Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hump Day ****3/20/2013 ****first day of spring****????
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...and it is the first day of SPRING ...so what is going on with the temps? It is going to be a *chilly day*....I am so ready for warmer weather now....and all of the nice things which tag along with it. Hopefully it will get better as Easter approaches...which is now just around the corner as well.

So much going on around the country....actually around the world. Seems like so much is out of control. I know that in my own personal events...things could have/should have/would have been different....IF laws had been followed....I have to wonder just how many things might turn out in a different manner IF people followed the law. Court is suppose to be the place to get *issues redressed*....but I have also found out that this is NOT always the case as well. Things can tend to get even worse, which should NOT be the case. The good ole system sometimes does NOT work like it should/would/could...or so it seems.

OK...enough on my soap box.

I kept my grandson yesterday and we had fun. He is full of energy. He called me the other night and wanted to know if we could take him to the pizza place...he loves pizza and vegetables. He called us too late though as we had already fixed our dinner. I told him that we would have to go another time.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process which does take time and effort...there are no quick fixes that I am aware of. Learning all we can about the wrath of the dragon, aka FM...is an important step to coping better with it.
Finding out what others do to cope can help some people figure out what they need as well. We are all different and what helps one person may or may not work for you. You have to be the judge of what works for you.

Vitamin D....be sure and ask your doctor about getting your level checked....which is important to a lof of people these days....low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it on this *spring day*....I hope this is NOT what we have to look forward to this spring....as I want some nice warm weather.

Have a good day.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

katmandulou responded:
Happy Hump Day!

Sunny and cold here, 33? and it feels like 22?, and going up to 41?. I'm enjoying the sunshine, and I'll head out later for my Vitamin D.

I was so glad to report back that I didn't have C Diff, a bacterial infection of the colon. An xray showed no blockage, so I took some Immodium. I'm really shocked at ho quickly it worked. Now I have to get rehydrated.

It's funny what our little ones will eat. I have a nephew who has always loved a good green salad, and any veggie except green beans! I once made a meat and veg dish for a holiday dinner, and I saw him picking out the beans. I said I love green beans, so he oared the ones he had picked out onto my plate. LOL If I had known I would have wrapped a can of green beans for him!

I wish everyone the best day they can possibly have!
Lou

lb707 replied to katmandulou's response:
Good morning all

Here in the NW tons of rain all night but right now it is dry with a little sun peaking through. Won't last but good for now! Weather has sure been crazy..

Just coming off a flare a fatigue. My friends could even hear it in my voice on the phone. Not sure why but sleep was a big issue. I have been taking gabapentin at night and that is helping........plus just staying in and resting taking time to focus on me for a few days.

rudyandirmouse responded:
Hi MiMi and to all that follow my post on this 1ST day of spring 2013! WhooHoo I am so happy to be able to say spring and it really is!

But having said that, snow tonight, really? Really.. so what's happened to my much hoped for warm spring temps. Dunno, it's like they've missed my area. It will be coldish way up into next week and maybe, even Easter weekend. That's rare here, we always have nice warm temps by then.

It really is nice here tho, sun's out, clear skies.. signs of spring everywhere... but in the temps. The fruit trees in my back yard are all showing flowers now.. my back lawn is 1/2 green and I have ground flowers coming up. So I'm happy enough cold temps or no.

I'm waiting for DH to get home so we can go out and do a few errands. I have to stop @ my BBF's house to drop of some smoked brisket DH made Sunday and then to the health store downtown. It's so pretty there now, the Dogwood trees are in flull bloom and the city's awash in pink, white and yellow colors. I love this part of the country three seasons a year, Fall with it's beautiful colors, Spring with the greens, pinks, yellows, purples and whites, and summer with it lush looking greens. So right about now I'm in my glories with so much color for a change.

MiMi, your day with Noah sounded so nice. Wish I had my little ones near by so I to could be able to spend the kind of time you are able to with yours. Color me Green with Envy. And yes I too hope that temps will get warmer by Easter. Their saying NO for that here tho. But if the day is as pretty as this one I won't be able to complaine... it's so pretty outside today.

LOU, I am so happy that your tests came back clean and that you are feeling so much better AND will be feeling back to your old self soon.

angelswife, am finishing up the book I told you about the other day and hope to have it wrapped and off to you at least by Easter.

Okay, I guess since I have very little to post about, I guess I should close this and get the rest of my day moving along.

Have a wonderful 1ST day of Spring everyone..
Linda R

mnjeepguy responded:
It was a cold day today of only 23, and a low for tonight of 4! I noticed on the news last night that last year we hit a record high of 72 in mid March. There is enough snow in my back yard that I had to shovel around the inside of my 4' fence to keep the hounds from getting out.

I had a good day I would say. Work was fairly quiet. my knees took the brunt of what I did yesterday and I am tired, but fine. When I am up to it I like to help others who need it. It all comes back around.

tomorrow is supposed to be a long day but the weekend is in sight. I have been making good progress on my school books, life is good today. Take care everyone.

Cory

Helpful Tips

Vitamin D level checked ***
I encourage everyone who is having pain problems to ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level......a simple blood test...and so very ... More
Was this Helpful?
214 of 244 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.