Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday, Monday *****3/18/2013*****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC....and it is chilly this early morning....it has been raining...and I woke up much too early....so my day has not started out to be a good one...I do hope it gets better....The furbabies woke me up and then Harley also had to get up and about...there are days though when I just wish for more sleep.

I had a good week-end though...enjoyed the time my family was together...I fixed a really good lunch with meat loaf, pintos and cream potatoes and had vegetables also...topped off with cookie pudding...my older son then took leftovers home....the grandsons were going to jump on the trampoline but it was chilly outside...and Noah needed a nap...he is ill when he does not get enough rest...it was a quiet week-end....for the most part.

Here is hoping everyone had a good week-end and I hope today will be a good day for us all.

The birds are now in full force...and they are everywhere...the flowers are peeking from under the ground...it is getting really close now to springtime and I am so ready for it. I hope we have a very long spring with warm weather for a while...instead of hot, hot weather...sometimes it goes from cold to hot right off. I do enjoy springtime and fall as well...when the temps are really nice.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group...I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. It does take time and effort...and since we are all different what works for one may or may not work for another. Learn all you can about FM though since the more you know the better you can cope...I think we learn as we go.

Vitamin D....be sure and ask your doctor to check this...as it seems to be important for a lot of people these days...we will soon be able to get out and about more and will be able to soak in the warm sunshine as well...which is so good for the mind and the body as well.

New members should be sure and check out the info under *tips* and *resources*....and be sure and review the *member toolbox*.

Have a great day and enjoy the sunshine if you have some.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Monday morning MiMi and fibro FMily. It's cooling down here and the thunder storms and strong winds are going to be over head in just minutes, so will make this short.

I hate to see the spring like temps, high 70's, go away, again, but they say colder air will be in place over us this week so DH brought in all the tropicals and young plants we had taken outside last Monday. And I just noticed as I went outside to put anything out there that could blow into the house or over the fence into the barn that my cherry blossom tree has fully bloomed. I hope those lovely flowers can hold on today during the storm. Darn, I waited all winter to see the tree in full bloom and today those flowers may be blown away because of the winds. Again, : (

I love the colors and temps of spring but do so hate the terrible weather that comes with it. OK, will check back later.

Sending warm wishes out that each of you has a great day..
Gentle hugs, LindaR

katmandulou responded:
Hi ALl, short check-in today. It's late and I'm sick.

COLD out, 38 is the high for the day. They're using the four-letter S word - snow - for tonight and early tomorrow. Ugh, just when I thought things were getting better!

The stomach bug I got last week won't go away. The nausea/vomiting is gone but it's getting old running to the bathroom every hours. My doc says I might have C Diff, so a sample just went to the lab. I'm glad DH is here to help, I'm not sure I could have driven the 1/2 mile to the lab. LOL really...

Nothing else new here, I wish you all the best day you can possibly have,
Lou

dollbug replied to katmandulou's response:
Hello Lou....so sorry that you are sick....there is a bug going around here as well....my daughter in law was sick on Friday....I sure hope that I don't end of getting it. I try to stay away from those who are sick.

My DH said there were people Thursday who also had been sick. He normally does not pick up the sickness but it seems to *hop on him* and then it transfer to me...not a good thing at all. I think that the doctors called him a *carrier*...he was never sick except when a tick bite him until he had cancer. But he aways manage to *bring things home to me*...when I was a stay at home mom with our children...when I got sick I would always ask him IF someone was sick at his work. 95% of the time the answer was yes.

Sorry about the *S* word as well....OK....so surely to goodness this will be the last *S* that you will get....as it is time for springtime.

I do hope you will feel better soon.

Stay warm.

MiMi

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

BetteK replied to katmandulou's response:
Oh Lou,

I had C Diff as I was recovering from a hip replacement. NOW, I think it's funny. Then, it was a disaster. Getting out of bed and hobbling to the toilet with your nice, new walker gets kind of old when you do it every 15 or so minutes. At least the hospital gowns weren't between be and the bowl as I was easing down to the seat. Physical therapy was more than interesting

Just in case it IS C Diff--or something else contagious--be sure to wash your bedding, undies, PJs, etc. in HOT water. Use bleach any time you can. Try to limit the number of people you come in contact with.

(I had to be re-admitted to the hospital 2 weeks after surgery. I was put in isolation. The staff had to gown up to enter my room. I wouldn't let the sons visit and made hubby gown up and wash/sanitize his hands coming in and going out.)

That's how serious the hospital was about C Diff. And how serious you should be.

BetteK

rudyandirmouse replied to katmandulou's response:
Hi Lou, gosh I'm sorry your sick. I hope it's not C Diff and nothing more than just a stubbron bug that can be cleared up with meds.

Gosh, I wish some of us lived near by you so we could be of some help.

Please let us know what the lab results are. As always I will keep you in my prayers and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Also, sorry about the cold and maybe -snow - there. I wish I had some sunny and warm TN weather to send up your way, but alas it's cold and over cast here too.

Okay will close this here and I hope so badly that your begin to feel better really, really quickly.
Love and hugs, LindaR

katmandulou responded:
Quick check in - it's NOT C Diff! The doc wanted an X-ray, and it showed nothing out of the ordinary )meaning nothing blocking progress). I just took an Immodium and I'm hoping the uncontrolled pooping will be over soon. Not bad for a woman who's usually stopped up.

WOOHOO - the things we celebrate!
Lou

dollbug replied to katmandulou's response:
Hello Lou....it is funny *the things we celebrate*...I have to laugh...but I am glad things are ok.

Last month I was getting up each morning checking out the *website to see who had warrants listed*....no joke...never in a million years did I ever think that I would be doing this or even worrying about such....it is sad when *innocent people have warrants against them for doing nothing*....there MUST be some sort of *lesson for me to learn* about such as this....since I have truly been *exposed to a lot of this in the past few years*...

Take care and I hope you will continue to recover.

MiMi

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
367 of 394 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.