endings. Then the FM kicks in and those sensitized nerves get amplified.

I fully believe that if we could tackle our individual symptoms one by one and get them under control, we'd be able to tone down the FM. It won't happen if we keep adding more pains and problems to the mix.

I'll be watching for that post.

BetteK

mnjeepguy responded:
It is hard to fathom what you all go through evey day. I am humbled my what many of you have to deal with. My hear t goes out to you.

Today was a sunny 30 or so degrees. I woke to a chilly 14, but it warmed quickly. I went out to tinker with my Jeep. I had to put new shocks in the front. Not exciting at all, but my neighborhood ferrel cat was playfully chewing and clawing on my Carhart pants while I tried to work. I was laughing and reeaching for my Iphone in my pocket while trying to turn wrenches. I couldn't stand within 20 feet of him a year ago, now he loves me. My wife says I am the cat lady, LoL. I guess animals like how I treat them because they follow me all over the place.

After my time outside I had a kind of rough day. Pain is still high, but tollerable. My back is still cooked I called in a script renewall for Flexerill. It allows me to sleep and not be affraid that it will blow out when I get out of bed.

I was able to visit with my twin brother tonight. Many of you do not know I am an identicle twin. We share a lot of characteristics. We had a nice visit and I was able to meet my latest nephew Holden. He is a cute little 6.6lb package.

That is all for now, sleep well gang.

Cory

dakotaspirit1957 replied to mnjeepguy's response:
MNJEEPGUY... a new nephew... what a delight... a girlfriend of mine is due any day now... I am just waiting for the call... Knowing them they have had her and left me out... But they don't deal well now that I am sicker...

You sound like you are doing better... I hope so... Hang in there and don't over do it... Keep those animals busy... I too am the neighborhood animal gal... they go missing they look here lol...

Take care... Love... Jan/Dakota

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
461 of 536 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.