Skip to content
living with fibro pain for 30 years now.....
Cuyanne posted:
My doctor has run out of things to try for my pain...she has put my on lyrica as a final attempt....can anyone tell me if they had any bad experiences with this drug....the list of side effects is very frightening!

BetteK responded:
Cuyanne,

Don't give up. If it isn't a new wonderdrug, it will be a unique combination of some old ones. The point is that things can--and will--get better.

No, the chances are that you won't be pain free. But you will find something that makes it more manageable. Hey, we can all muddle through on a level 3 day. It's when the pain gets to 7 and above that we start moaning and groaning. (Mea culpa!)

Your doctor is just feeling ineffective because she does not know what to do to help you NOW.

Go over the tips section and check that you are doing all the things you know can help you. Sometimes, we get out of the habit of doing something and then forget about how that one little thing helped a lot way back when. Something simple like two warm showers a day.

Once you get over this particular flare and it's accompanying depression (Of course, you're depressed. You're in pain.) Be sure to start a notebook of what worked and what did not this time. Did banishing wheat help? Did the stretching exercises make it worse? By keeping a record, you may be able to find patterns that bring on flares--and possibly prevent future ones. At least, you'll have a list of things to try if you get a bad flare again.

Hang in there,

BetteK

dollbug responded:
Hello Cuyanne and welcome....MiMi in NC...I hope that you have already asked your doctor to check your Vitamin D level....IF not...then perhaps you should do some research on this and ask your doctor about this....low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

I would also encourage you to check out the info here under *tips* and *resources*...and be sure and review the *member toolbox*....as I am sure you will find some good *tools* that just might help you cope better.

It does take a trial and error process to find the right combination of things that might ease your pain.

Take care and good luck.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
197 of 214 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.