Skip to content
Tuesday *****3/12/2013 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC where it is damp....and my body feels it too....not a good thing for the mind or the body....to wake up and be in pain...my lower back is screaming at me...I guess I road too much yesterday....sure did enjoy the pork chop sandwich though...and enjoyed the time just looking around at the Christmas shop...I bought 3 hula hoops for the grands...hopefully this will give them something to do when it is nice enough to go outside and play...3 different sizes and 3 different colors....I remember when I was younger and tried to play with them. It is a challenge for most.

OK...so it is going to get up to 64*....so maybe the rain is going to be shortlived...(I hope anyway). I am so ready for springtime...with lots of sunshine and warm weather...not hot though...just warm sunshine to enjoy....along with getting the extra natural Vitamin D that we all need.

Still no word on my granddaughter and what is going on with this. I can only hope that something will pan out in this situation....I have a feeling though that it is not going to be a good thing. I guess we will have to just wait and see. Kidnapping is a serious thing.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. It does take time and effort...as there are no quick fixes that I am aware of. If you indeed find one, please share this with the rest of us....as we are all looking for anything that might improved our daily lives...sometimes it takes something simple which might make a BIG difference...I love hot showers using the lavender bath salts which help relax my body....and the Stopain Spray as well...anything to decrease the pain that we all feel.

Vitamin D....so very important for a lot of people these days...not only just those who are dealing with FM...I know that my daughter improved her chronic pain by taking Vitamin D and getting it back within the normal range.

Here is hoping everyone had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all.....remember to pace, pace and pace even more.....this is the way of life for us FMers.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good day.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Morning MiMi and to all that will follow. I do hope this post finds each of you in a good place today. : )

It's sunny and bright outside now. Not as warm as I'd like it but after yesterday's dreary gray and rain ( now over MiMi area ), I'll take today's sunshine and cooler temps with a smile.

MiMi I am so sorry that, yet again, your ex daughter in law thinks she can make the rules and breaks the ones set in place for your visits with the grand daughter. UGH just makes one want to ... well you know what I mean. UGH

Just a quick post here to say HI to everyone and wish you all a great, fibro pain and issue free, day. I wish I were without fibro issues and pain today. I feel like a Mac Truck has run me over.. I just ache like no body's business and my balance is off so bad. I'm on my way to my bi yearly ENT appointment. I hope he will listen to me and get some testing done on the new balance and hearing issues I've been dealing with. If he doesn't I'm out of there and making an appointment with Vanderbilt's ENT. I've been sick with ENT issues since July and I'm sick of Migraines.. I know my ear is causing them.. so I want something done! Then it's onto the church and some fun with the seniors lunch.

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!

Haven't been on in a while---there's been a lot going on. I've been letting my creative side out; and I've been cooking, crocheting, playing with my new camera, and painting a new mural in the apartment. Oh, and I also started a blog! This is the link, if anyone wants to check it out: http://queenoftransformation.wordpress.com/

I've been doing all this in spite of a lingering flare and an ongoing sinus infection. The infection is allergy-related; and I've had it for a month and a half. It never really goes away. I got tired of feeling draggy and blue, so I decided I would do things to cheer myself up. I needed to distract myself from all the gray weather and the stress.

Today it's pouring out, and we're under flood watches until tomorrow. I'm making a huge pot of beef barley vegetable soup and trying to summon enough energy to work on the mural some more. I'm turning part of a bare wall into a window that overlooks the ocean. We need something to look at besides this apartment.

At the moment my energy is at zero. My body hasn't adjusted to the time change yet, especially since Husband's alarm goes off so early. The alarm rings at 5:45; and my body is still saying it's only 4:45. Makes it a bit hard to get up, lol. I've been extra tired the last couple of days.

Not much else to say...the timer just rang for the soup. I need to go and season it up so we can have it for lunch. Hope everyone's having a good day!

booch007 replied to angelswife's response:
Good Afternoon Fmily,

Mimi It is pouring here and I have run out twice to get things for this construction. . This is great distraction though!!
Sharon I have seen this creative side on FB...you make me tired watching you and i am busy too.....

