Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Severe Fatigue info.
pocotaz posted:
I wanted to share some information with anyone who is experiencing severe fatigue.....have your blood checked for B12 ...
I was experiencing fatigue so severe I had trouble keeping my eyes open all the time...would fall asleep sitting up and almost while driving which was very scarey to me....my endocrinologist took 12 vials of blood from me and ran a bunch of tests...she discovered I have pernicious anemia and i'm also very anemic (low iron)....I tried the B12 shots but because of my sensitivity to many things ...I had a reaction to it....

I started B12 vitimins 1,000 milligrams every day a year ago and my level went from 174 to 717 !!! I have to stay on them for the rest of my life but it's woking so far...now I still need to get my iron levels up ...but the severe fatigue is so much better....

Hope this info can help someone ...

Take care

squarley responded:
SO TRUE SOME THING HAPPENED O ME ,WITH MY B12, MINE WAS THE 177 AND IN A YEAR, I WENT TO 669,I GET IT CHECKED EVERY 3 MONTHS IT DOES CHANGE A LITTLE I TO HAVE PA, AND LOW IRON ,IT 11.7 MY HEMOGLOBEN, BUT THERE NOT DOING ANY THING RIGHT NOW I EAT LIVER ONCE A WEEK , I STILL GET TIRED FROM FIBRO BUT NOT AS BAD, I TO HAVE TO TAKE THE PILLS THE REST OF MY LIFE, I DI HAVE TO INCREASE TO 1500 A DAY ,THANKS FOR SHARING, SOFT HUGS, SHIRLEY( I AM SURE THEY CHECKED YOUR D TO MINE WAS LOW AND I HAD TO INCREASE THAT TO)

pocotaz replied to squarley's response:
Yes they did check my D ...was low but have been on supplements for 8 years and that's back up to 49 now !!! My B12 was 174 and by taking vitimins it is now up to 717 ...!!! My tired feeling now is because I am severely anemic...but can't take the prescription iron they way they want me too...so now I have to increase iron rich foods...glad your feeling better also...it helps tremendously but yes I agree it doesn't take away all of that tired feeling....best of luck...

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
464 of 539 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.