Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I was a witch (spelled with a B)
BetteK posted:
To all of you,

I've been horrible this past few weeks. I've been bossy, dictatorial, and mean-spirited. PLEASE FORGIVE ME.

The flare that hit me this last time was something I just wasn't ready for. The entire spine was involved. Bladder and intestines were playing on-again-off-again with too much and too little alternating with no rhyme or reason. And then the sciatic nerve started screaming with the tiniest bit of motion.

At 8:01 this morning I called the pain clinic and asked permission to restart the oxycontin I was on last summer. They gave the okay. I have most of a month's worth left over.

The meds started to kick in at 9:15. The relief that one little 10 mg. pill brought was a minor miracle. The sciatic nerve is only whispering.
I had ONE (1) comfortable bowel movement. I void every 2-3 hours, and it doesn't hurt. The rest of the spine is down to level 3 pain. The warm shower an hour ago did not hurt my skin. I can't feel/hear/sense a pulse in either calf, abdomen, or head.

At a $5.00 co-pay for 150 pills (I can take one to three twice a day.) my miracle cost about three cents.

I sincerely hope that each and every one of us can find our own personal miracle, that it costs about $0.03, and that it is available to anyone who needs it.

Again, I am truly sorry for all the toes I have trampled lately, AND so blessed to have a pain clinic that responds to my needs, AND unbelievably thankful to have all of you (INCLUDING YOUR TOES) here for the good times and the ones like the past few weeks.

Thank you all,

BetteK

rudyandirmouse responded:
BetteK, I'm sorry you have been in such pain. Fibro flares are no fun. I too have had the fibro DX a long time, 34 years.

Fibro is no fun and we all have days while in fibro flares that we'd like to take back, things done or said, because fibro issues have mad us so painfully unhappy.

Those who do not suffer with fibro and it's many conditions have no clue as to how it alters one's life. That's why this site, place, people is so very special because we do understand and care do deeply about our FMily members.

I hope that the meds you are taking from the pain clinic takes or eases your flare and it's pain away quickly.

Gentle hugs, LindaR

An_244127 responded:
Hi, Bette, yes I think we have all been there at the awful times when a flare hits so bad you just are completely knocked out from the pain. My pain is constant, everyday all over pain (I also have back and neck problems too), so I feel like I have a flare daily. I do hope you are feeling better, however I am wondering about your use of your medication, oxycontin. I am surprised that you are taking that on as needed basis for pain, it is a long acting pain med that works around the clock if taken correctly. I have never heard of someone using it short-term to get through a flare. Am I misunderstanding, do you mean oxycodone? That could be used for breakthrough pain. I know we all just want fewer days with pain, I think if you took a small dose of oxycontin everyday, you could have that. Take care.

Helpful Tips

Vitamin D level checked ***
I encourage everyone who is having pain problems to ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level......a simple blood test...and so very ... More
Was this Helpful?
214 of 244 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.