I just can't seem to get the crochet done , the hands cramp up ...I am working on an afghan for a loved one though, it will just take forever.....(next winter)

So pacing is the mantra running around me, slow down and take a minute to regroup the muscles I just pushed. I am doing better since my injections, rain not withstanding......

Tomorrow should be my BEST day, usually takes 2 days after shots to have the motor purring!! I am in pure joy with the construction project, they are doing things I didn't even think of. Some things my DH thought of and didn't tell me and they are "repairing" Makes me feel I put him in a corner to say "look this is IT...til we are old and real grey.....Get the place right for resale in the years to come.

I love that the clothes will be organised and all facing the same way : ANAL* I know but even if I just have it for a while. Pants together, blouses together...OH the JOY!

This is spring cleaning before spring! I need to buy a hyacynth to fragrance up the house!! It would do me just fine!

OK: Off to repair the toilet seat downstairs!....you tell me how that happened, brand new and no one uses that unless I have a party....or the cat jumps up on it to drink at the sink. The lid unscrewed itself and the screws are missing????

TOO much...all the little things will be just right!! Hugs to all, Nancy B

dollbug replied to booch007's response:
Hello Nana B....you make me tired just reading your posts....you have so much going on....I do not know how you do all of what you do....I only wish I had the energy to think about things that I would love to have done. The mind and the body....2 separate parts for me.

I have to laugh about the toilet seat downstairs....with the lid which unscrewed itself and the screws are missing??????? OMG....so I have to ask...have the girls gone down there and toyed with it???? So funny, as when my younger son was little....he use to love to take things apart and try to put them back together again....and I think we all know just how this happens.

Perhaps the cat did find a screwdriver hidden somewhere and figured out the process??????? OMG**** it is so GOOD to have a laugh....as my past few months have been so very stressful....so full of things that I CAN NOT CONTROL*****and I think we all know just what this can do to us FMers.

I hope your construction project goes well....I am sure you will be happy when things get fixed like you wanted them.

Spring cleaning???????? I can only dream about doing this.

Remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

Take care. Good luck with your project***

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

booch007 replied to dollbug's response:
Mimi,

IT IS A MYSTERY TO ME...and I can't fix it! I have to buy another so i am getting two new seats as the houskeeper has gotten cleaning agent into the hinges of the upstairs one and the lids sticks and won't OPEN...

Me with the IB I am in there alot and I have to pry open the toiletseat........such issues! I ask for distraction and God gives it to me! HA!

I really can't figure what happened....the girls are never down there...but when I have a party I have MANY..and the seat is up and down top up and down and the STRESS I guess lossened them?? I have never had this happen and I love that seat, made so well............(Yea right).

Crap happens, so today when they are finished.....Hurray..I will run to the Bed Bath and Beyond for a new set of seats!

I am about to start the restructure of the house now. The closets are beautiful.............The china took the cabinet off the wall and when they fixed it, it raised the cabinet AN INCH to the right position,OMG*** so my painting has to be adjusted and I removed wallpaper that was there. I had no idea the weight of the china would do this!! Or had done that. NOT PUTTING IT BACK.

So now it is going to the bottom of the hutches in the dining room........NOT GOING TO DO THAT AGAIN.

This is a P A C E project I turned over 200 peices of clothing yesterday to matching hangers (always wanted to do that) now it will be done. With clear plastic for work clothes (hub and my scrubs...) they turn over so much.

They tidied up a few of my projects from the past where I didn't own a miter saw so my edges weren/t right! So little things are changing too. I did the grout in the tub...it was time. I like that clean and neat as a pin......THAT was a trigger but I faired well with the rest after. After bleach and an open window...I regrouted it last night and IT IS PERFECT. DH used the downstairs shower for now...UNTIL I GIVE THE GO AHAED (he used it too soon the last time and ruined all my work!...

I took a good rest yesterday and I am feeling really good now post shots. I feel busy keeps the devil (dragon) away, so I have to start something without pushing me over the top.....I will figure something out.

THIS WEEKEND will be the warrior start as I can't stand seeing the stuff hanging all over the place......

Hugs to you and all....keep up that chin of yours...you are great and a mentor for those how have ever had to deal with an ex-DIL......(from hell)......Nancy B

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
473 of 548 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.