Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TGIF******Roll Call****3/15/2013*****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC....and the weather is supposed to be better....I think they said 70*s would be surfacing....so I feel like spring is really now very close...I hope we have a nice spring this year...with lots of *warm* sunshine...not real hot...just nice weather to be out and about in.

I guess tomorrow will be another interesting *Saturday*...since we are supposed to see my granddaughter again...It is sad when things planned do not happen...and it is even sadder when people get by with doing whatever they take a notion to do...some people think that they can and actually end up and do so. Time will tell...time will tell.

I think there is an Easter Egg hunt tomorrow as well...and I think my children are planning to take the grandchildren to this...lots of fun for all of them. I also bought hula hoops for them to try out...so indeed they will have some fun, no doubt.

The board here was really very slow yesterday...I hope this means that everyone is feeling good and are out and about doing other things. I do hope that everyone has had a good week.

I often wonder just what else is going to pop up here....my life is full of a lot of *stuff* going on right now. Just when I think that I have seen it all, well....sometime else happens...I guess it is just meant to be. Never did I think things could get to the point of where they have gotten this far....with so much going on. It is interesting to know just how much people in general think that they can do to others....before it begins to bite them.
I guess part of this is due to just how people were raised? I actually have no idea. I know that I sure raised my children to know right from wrong. But for some people, this is NOT the case at all.

Sometimes people seem to back themselves in a corner with no way out.....and then continue to do *stupid* things.
Perhaps we will all figure out one day just why some things take place. I have no idea.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group....I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. So hang in here with us and learn all you can about how other FMers manage....we are all different though and what works for one may or may not work for you. Only you will know when you have found the *right combination of tools* which helps to ease your pain.

Vitamin D....soon we will all be able to get out and enjoy the natural Vitamin D....I do hope each of you have gotten your Vitamin D level checked and will keep tabs on it as well.
Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well. The best part about this is that it is a *cheap fix*.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it on this Friday in March.

Have a good one.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

pocotaz responded:
Well Hello Miss MiMi,

I am hoping you remember me...left for awhile but decided to come check out things here and you can thank Cece for that...i'm hoping things go well for you and those grands...and I agree with the way some people treat others...it is especially hard when there's children to be concerned about...sending you hugs..................................................It's been a busy and full time for me with health issues of several family members but I keep the faith....I have a great Reumy who listens and works with me...

I am still working with Fibro and will continue to do so as long as this body allows...I find that keeping as active as I can is very helpful...the colder the weather however the more pain to deal with.....and I still take nothing for pain because of the job I do...and I feel it won't help...I also have to be careful with how sensitive my body is with meds...very bad side effects so I try to avoid as many meds as I can and just deal with it as best I can....I rest when I need to ...

I hope all who are new to this can find great help here...so happy to see you MiMi....take care

I am still working with Fibro and will continue to do as long as I can...

franr responded:
Hi Mimi
Hope all goes well for you this weekend. I worked with children as a school nurse for years .It is terrible how adults used children to get back at one another.But having you in your grandaughter's life is a a positive experience for her.I am doig so muchbetter with new MD's and new meds I am so amazed at my progress.We take our health for granted. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Pace,pace. Fran

katmandulou responded:
Hi Everyone - Happy Friday!

Cold and overcast here, 34? and not going much higher. All the snow has melted and plants are starting to poke through the dirt. Daffs came up last week, and I see tulips outside my home office window.

The big excitement her is: I'm WORKING! Not today (there's a stomach bug going around... so I'm home, snacking on Cheerios), but the past two days and three next week. It was a call out of the blue, and I'm grateful. Another client called to see if I was interested in a long-term project - 6 mos to a year - and of course I said yes! My check-ins will be less frequent, but maybe my hair won't need the Rogaine in a little while...

MiMi, I hope this visit with your GD is good and fun for you all. It's awful when one parent uses them as a weapon against the other. It sounds like the courts need to be more closely involved, not pretty but until your XDIL straightens out.

I wish you all the best Friday - and the best weekend - you can possibly have!
Lou

dollbug replied to katmandulou's response:
Hello Lou and congratulations on your job....I am so very happy for you. Sometimes we just have to wait until things get better....but in the meantime it can really be very hard on us.

Yes...I hope we have a good time also....I guess time will soon tell. You are correct....it is sad when one parent uses a child as a weapon against the other....this is exactly what happened in our case. It is sad also that in the process the ex pulled people down to her level also which caused *major problems* with her own family...and it seems like they are blaming my son also for this...which he had absolutely nothing to do with. The ex testified in court that on June 10 (when she and her sister reported false accusations against my son...that she decided that my granddaughter would never be allowed to see her daddy again)....the judge was not happy at all with what she admitted.....as she thought she could be as she pleased regardless of any Cosent Order being in place.

So much took place and involved so many people that none of it is good at all....and it then took over 2 years for it all to finally get resolved. 3 years which can never be regained...I can now understand so much more about just how the Judicial System works and just how innocent people can get *caught up in the system* and can do nothing about it. This is so very sad. I am so thankful that the end did not turn out any worse than it did.

