Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hump Day *****3/13/2013*****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC....where it is 38* and going to get to around 55* today....I just finished my post and it disappeared into cyber space....I guess it was not meant to be for me to share what I did today.

Things have settled down here for now. I am so very thankful for this. It is sad when so much happens which is slap out of anyone's control. So much stress to deal with and so much expense caused by a person who indeed has major issues.
My soapbox of the day.

Welcome to the new members....as I am sure you will soon find something that will help you cope better with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM. It does take time and effort....so hang in there and learn all you can about what other FMers do that might also help you as well. Remember though that what works for one person may or may not help you. Hang in here with us...as we have good support here...most of us have been there done that already and we know and understand just what you are dealing with.

Vitamin D...be sure and speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked....low Vitamin D might make a BIG difference in your pain level....and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

I do hope each of you got a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all.

That's it for now.

Enjoy your hump day.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

booch007 responded:
Morning,

BAck on the computer as there is little else I can come up with to do.....the guys are finishing up and I can't put anything back til the weekend......So here I sit . Not easy for me to sit still.

I slept well last night and had a funny dream about the moon and mars and a comet........the brain is a funny world!! I need one of those dream books to see what that meant*.

Pain is quite low this a.m. "thank you injections" and I am in
P A C E mode...I don't want to get into truble again (well for a while).

When my body hurts to a 8-9 I can find it easy to say...sit still. BUT when I am a 2-3 after meds I have a hard time not wanting to do things......that is what today will yeild. I hope the sun comes out, maybe I can sit on the steps in the sun and pick up VitD and read.....

Mimi, I had written a discussion for Bette and the fmily a couple of days ago and I went back and fixed the spelling, remember how we found that if you touch it after the post button is then grey and won't work...well I forgot and that is what happened....

I lost the post and had no energy to start over...now I have not got the words in me to repeat it! A loss............ Lost posts are no fun.

Sorry it happened to you too.....Nancy B

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Hi all... Some good news here and some not so good for me... the not so good is it is already in the 90's here and I will trade anyone their 50's or lower anytime... I am not ready to hybernate for I can take the cold better then the hot... I am hopping to get some air this morning... According to my Arizona News on my Cox website it is 52 *... I am out here in a t shirt... and pants of course lol... Wouldn't want to give the birds a heart attack lol... Usually have my gown on but {the good news is...} my new walker with a chair is arriving sometime today... Sometime between 10 am and 7 pm... Long wait maybe yet... So I am filled with joy and anticipation... Perhaps this means fewer falls... Today is a good day for it... I didn't dare use my cane for my legs shook worse... My crutches were worse then that and hurt my arms... So I walked very slowly.... Got the coffee on very carefully and carried my computer in a bag... I only had to put it down 4 times thinking I was to fall... But made it without a fall...

Silly to be excited over a walker huh... They said this walker should save me from some falls if only I can get turned ans sit before them... That might be the trick... Still might take a miracle at times but I guess it is worth a try... I can't see life in a wheelchair totally yet... I am not ready to give up walking... Yet the concussions are getting rough on my head... lol...

I also go see a Dr about an epidural on Friday.... I think I mentioned him before... The one I may have to fight with... He doesn't treat FM and usually doesn't touch people with FM... Why send me there... My pain management dr didn't do her research very well... But I said I will give him a look see... Have my MRI's and Reports stating there is physical damage... So all I can do is try not to get upset... And pray... That is probably in reverse lol... I should probably pray first lol...

And my tens unit will soon be in the mail... They are just waiting for the approval of the insurance and they told me there shouldn't be a problem... I hope it arrives soon... I sure can use some pain blockage in my neck again... Actually too bad I can't do 3 at a time neck... lower back... and legs... but I would look like a robot lol... I know I can move it around but I want relief... NOW... LOL... ALL OVER... LOL...

Ok I had my funnies for today... I have been kid free since Monday... Their other Grandparents finally took them... It has been nice and restful... And I took advantage of it lol... They return today but I think them and Daddy are making a 2 day trip out of town today... Then they will be back Thursday night... I think Eddie works Friday morning... I think by then unless I get upset or too excited about my Dr appointment on Friday... I should be ready to play Nany again... They called me last night and told me they missed me...

I am going to hopefully go to my daughters in New Mexico for 3 weeks in June... If I can work it out between Dr appointments... I am sure they will work with me... I want to go see all 5 grandkids and then have 2 of them with me in July when I return home... They will be here for about a month... Hopefully... I am hoping to bring Tristin... The 7 yr old that had the breakdown in school this yr... His psychologist will meet with us a few times and then we can decide... hopefully I can... It will give my daughter a much needed break... He still responds real great to me....

Well I talk too much...

Take care... Love... Jan/Dakota

fibroinsd responded:
Afternoon...I am so so tired today..I need to go stretch and exercise a little..but I just want to take a nap..

Mimi...so sorry about all that is going on...terrible..

Nancy...take it easy..try not to do too much at one time..

Jan...I am glad you are getting the walker..My dad just got one with a seat..and we do have to remind him to turn around and sit down when things get bad..but I think it is good that he knows he has a place to sit...and he has used it often..It has been a God-send..

Well..I will just say hello and hopefully catch up more later.

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Dear FM Family,

So glad to make it to the half way point of the week. I have had a bad week. I have had a tigger point so sore on my leg that I can hardley put wait on my leg. I am limping so bad that I can barely walk. The pain is so severe I am having to take Motrin 800 twice a day. The Motrin takes the edge off. I can barely stand for my pants to touch my skin. I have to be very careful how I sit so my pants does not get tight against my skin. I will be glad when this episode is over. But luckily I am working still. Worse thing is I have to walk almost 1/2 mile just to get to my office everyday and then a 1/2 mile back to my car at the end of each day. At least I do get some walking in each day!
Mimi, I am sorry you are having so much stress in your life. I know things will get better probally when you least expect it to. You are in my prayers.
I finally after 10 months of trying figured out how to put a picture on my profile! I am so proud of myself! I had to get a new computer to finally do it. I guess my old computer was just too outdated to do itl
I hope the second half of the week goes smoothly for everyone.

Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

BetteK replied to debrabrooks1960's response:
Debbie,

It is wonderful that you can still work. I hope that the time between those two walks is wonderful for you.

It's interesting to hear about the pants on your skin. It's amazing how fabrics and garments that used to feel so good on us can suddenly drive us crazy.

I need to wear PJ's with the brushed cotton backs and the silky outsides. The ones with brushed polyester backs itch.
We have enough trouble getting to sleep without squirming around from the touch of a nightgown or pajama leg. One more episode of the 3 a.m. saga.

Great picture, too, Debbie. I haven't even tried with my 5 year old computer. Not a chance!

Hope your walks are sunny and accompanied by soft breezes.

BetteK

Helpful Tips

Vitamin D level checked ***
I encourage everyone who is having pain problems to ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level......a simple blood test...and so very ... More
Was this Helpful?
214 of 244 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.