Skip to content
living with fibro pain for 30 years now.....
Cuyanne posted:
My doctor has run out of things to try for my pain...she has put my on lyrica as a final attempt....can anyone tell me if they had any bad experiences with this drug....the list of side effects is very frightening!

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Dear Cuyanne,
I tried Lyica but had to stop taking it because it made my ankles and feet swell up real bad. I could not even walk because they were swollen. I stopped the med and the swelling went down in a couple of days. What happened to me may not even happen to you. Each person reacts to the same medication differently. I have no side effects from taking Cymbalta and others have very serious side effects. You just have to keep trying new things until you find what works for you. Some use only natural herbs and vitamins. Others have to use pain pills prescribed from the doctors. Good luck with your journey. I pray that it will not take long to find some relief from FM. Please read the tip section and read what others have written that helped them. The heating pad and Stopain Rollon or Spray has helped me more than anything. Hot showers are wonderful too. I will keep you in my prayers.

Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

BetteK responded:
Most of the "treatments" for fibromyalgia are antidepressants of some kind. Over the past 42 years, I've tried them all. Lyrica is one of the many that mad it difficult to start a urine flow. Others here have had bad reactions to Lyrica, Cymbalta, and all the rest.

It is trial and error. Give a drug a chance, but be on the lookout for some pretty unexpected results. With time, chances are that you will find something that works for you with few if any side effects.

Towards better days,

BetteK

KTTURK replied to debrabrooks1960's response:
I am new to this web site; however everything you have mentioned is the exact thing that happened to me, I am so sick of taking MED"S; Why do some people get this horrible pain and other's don't, I have had it for 12 yrs now, woke up one day and could hardly get out of bed, there are some days that are better, but it rob's you of your life, how do you deal with it ?

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
196 of 213 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.