I now have a different view on a lot of *things* NOW....I am sure that some of you can tell just how much this entire issus has affected me....mind and spirit both. The courtroom is supposed to be a place where things are redressed....unfortunately, there are those in charge who do not always allow this to happen.

I continue to learn more every day about just how the *good ole boys and girls network works/OR NOT*....I truly think that for the most part, people do NOT even have a clue...until they have been there, done that or had someone close to them who have had a personal experience with issues...I will be honest with you....I HAD NO CLUE***until all of this took place. This changed my view 360*.

Good luck with your job and check in when you can. I hope things go well with it.

MiMi

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

fibroinsd responded:
Afternoon...

I should have tried to go exercise..but got distracted and never got there...so much going on here..

But first..Linda --good to see you !!!

And Lou..congrats on the job ! Awesome news..

And Mimi..I will say a prayer that things go ok tomorrow..

Well..let's see if I can catch you all up on me..Seems like I haven't had time to say much..but I filled out papers to go back and get into a program for special ed..I would like to do it..but it is an evening program starting in the fall, and with working and going to school..not sure how I will do it all..I am exhausted now. but it would be a good program..but there has been so much paperwork to do with it..but luckily, it coincided with my having to get the same paperwork done for my work..so I got my credential renewed, TB test taken and CPR done..only to be told by the college that the CPR class I took didn't give me a card for infants..so I need to redo that..It seems to be one thing after another..but they are being nice and letting me do some of it on-line and not charging me any more money.

MY DH has been out of town lately. He has been in Seattle taking care of some personal business..and my son went with him. Then my son found a job up there..they came back down for two days..packed up some stuff and my son went back up there to live. He went to that job..but after two days, the company changed it's mind..(long story there..)..but he has three other possibilities up there, so thinks things will work out anyway. So my DH is flying home on Sat. It is a good thing, because I have a lot of things I need him to do !

This weekend will be another weekend of taking care of mom and dad. I am so glad my DH will be here on Sunday to help take mom and dad to church. It was hard to take mom..and keep an eye on her..and then watch out for dad..and make sure he didn't fall...For those that are new..mom has Alzheimers and dad has a low blood pressure problem..they can do ok...and they do love to go to church..but it isn't easy taking them there..

Well..I thought I had more to report..guess I will go try and get some things organized around here...this place is crazy with trying to get things together for work, school and home..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

dollbug replied to pocotaz's response:
Hello Linda...and welcome back....it has been a really long time since I *saw* you here....I know there were a lot of people who decided to do FB.....I also have a FB acct but only have a couple of people whom I have accepted on it...I have lots of *invites* but for the most part I have no idea who these people are. Mine info is open to public though. I use my FB id to get on other sites so that I can post. I am glad that I never used any of my real true life info....as I hear horrible tales of people who have major problems with it.

I do hope things are going well with you.

As for my life....I have shared a *bit* of what is going on with it....but for the most part....IF I shared all of the things....I am sure that no one would even believe what my family has endured for the past 10 years or so. I keep remembering though that GOD gives us no more than we can handle....and I guess there must be some sort of *lesson to be learned*....honestly though...I think there are days when I can NOT deal with anything else.

Don't know if you remember or not...but I have 3 children....2 boys and a girl in the middle...I also have 3 grandchildren....2 boys and 1 girl (who was my firstborn)....my older son and the mother of his child have been divorced since 2009...and then in 2010 she decides that she and her sister are going to file *false accusations* against my son....at the end of Feb....after the judge told her lawyer that she had better return to NC with my granddaughter and not leave again....she testified in court that she decided herself that in June 2010...her daughter would no longer get to see or have anything else to do with her daddy or his family....yes...she admitted this in court...anyway...after being indicted by a Grand Jury, without any evidence of any crime even taking place....the charges against my son were finally dismissed after over 2 years of waiting for someone to figure out what they had done...

My view on the Judicial System and how it works/ OR NOT....well....you might just guess exactly how I feel...I now know just how *innocent people get indicted, tried and convicted for crimes that they are NOT GUILTY of....as I am positive that my son could have been one of these himself.

I will say this much though....I have learned more about the so called *justice system* than I ever cared to even know....but there must be something VERY IMPORTANT YET that we have NOT learned....since there is a lunatic who took out multiple warrants on my daughter recently...and also went to court and obtained a 50 B against her as well. So here we go again....I can hardly believe what is going on with this as well.

I am thinking somehow that both of these *incidents* are connected....since the ex told my DH that our granddaughter could NOT be around my daughter since she had warrants out against her....and she had just returned from AZ....still do not know exactly how she found out in a couple of days what was going on here. It is interesting....we might NEVER know what exactly the connection is....but I am hoping that somehow it will be exposed.

WHAT A LIFE....and as you know how much STRESS affects us FMers.

That's a bit of what is happening in my corner of the world. Never a DULL MOMENT*****and never without a lot of STRESS.

Take care....I hope you will continue to post here.

MiMi

pocotaz replied to dollbug's response:
Yes MiMi...I do remember and am so sorry to hear things haven't gotten any better for your family...stress does make things worse for you ...my heart and prayers go out to your whole family...I pray some day things settle...for everyone's sake.....much love

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
179 of 196 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.